Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Pedro Neto

Fenrir_

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I do think Pedro is a bit more grounded than Nunes, the best way for him to get a move will be keep playing well, I feel that Neto will always appreciate a bit more than Nunes did.

They both came here to use us as stepping stones but Nunes was further in his development and Neto came here at that time when we were flying and all was going well. So I've no doubts Neto has a much stronger connection to the club and fans than Nunes was ever going to have, which (I hope) will mean he goes about it in the right way

SoCal_Wolf

Reaction score
Neto will go when the right team comes in with the right amount of money. For that, he needs to perform well for a whole season and show he’s beyond the injury problems. I would hope that we bring in a winger sooner rather than later to give them a half season to bed in and prepare for Neto’s departure—I’m not sure that Enso will be quite ready next year for a consistent starter role (and neither is Chiquinho apparently).

WolfLing

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

OLDGOLD

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Rumour from my dad who knows a member of the coaching staff at the club is that Neto is off to Arsenal in January....but he has given me info before and a lot of it turns out to either be rubbish, or, of being charitable, not to happen for whatever reason.

Mile End Wanderer

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Rumour from my dad who knows a member of the coaching staff at the club is that Neto is off to Arsenal in January....but he has given me info before and a lot of it turns out to either be rubbish, or, of being charitable, not to happen for whatever reason.
Long rumour this one. They wanted him last season but only wanted to offer 25m

sillytuna

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Little sense in leaving in january, including for him. I also believe arsenal simply wouldn't have the money.

Some folks here are overestimating his value too. Unless he starts getting more goals, he's 50m range. Maybe a bit more if there's a fight. Absolutely no way he's 80-100m unless lunatic chelsea or united come in for him.

Mile End Wanderer

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Little sense in leaving in january, including for him. I also believe arsenal simply wouldn't have the money.

Some folks here are overestimating his value too. Unless he starts getting more goals, he's 50m range. Maybe a bit more if there's a fight. Absolutely no way he's 80-100m unless lunatic chelsea or united come in for him.
Well if United, Arsenal, Chelsea and Liverpool all want him, let the bidding war begin. We will demand well over 50/60m I am sure of that. Especially in January where prices are very much inflated..

Mudryk fee 89m has set a bench mark, we can use that as good leverage. He’s 23 will only get better…

Latest rumour Iv heard. Liverpool willing to sell Salah in January for 200m and use 75m for Neto…

He’s got a lengthy contract with us. Should enjoy him while we have him.

Last edited:

WolfInSheep'sClothing

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

Put quite simply, I expect him to start getting more goals. I think this is his proper breakout season.

Minimalist

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
If he wanted to go and arsenal don’t have the money I wonder if we could do a deal with Ramsdale and/or Nketiah being involved?

wolfslair

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Yes and they can foxtrot Oscar with that
Arsenal offered between 45-55 million in advanced talks before the knee injury against Fulham for the following summer depending on who you speak to.

The lower offers were based on them taking a punt on him recovering or not and keeping the fee low based upon that

Aimless Balls

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Yeah they were trying to buy low, fair enough. I’m surprised Fosun didn’t bite on £25m and call it a profit.

wolfslair

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Yeah they were trying to buy low, fair enough. I’m surprised Fosun didn’t bite on £25m and call it a profit.
He is worth more than that even with the injury concerns at the time.

They made the right call and no chance a deal for a popular player like Pedro in the squad and with the fan base to go that cheaply

Glow69

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
He looks a bit over weight maybe. Can be difficult for someone so young to adapt to the dietary requirements of a top professional footballer.

People in glass houses and all that, but I’m not a pro footballer!

More like Stocky and puppy fat in the face

Aimless Balls

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
He is worth more than that even with the injury concerns at the time.

They made the right call and no chance a deal for a popular player like Pedro in the squad and with the fan base to go that cheaply
Obviously the call was the right one, always was, just a bit surprised they made it.

wolfslair

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Obviously the call was the right one, always was, just a bit surprised they made it.
I agree with you mate, Mikel arteta is a massive massive fan of Pedro Neto.

The thinking at arsenal is actually bring him him in might mean they can try martinelli more centrally and use his pace and skill in a new way to give them even more attacking threat and options.

Mile End Wanderer

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
He’s a potential world class player, any sale should reflect that, I’m thinking he’s easily £70m, he’s way better than Sancho for a start
Would anyone take Sancho and 50m? They’re desperate to offload

Coshamwolves

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Oh ****..did`nt realise Mendes is Neto`s agent and we know he likes a nice slice of the pie, so i if he keeps his current form up..could be gone in January.

Flaneur

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
He wouldn't even be a Wolves player without Mendes though. We shouldn't forget that.
At the time, the signing of Neto wasn't in the same calibre of a Neves/Jota/Moutinho that we would've had zero chance of attaining without Mendes - If anything it was more of a return favour to Mendes for the above that ended up paying off very well for us in the end imo

£20m+ for Neto & Jordao, who had only managed a mere 142 senior minutes between them for Lazio, was a lot of money.

Supadavewolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Eight PL matches.

1 goal.

5 assists.

In a team that has struggled to show any consistent form.

If Pedro keeps his fitness and this level of form, we need to demand Megabucks for him.

(to be precise, the OED definition of "Megabucks" is "Loadsa dosh" ;))

Wolf in the sun

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Eight PL matches.

1 goal.

5 assists.

In a team that has struggled to show any consistent form.

If Pedro keeps his fitness and this level of form, we need to demand Megabucks for him.

(to be precise, the OED definition of "Megabucks" is "Loadsa dosh" ;))
I agree

People have pointed out with his goals v game record he would score 5 goals over the season but they fail to mention if you use the same maths on his assists that would be 20-25 !!!

wolfslair

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I agree

People have pointed out with his goals v game record he would score 5 goals over the season but they fail to mention if you use the same maths on his assists that would be 20-25 !!!
It is why people say goal contributions to cover both to make sure players get credit for being a menace to the other team for their attacking prowess.

Neto is and always has been a threat with goals or assists. He is a fantastic player and it is awesome to see him back to full fitness after such a hard time the last year and a bit.

SingYourHeartsOut

"Its less confusing with a smaller brain"
Reaction score
It is why people say goal contributions to cover both to make sure players get credit for being a menace to the other team for their attacking prowess.

Neto is and always has been a threat with goals or assists. He is a fantastic player and it is awesome to see him back to full fitness after such a hard time the last year and a bit.
Pretty crude though. 40 yard run skinning the fullback to deliver the ball on a plate for a goal = 2 yard pass 25 yards out followed by screamer. Neto has been worth every one of those assists.

wolfslair

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Pretty crude though. 40 yard run skinning the fullback to deliver the ball on a plate for a goal = 2 yard pass 25 yards out followed by screamer. Neto has been worth every one of those assists.
It isn’t perfect, but it does help show the quality work of so many players who wouldn’t get credit any other way.

Neto has been they key for us and him having measurable and accepted stats that show him currently as a league leader help us get the larger fees when it comes to sale time

wolvesaywe

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
From the little snippets I know about sancho, he has been battling badly with some actually far more severe mental health issues than reported and has actively been getting help and support according to a guy I know who is well placed at Utd.

The United manager is quite cold and from my contacts isn’t that good at supporting players with mental health issues and that is what has come to ahead.

It has actually caused a big split in their dressing room as it isn’t the first time he has thrown a player to the wolves in the media or in public when they are struggling and been honest with the club and people in the squad have lost faith that ragnik is the right man that they can play for.

It is felt a move to a supportive and caring environment will see him come right again after he settles in.
You've got more contacts than Specsavers

Back
Top Bottom