Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Wolves v Spurs verdict

brianm

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Ps my mate left on 90 minutes but thinks we don't know. It's a conflict between mocking laughter and silent compassion, cos that's gotta hurt.
Time will tell
Gotta rip the bandage off over beers methinks

What are friends for if not to give you **** over something like that (assuming it's not a serious reason for leaving)?

el gringo

Reaction score
From Guardian match report:

"They failed to tame a relentless and hungry Wolves side after Brennan Johnson’s first Spurs goal with two minutes and 11 seconds on the clock."

D

Deleted member 13560twfw

From Guardian match report:

"They failed to tame a relentless and hungry Wolves side after Brennan Johnson’s first Spurs goal with two minutes and 11 seconds on the clock."

There's no way I could have finished that goal Sarabia finished, probably would have hit it wide or into the side netting.

Hot Fuss

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I'm not really seeing where people arent giving him credit when he does something good. Saying people are wrong after 12 games is laughable really. We could go on a great run, or we could collapse in a heap like we did under Lage after a good run where we were on the verge of getting a top 4 spot, and plenty of people back then ( including you ) were out with these sort of "i told you so "posts and look what happened there. I'll stick to calling it game by game at the moment. If we are ****, i'll say so. If we do well, same again, i'll say so. At the moment, we are exactly where i believe any half competent coach would have us, we are a middle of the road Premier league side.

I wouldnt be using that United game as a good barometer of performance either, everyone pretty much performs well against them. They are hopeless. The Liverpool first half is probably more a fair reflection of our capability to play some good football.
I didn’t say people weren’t giving him credit, I said they hate doing it. Which a few, yourself included, clearly do. Even this post (“any half competent coach could do this”) shows it.

Mate, you predicted 5 points from the first 10 games, so to say you were wrong isnt “laughable” it’s a fact.

QB Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Too much like Andy keogh anyone can run around
Andy Keogh, Championship winner, who played 129 times for us, scoring 23 goals and laying on who knows how many for SEB, scorer of our first ever Premier League away goal, hated by idiots, loved by anyone with half a brain? That Andy Keogh?

He cost £600k, not £40m.

I like Cunha too!

Mile End Wanderer

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Andy Keogh, Championship winner, who played 129 times for us, scoring 23 goals and laying on who knows how many for SEB, scorer of our first ever Premier League away goal, hated by idiots, loved by anyone with half a brain? That Andy Keogh?

He cost £600k, not £40m.

I like Cunha too!
Both of them never scored enough. Give me players like Ebanks Blake every day of the week

WeAreTheWolvesII

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
What a day, think I've still not recovered from drinking all day afterwards.

The celebrations in the South Bank were spectacular. So many on the floor. Slight shame the goals weren't scored in front of the South Bank as haven't really seen a proper video of the celebrations. It really was up there with United (H) in the FA Cup. Full credit to O'Neil for getting this side playing like the Nuno days.

I said all along about the atmosphere that in this country it's entirely down to what your team does on the pitch.

We've now got a team that plays with intensity/passion and the fans have helped us to eight points from 4 of the best teams in the country.

Aside from the obvious mentions, thought Kilman was outstanding on Saturday. Really commanding, assured display.

WickedWolfie

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
What a day, think I've still not recovered from drinking all day afterwards.

The celebrations in the South Bank were spectacular. So many on the floor. Slight shame the goals weren't scored in front of the South Bank as haven't really seen a proper video of the celebrations. It really was up there with United (H) in the FA Cup. Full credit to O'Neil for getting this side playing like the Nuno days.

I said all along about the atmosphere that in this country it's entirely down to what your team does on the pitch.

We've now got a team that plays with intensity/passion and the fans have helped us to eight points from 4 of the best teams in the country.

Aside from the obvious mentions, thought Kilman was outstanding on Saturday. Really commanding, assured display.
Agreed re Kilman. His best game of the season in my view.

Mile End Wanderer

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Tbf there are like fifteen teams in the league that feel they are a striker short.
Good hard working strikers are hard to come by Luton have a decent one in Adebayo though scored at this level already always hungry which is what teams want. Look how long it took watkins to come good for villa for example

brianm

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Agreed re Kilman. His best game of the season in my view.
Those cross-field switches he was spraying out wide from just about the final third were really something. That's a CB! Look at the size of him! That's a 30m player EASY.

lobodelsur

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
In the cold light of day I was thinking about our goals and, specifically, how both came from players making runs behind Spurs defence. Given that everyone and his dog had identified that Spurs' high-line defence was a catastrophe waiting to happen I wonder why we waited until they were defending in deep areas before sending runners in behind ? Does GON know something nobody else knows ?

Leominster_Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Just found it on the bottom of the sky sports report

• Wolves' win is just the eighth time a side has won a Premier League game having trailed going into the 90th minute, with Tottenham the only side to lose more than once (also against Everton in December 2012).

Bryce

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
We're still missing a striker. Imagine what we could do if we had a Callum Wilson, an Ivan Toney, a Watkins or a Mitrovitch?
All sadly never within our reach now

If I were a gambling man I would go and give Wrexham 4 million for Mullin who can finish and is playing below his ability. They named a stand at Cambridge after him during his time there . If it’s a cheap finisher you want then he fits the bill at 29
I can see him getting a wales cap soon and then his value doubles

Jack Russell

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

• Wolves' win is just the eighth time a side has won a Premier League game having trailed going into the 90th minute, with Tottenham the only side to lose more than once (also against Everton in December 2012).
Quite so. Clint Dempsey put Tottenham ahead in the 76th minute. Steven Pienaar replied on 90 minutes and Nikica Jelavic got the winner on 90+2. 9 December 2012.

WickedWolfie

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Those cross-field switches he was spraying out wide from just about the final third were really something. That's a CB! Look at the size of him! That's a 30m player EASY.
Picked it up from Coady no doubt.

QB Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
All sadly never within our reach now

If I were a gambling man I would go and give Wrexham 4 million for Mullin who can finish and is playing below his ability. They named a stand at Cambridge after him during his time there . If it’s a cheap finisher you want then he fits the bill at 29
I can see him getting a wales cap soon and then his value doubles
Wow that’s a big jump, 4th tier to the Premier League, not saying he couldn’t, but I’d be amazed if we signed him.

GoldenHorseshoe

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

Hence 'Totteringham'

Fenrir_

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

Spurs have also been on both sides of it having done the same to Sheff Utd earlier this season

Thank you Sir Jack

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

To be fair LW, I doubt that any of these eight have been behind for 89 minutes. They may have been behind in the 90th. minute though.

Leominster_Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
To be fair LW, I doubt that any of these eight have been behind for 89 minutes. They may have been behind in the 90th. minute though.
True enough, just remember seeing that stat at the weekend And wasn’t an answer to the original question.
As I told the kids when they were doing their exams….. read the question :D

WickedWolfie

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Didn't they do it a Leicester a few seasons ago?
Of the eight times it has happened Spurs have been on the winning side twice (l believe that you are correct about where and against who) and losing side twice. At least their fans see late goals lol....

Golden_Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Brilliant win.we are a much better side without ait nouri and it really doesn't matter who replaces him.he offers nothing defensively or attacking. Can't tackle,can't head the ball and his corners and crossing are abysmal. Apart from that he's ok

Good One Lol GIF by Justin

Back
Top Bottom