Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Sheffield United- Pre Game thread

Monketron

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I'd like to see the same formation but we can afford to be more aggressive with how far up the wing-backs/midfield can push up and squeeze Sheffield back.

Last edited:

Bognor_Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
What's Toti done wrong ?
Glad you arnt in Gary's seat
He hasn't done anything wrong just feel for this game we need to really get at the them from the start given their record to date.....So just for this game Toti comes out we don't need three centre backs against Sheff Utd..

Also with Neto being out our main attacking threat has gone so just changing like for like will leave us short of creativity in my opinion.

waveney wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
He hasn't done anything wrong just feel for this game we need to really get at the them from the start given their record to date.....So just for this game Toti comes out we don't need three centre backs against Sheff Utd..

Also with Neto being out our main attacking threat has gone so just changing like for like will leave us short of creativity in my opinion.
Playing five at the back against a " not so good team " not only allows semedo and ait Nouri to join the attack , but it also allows 1 of totti / kilman to join the midfield, which then allows an extra midfield player to push into the attack

Nige100

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Worrying fixture this for me. Got a Luton feel all over it. Get out with a point continue the unbeaten run and anything more gratefully received.

mcwolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
dare i ask who the ffing ref is

Sketchead

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Doubt he will be fit enough then. The silence is deafening

Isn't it standard to get squad updates for the weekend in the manager's pre-match press conference? That hasn't happened yet. Even then, unless they're clearly injured (like Neto), you'd expect the manager to keep it vague so the opposition don't know exactly who to prepare for.

Why would you expect us to stick out a website piece a few days in advance letting the opposition know who is and isn't available?

Mile End Wanderer

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Used to be a class night club called Plug in Sheffield is it still there?? Pulled so many hotties it’s unreal. Great student times

Reactions: AW

lets all have a disco

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Nevermind parking......where's everybody boozing.....it's a great away day Sheffield Utd.....has some classic trips over the years there.....will be in Sheffield about 10ish......

Golden Arrow

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Nevermind parking......where's everybody boozing.....it's a great away day Sheffield Utd.....has some classic trips over the years there.....will be in Sheffield about 10ish......
Hi Mate, hope you're well.
Should be in around 11.00 and will start proceedings at the "Sheffield Tap" (on the station).
Keep me posted of your whereabouts if you get chance and perhaps we can meet up for a pre-match beverage.

lets all have a disco

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Hi Mate, hope you're well.
Should be in around 11.00 and will start proceedings at the "Sheffield Tap" (on the station).
Keep me posted of your whereabouts if you get chance and perhaps we can meet up for a pre-match beverage.
Yes will do....me battery playing up on me phone though, so won't use it much but will......it's about 10.20 ish we get in from Brum.....so will probably bump into ya at some point...

Jd132

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
I think Gary's in game variation, provided by the flexibility of Toti and RAN is key. Therefore a mix of the two formations below is what I would expect to see.
Screenshot_20231103_110919_LINEUP11.jpg
Screenshot_20231103_111015_LINEUP11.jpg

Fifty Niner

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Sheffield Utd. Rock bottom with no wins. Sort of game we’d have lost or drawn at best in previous seasons. Good test as to where we are at, although we did manage to beat Bournemouth.

lets all have a disco

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
What's up with Hugo Bueno..... anybody nw....we could do with him back after the international break, when the fixtures start piling up a bit....seems to have been out for a bit...

StaffordWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I can honestly see Fabio being used tomorrow, maybe even starting. Don't know why, I've just got a feeling.

I'm sure his time out of the spotlight and the pressure for results lifted slightly will help him perform.

NothingButNeto

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I can honestly see Fabio being used tomorrow, maybe even starting. Don't know why, I've just got a feeling.

I'm sure his time out of the spotlight and the pressure for results lifted slightly will help him perform.

I’ve had the same gut feeling, either him or Fraser over Sasa.

brianm

Has a lot to say
Reaction score

This site shows their injury problems at the minute...pretty brutal it has to be said. Manager has also been experimenting with moving to a back 4 from 3 CB plus wing backs...

Makes me feel better about the game to be honest. Feel a bit for Heckingbottom, there isn't much to do when your threadbare squad gets crushed by injuries.

Streathamwolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

Possible, I have a feeling his slightly manic performances so far may have been about having 10 minutes to impress. Maybe starting will give him a chance to get into the game.

Northampton_wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
But with a confident squad, and all-but the injured academy graduate pair of Hugo Bueno and Joe Hodge available for tomorrow afternoon’s fixture at Bramall Lane, O’Neil believes his players will step up to the mark during what he expects will be a difficult game against a team who will be going all out in search of their first win this season.

northnorfolkwolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
For anyone thinking of going last minute, like me, and getting a seat with the home fans, you need so many loyalty points to buy a ticket. When I rang the SU TO they said this is to stop away fans sitting with the Utd fans! Shame that as I can get to Sheffield easily and there are seats available!

Mile End Wanderer

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
For anyone thinking of going last minute, like me, and getting a seat with the home fans, you need so many loyalty points to buy a ticket. When I rang the SU TO they said this is to stop away fans sitting with the Utd fans! Shame that as I can get to Sheffield easily and there are seats available!
Go on SU forum and pretend to be one of them?

Sheffield Wolf

Reaction score
If anybody has a spare ticket, please let me know. I’ll wander down anyway to Bramall Lane about 2 o’clock to see if I can pick one up.

Back
Top Bottom