Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

EFL CUP Ipswich (A) comms thread.

CelebrityWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
People just can’t wait to stick the knife in can they.

Ignore the fact that it’s been an entertaining game. Ignore that we’ve got players playing who are going to be rusty due to not playing much. Ignore that we’re trying a new system and have had some good patterns of play.

Just lay into the manager because apparently he can’t even walk out of the tunnel without having the wrong body language.

Not a fan of GON but the comments on here the minute we concede are so so pathetic I have to wonder how some of these people get through their day to day lives.

Sussex Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Looked in complete control after the first goal, the second was deserved, but after they scored, we lost out composure again. This has been a problem for ages, and unless someone sorts it out, we’re going down. We need a proper captain to calm heads when it’s needed. An old problem that’s returned since Coady left.

Northampton_wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Not a fan of GON but the comments on here the minute we concede are so so pathetic I have to wonder how some of these people get through their day to day lives.
Agree to a point Gon can't do much about these goals. We look lacklustre in defence but probably with makeshift back line and all the changes.

Plus Bentley poor keeping doesn't help

OLDGOLD

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Decent start. Very poor last 20. B Traore the only player who looks as if he may challenge for a first team place (and even he looks like a red card waiting to happen).

Obviously it’s only one game but Santi Bueno giving a Emblen-esque debut so far. Hopefully he turns it around in a similar manner to Neil but he does look very, very slow.

Doyle has been neat and tidy but he isn’t going to be any better than a fourth choice midfielder this season.

If Enzo Gonzales isn’t Messi-esque, we still haven’t signed a player who improves our starting XI from last year (Bellegarde obviously looks half-decent but is still a downgrade on Nunes…as you’d expect for the respective prices).

Still a fairly damning indictment of our Summer though.
I agree on the whole except I think Bellegarde may end up looking better than sulky Nunes ultimately for us

Bostin

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

Honestly, I’ve had enough of reading it now. It’s beyond ridiculous.

I genuinely think people enjoy it when Wolves **** up because they get a chance to moan

Timberwolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
And you don't think being out for a year with a serious injury may be the reason for that, rather than him being useless? To me he looks exactly like a player returning from long term injury,lacking long term fitness, than a waste of space.
Yep, his first time ball to Hwang for the first goal wasn’t too shabby

Royal wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
People simply can’t wait to stick the boot in. They either don’t understand that every goal we concede isn’t down to the manager or they ignore it and blame him anyway.

Adrian_Monk

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
At least we can see how far we've come from having Lee Evans in our midfield......

Not great but I'm not going to join the lynch mob and lay into 0-Nil because he never should have been given the job in the first place

Super NES

Groupie
Reaction score
Hwang, Traore and H.Beuno looking sharp. The rest not so much - but a few in there who haven't played in a while either so probably to be expected.

Bentley should have done better for both goals in my opinion. Beaten at his near post for the first and should have got enough on the 2nd for him to save it.

Disappointed to be level given the positive 25 mins or so where we looked in control. The weak mentality after conceding one showing again.

Muscat

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I don't see how you can blame GON for that. Sent the players out to win the game, they did, then lost it with their weak mentality.

Bostin

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Well we did chuck a 2-0 lead within the space of 11 minutes with some keystone cops defending, so I'm not sure how you'd expect people to respond.

Accept it like adults? It’s a game of cup football and half of our team are rusty as hell.

Ipswich conceded 2 in the same amount of time. I wonder if their forum was in meltdown too?

MikeH68

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Decent start. Very poor last 20. B Traore the only player who looks as if he may challenge for a first team place (and even he looks like a red card waiting to happen).

Obviously it’s only one game but Santi Bueno giving a Emblen-esque debut so far. Hopefully he turns it around in a similar manner to Neil but he does look very, very slow.

Doyle has been neat and tidy but he isn’t going to be any better than a fourth choice midfielder this season.

If Enzo Gonzales isn’t Messi-esque, we still haven’t signed a player who improves our starting XI from last year (Bellegarde obviously looks half-decent but is still a downgrade on Nunes…as you’d expect for the respective prices).

Still a fairly damning indictment of our Summer though.
Bang on summary

Willenhall wanderer

Reaction score
Bentley definitely should have saved that 2nd goal right at him Championship keeper at best King is not even Championship level he is League 1 or 2.With Sa it is his distribution that is suspect but a much better shot stopper than Bentley or King we probably need a new keeper with Sa as backup

wolfslair

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
On reflection I agree
The lad hit it like a bloody bullet, it was the keeping of a guy who isn’t match sharp in fairness to him.

It was poor and he should do much better, but GK is a position all about form and getting your eye in. He hasn’t faced a shot in anger so he will make mistakes.

It is the cruel world of being a gk……

WV10Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I don't see how you can blame GON for that. Sent the players out to win the game, they did, then lost it with their weak mentality.
Wouldn’t removing their yellow streak fall under his remit?

Jefe

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Accept it like adults? It’s a game of cup football and half of our team are rusty as hell. Ipswich conceded 2 in the same amount of time. I wonder if their forum was in meltdown too?
Ipswich are playing their reserves as well, reserves who couldn't get into a side that up until recently was League One. Our lot have cost magnitudes more.

Westbakejazz

Reaction score

Ignore the fact that it’s been an entertaining game. Ignore that we’ve got players playing who are going to be rusty due to not playing much. Ignore that we’re trying a new system and have had some good patterns of play.

Just lay into the manager because apparently he can’t even walk out of the tunnel without having the wrong body language.
Ignore the fact that Ipswich have changed their team from the weekend by 10

Timberwolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
RAN does look better with a good military haircut

Chris H

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Looked in complete control after the first goal, the second was deserved, but after they scored, we lost out composure again. This has been a problem for ages, and unless someone sorts it out, we’re going down. We need a proper captain to calm heads when it’s needed. An old problem that’s returned since Coady left.
Yep, we’re so brittle confidence and composure wise.

Things are going well and we can be great, things go against us and we wilt time and time again.

Isn’t a new issue either as you say, even under Lopetegui when we seemed to be getting our **** together we still had a massive collapse in us and demonstrated it several times.

Could go as far as to say it’s the biggest thing that will define our season, not the manager, players abilities, tactics or anything like that but growing a back bone and stop pathetically collapsing under any sort of pressure or adversity.

sc91

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

Alright mate, he's not gonna **** you.

SingYourHeartsOut

"Its less confusing with a smaller brain"
Reaction score
I just watch football to be entertained. I tell you I can hardly wait to see those Man City players running rings round us at the weekend. Or maybe O'Neil will have a plan to out think Pep?

Bostin

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Ignore the fact that Ipswich have changed their team from the weekend by 10

So we should just steamroller them should we?

We could win 10-0 tonight and some would still say ‘well it’s only Ipswich’. ‘Championship is his level’.

Back
Top Bottom