Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Would you take a City defeat?

Would you take defeat against City if you knew it was the end for Gaz?

• Are you mad? Call yourself a Wolves fan? That’s pathetic. Beat City.

Votes: 46 51.7%
  • Yep, I’d take a defeat.

Votes: 43 48.3%

• Total voters
T

TheConcourse

You know where it’s going. Hypothetical.

Lose against City, and Gaz is gone.

Or beat City and he gets another 6 games.

There’s no middle ground, that’s the hypothetical. I’m curious because in 35 years I’ve never wanted Wolves to lose, but I’d genuinely take it to get him out.

Have I gone mad?

Ches78

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
We're gona lose against City regardless, long gone are the days (and players & staff) where we'd stand a chance. So if we lose badly, rather than just losing, and it means we'd get shot of GON then I think it'd be a price worth paying (but I doubt much importance will be put on this game)...

Matt

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I don’t think it will be enough to force him out, but 100%. I’d even take a defeat against Villa to get him out. It’s for the greater good of the club, we are going to go down with this guy in charge.

SingYourHeartsOut

"Its less confusing with a smaller brain"
Reaction score
As a pure hypothetical, where we ride our luck and VAR gives us a ludicrous handball on 97 minutes for a jammy 1-0 win, then I'm taking that.

On the other hand, 5-0 down after an hour and he takes off Cunha for Hodge, Fabio chins him and Jeff comes down from the BW, puts his arm round him and they both walk out of the ground never to be seen again, sounds more likely and better for the long term.

sc91

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
It's City, I'd just forfeit the 6 points each season so we don't have to bother with the fixture.

That said, I've got £10 on over 6 goals and Haaland has been triple captained on my FPL, if Gaz Saunders leaves, it's the icing on the cake.

SevernWolf

Groupie
Reaction score
It's City, I'd just forfeit the 6 points each season so we don't have to bother with the fixture.

That said, I've got £10 on over 6 goals and Haaland has been triple captained on my FPL, if Gaz Saunders leaves, it's the icing on the cake.

We got 6 points from them not so long ago. (I know it isn't happening this year, before anyone starts)

T

TheConcourse

Pretty much split down the middle so far, which is interesting!

Mile End Wanderer

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
It’s a foregone conclusion anyway, Citeh will smash us

Forget the result!!

ONEIL IT’S TIME TO GO!!

TibbertonWolf

Groupie
Reaction score
I expect a loss but I would take that if we showed some kind of plan, effort and organisation to give some hope for future games.

Stourport wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I don’t think it will be enough to force him out, but 100%. I’d even take a defeat against Villa to get him out. It’s for the greater good of the club, we are going to go down with this guy in charge.

A defeat against Villa? I hate the ****s and I will be estastic if we beat them.

JonahWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I voted yes, anything to get him gone.
Problem is, that’s not how it will play out.
We know we’re going to get a tonking, everyone knows, including those upstairs, so it looks like he’ll get a free pass at this.

I think it’s the other option that’s more alarming though, the idea of a win guaranteeing him another 6 games. That unexpected 3 points in the bag would definitely not bring about a reduction in relegation threat.

I wonder how bad would it have to be for them to actually give him the boot after Saturday. Double figures? It’s possible.

Golden Arrow

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
A bit of a bizarre poll if you don't mind me saying so.
I mean, why on god's green earth would anyone in the Wolves world vote "yes".

I'm passionate about my club and would never, ever accept defeat before a ball is kicked !
When that day comes, I'll hand my ST back in and taken up knitting.

SingYourHeartsOut

"Its less confusing with a smaller brain"
Reaction score
Not wishing to get anyone's hopes up (as if I could) but my memory is that when we went and won 0-2 at the Etihad with Nuno's tactical masterclass, we were 22/1 for the win. So it wasn't as if anyone thought 'we've always got a chance'. This time we're 9/1, so virtually a shoo in. Not sure what the odds on a tactical masterclass are!

Wolf in the sun

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Been thinking this since the luton game, you know the veela will be well up for smoshing us after we beat them last season too
True, im not hopeful but if GON has any chance i feel he HAS to win this and win well

T

TheConcourse

I'm passionate about my club and would never, ever accept defeat before a ball is kicked !
It’s a conundrum. Never felt this way about Wolves before.

Adrian_Monk

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I would take a 10-0 humiliation if it meant getting rid of this absolute tit.

I'd take a 20-0 humbling if it meant Shi went as well.

However, the proviso would be if we replaced them with someone better. In most instances, that is a given because you'll struggle to encounter a worse Premier League manager than Gary O'Neill. With Fosun and Hobbs making the decisions though, it's almost guaranteed they'll balls it up even more, and besides, who in their right mind would want to work with these fools anyway?!

wolfslair

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I never want to see wolves lose! Regardless of my feelings about the manager and Jeff shi……

All I want to see on the weekend is them try hard and compete as best they can to the best of their abilities. If they do that against city, they still more than likely lose.

But there can always be a morale boosting aspect or something positive to take away in a loss against a great team like this city one, a loss against this type of team doesn’t always have to be a morale killer….. you learn as much about yourself in defeat as you do a victory, let’s never forget that!

So let’s lift the lads, hope they can lift themselves and take at least a few positives in the performance out of the game if we can’t take a result…….

Stourport wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
It’s a conundrum. Never felt this way about Wolves before.

Social media causes mass demonstrations, of people who never felt interested in the subject they are marching for, before they got indoctrinated by the Internet.
Wolves in Old Gold are what we have been brought up in. We have suffered many lows and highs, but we are always part of the Wolves family. Close your eyes and just imagine us beating Man City, it is a dream yes, but it is our dream. Keep strong and don't lose faith in our wonderful, special football club.

Last edited:

Rednal Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
We're going to get battered by City .I'd rather take a defeat and know he's going rather than a miracle point or 3 for him to remain here and get nothing from the next six games .
Stick with GON and we're down it's that simple . .

SteveBullsKnee

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

+1, I’m glad it’s not just me.

Skrilla

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I think the only team that losing to Man City would result in you getting sacked is probably Real Madrid. He's not going to be sacked when they gave him a three-year contract, at least not until November or December, whether you think that's right or wrong.

Back
Top Bottom