Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Chelsea Verdict

Kashmire Hawker

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
We’re liking a 2-1 against “The Big Six” this season and we are liking beating Chelsea at Molineux, with a 4th win in 6 Premier League campaigns against them.

Two very good goals despite general play being scrappy and who cares how they go in.

Have yourselves a very Merry Christmas all and knowing tomorrow is two years since losing my brother, that is for you Kieran.

Jawwfc

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Good result allround but typical Wolves to still raise our heart rates with 5 minutes to go.

GON made the right decisions today, the RAN "injury" was the turning point.

Lemina and Gomes absolutely brilliant wish we had them 3/4 years ago to support Neves and Moutiniho.

Leminas interview was very revealing as I mentioned in another thread footballers tend to come from the same backgrounds we do and live with the same problems we have, hope his dad is okay. His dad should be very proud of Mario and his brother who is highly rated at PSG.

I really disagreed with the xmas eve fixture but I can walk into work tomorrow a very happy Wolves fan.

Monketron

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Great result against a weirdly poor Chelsea team. First half was meh but 2nd half we really came out and asserted ourselves on the game. Lemina MOTM but Gomes/Toti not far behind. Thought both wing-backs were great too.

loppers86

Reaction score
Glad to get the 3 points. Good management and tactics from GON.

What was Kilman doing on their goal? He stood still looking at their scorer next to him for 15 seconds, then moaned that somebody else didn’t jump in and win it.

Wolf 82

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
A lovely Christmas present.. was never going to be easy and I would love to see our defence tighten up their mistakes.. but we stuck to the task and won.

Chelsea missed some good openings, but we created plenty ourselves.

3 more beautiful points in the bag.

JadeWolf

Official Noddy pre match thread starter.
Reaction score
Hell of a shift from the lads. Lemina unbelievable. Deserved the win after another shaky start. Never make it easy do we!

Btw Cole Palmer is a hell of a player. As for Sterling, have some of that you cheating little *****.

Tring Wolf

MolMix Poster of the Season Winner 2011-2012 and r
Reaction score
Started really slowly and the game could and should have been over in the first 30 minutes. Improved noticeably after O’Neil’s tactical tweak and thought we played well second half.

Lemina was immense throughout. Won everything in midfield, a great header for the goal and thoroughly deserved his MoM award. Special mention to Semedo who was excellent and Joao Gomes who after a difficult first half and just as it looked like he was tiring, found an extra gear to drive us forward in the last 30 mins.

Great to have RAN back (Toti had his best game in weeks next to him) and just have to hope Dawson’s injury isn’t as bad as it looks. Sa continues to amaze and frustrate in almost equal measure. A hugely important save from Sterling but a couple of nearly costly errors from his handling and distribution.

Can’t quite believe how average that Chelsea side is given the money they have spent over the last 18 months.

Sa 6
Dawson 6
Kilman 6
Toti 7
Semedo 8
Gomes 7
Lemina 9
RAN 7
Sarabia 7
Hwang 6
Cunha 6

Doyle 6
S Bueno 6
Doherty 7
H Bueno 7

After a run of poor performances and with some tough fixtures to come, that is an absolutely huge effort and result. And as someone who was hugely against the O’Neil appointment at the time, to have us 11th at this stage of the season is a fantastic achievement. Full credit to him and the players.

Finally, so pleased to get a fitting result to honour Jonzy’s memory. God bless him and his family and a very Merry Christmas to all Mixers.

Last edited:

cannockwolves

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I haven't been to day, helping prepare the Christmas vegs and I didn't feel that great this morning so stayed home. But I did watch it on the TV.

Rode our luck a bit to be fair, but a win is really great. With us on 22 points another 3 or 4 wins should see us stay up.

Happy Christmas everyone. Enjoy the win

Skrilla

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Hell of a shift from the lads. Lemina unbelievable. Deserved the win after another shaky start. Never make it easy do we!

Btw Cole Palmer is a hell of a player. As for Sterling, have some of that you cheating little *****.
Palmer is a fantastic prospect, I think we did a really good job of not giving him time on the ball today.

Jefe

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
The proverbial game of two halves and one I think we just about deserved on balance, against perhaps the worst Chelsea side in living memory. Both sets of players looked like they'd gotten on the eggnog early, but the three points are very welcome given the results of this weekend.

Again we started poorly, and had Chelsea's final ball and touch in the penalty area been better, we'd have been at least a goal down at the break. I can believe the stat that they've missed more "big chances" than any other side. We lacked any ideas and when we did get possession, we tried to play keep-ball just for the sake of it with little sense of progression, and there was always the danger we'd play ourselves into trouble.

Cunha and Sa (x2) could have cost us goals with lackadaisical play in dangerous areas, though Sa kept redeemed himself with a terrific one on one save. We grew into the half gradually and could have scored if Hwang had steered an admittedly difficult chance in from the ball over the top.

But second half, we were transformed. Much more aggressive, forcing Chelsea into mistakes. By the time the goal came it was deserved, and no one more deserving than Lemina who was simply superb today. Now it was Chelsea making unforced mistakes, and in a weird way it was the errors that gave the game an entertaining sense of unpredictability. I winced when Gary brought Doc on in an attacking position, but when it pays off the way it did, you certainly can't complain!

Dozy defending by Kilman got Chelsea back into it (complete with the John Travolta shrug, as though Nkunku wasn't his man), made it hairier than it ought to be, but it was fairly comfortable in the end. I was especially pleased to see the scrote Sterling get his comeuppance. Looked like a booking for persistent flopping rather than a single act of simulation.

Hawkguy

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Gomes and Lemina are life. Love them both so much. Semedo and RAN were solid too. Dawson injury scary.

And this Sarabia "is ****" narrative really has to ****ing stop. 8 goal contributions in 683 minutes. Averaging a goal contribution every 85 minutes. And that obviously doesn't include plays like a few weeks ago where he'd have the "secondary" assist.

astraltrader

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Started really slowly and the game could and should have been over in the first 30 minutes. Improved noticeably after O’Neil’s tactical tweak and thought we played well second half.

Lemina was immense throughout. Won everything in midfield, a great header for the goal and thoroughly deserved his MoM award. Special mention to Semedo who was excellent and Joao Gomes who after a difficult first half and just as it looked like he was tiring, found an extra gear to drive us forward in the last 30 mins.

Great to have RAN back (Toti had his best game in weeks next to him) and just have to hope Dawson’s injury isn’t as bad as it looks. Sa continues to amaze and frustrate in almost equal measure. A hugely important save from Sterling but a couple of nearly costly errors from his handling and distribution.

Can’t quite believe how average that Chelsea side is given the money they have spent over the last 18 months.

Sa 6
Dawson 6
Kilman 6
Toti 7
Semedo 8
Gomes 7
Lemina 9
RAN 7
Sarabia 7
Hwang 6
Cunha 6

After a run of poor performances and with some tough fixtures to come, that is an absolutely huge effort and result. And as someone who was hugely against the O’Neil appointment at the time, to have us 11th at this stage of the season is a fantastic achievement. Full credit to him and the players.

Finally, so pleased to get a fitting result to honour Jonzy’s passing. God bless him and his family and a very Merry Christmas to all Mixers.
Well said Tring.
A happy Christmas to all Mol Mixers. :):)

Dorbelflunk

Reaction score
What a difference from the Forest home game.

Not perfect - scrappy and a lot of needless errors - but a nice one to ease any nerves that were creeping in around recent form.

Sketchead

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Lucky to get away with the first half but thought we played well for large parts of the second.

Lemina is a monster, Joao Gomes very good, Semedo was brilliant.

Shout out to our Gary and Rayan for the faking injury in the first half so he could get some messages to the players. Enjoyed RAN’s giggle after when the manager said something in his ear. Good ****housing that big clubs do all the time when something isn’t working.

The Clock

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
From BBC app:
"No side has lost more Premier League matches in 2023 than Chelsea (19), while only Almería (24), Werder Bremen (20) and Empoli (20) have lost more games than the Blues across the big five European leagues (Premier League, La Liga, Bundesliga, Serie A and Ligue 1) this calendar year."

Crikey!

Great win and three points puts us in a better place.
Best wishes to all

Back
Top Bottom