Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Poll: GON by October? A temperature test. In, out, or on the fence?

In, out, or on the fence?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Oldgold Wolfcub

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Well the tactics rob showed today were ahead of our manager….. even before the red and a weaker squad he had GO on toast in the managerial head to head…….

Edwards has learned his trade and knows who he is as a manager. He is a much better manager than GO
Just asking your opinion after today would you really like the way his players looked for fouls, instigated a sending off, etc?

Evthewolf

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Poch took Spurs to a champions league final whilst O Neil was sacked by Bournemouth. There’s levels to this ****.
Okay, flip it around. If Poch had come here and made the same start, would we be baying for him to go or saying he needs more time?

wolfslair

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Just asking your opinion after today would you really like the way his players looked for fouls, instigated a sending off, etc?
You mean played to the referee?

Yes, it is an elite game where every inch matters. They won the game with the dark arts.

Elite sport is often a case of who cheats best, that ability to cheat, play the system is sometimes why some make it to the top level and others don’t.

NavyWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Whats the point in getting rid, it will just be last season all over again, just this time it will be Steve Davis for the rest of the season and not an experienced, elite level Spaniard to save us!
Who do we realistically think these clowns in charge have on the clubs list of managers they'd go to if this experiment fails?! Depressing to think who'd come in after O'Neil but I'm damned sure we wouldnt 'do a Brighton'!!!!!

Oldgold Wolfcub

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
You mean played to the referee?

Yes, it is an elite game where every inch matters. They won the game with the dark arts.

Elite sport is often a case of who cheats best, that ability to cheat, play the system is sometimes why some make it to the top level and others don’t.
Thanks for the reply.
I think it is sad though that so many referees get conned by these antics unless they really are biased.
It cannot help our players when they know they will not be getting the rub of the green.

Mel Eves on a bike

Reaction score
Whats the point in getting rid, it will just be last season all over again, just this time it will be Steve Davis for the rest of the season and not an experienced, elite level Spaniard to save us!
Who do we realistically think these clowns in charge have on the clubs list of managers they'd go to if this experiment fails?! Depressing to think who'd come in after O'Neil but I'm damned sure we wouldnt 'do a Brighton'!!!!!
We will wait until Xmas then panic and get Sam Allardyce in, get relegated and then approach Rob Edwards for the role.

wolfslair

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Thanks for the reply.
I think it is sad though that so many referees get conned by these antics unless they really are biased.
It cannot help our players when they know they will not be getting the rub of the green.
You asked a fair question mate, i was raised to do what it takes to win. Both my football and rugby academy taught us the little tricks to get that extra bit on our opposite player. Coming for crosses, I was taught to leave a foot out and if possible lead with a pointed elbow on the way down into their main strikers back/neck. In rugby at the scrum to have a pull/hold of the scrum half when he was by me at flanker to stop him getting to our 9. Let alone the ways to lay on/by the ball but get gone before the boots rained down on you lol.

It is very sad that so many refs get conned, but that is where competant VAR officials would help so much with that.

In rugby league and union, that kind of nonsense is less and less since TMO’s got involved. It still happens, but you have to almost be a wizard of dark arts to get away with it now hahaha

CelebrityWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Would be out for me. He hasn't been given much time and he isn't as clueless as some morons are making out but we should be aiming for better. Sadly we don't have the money to make that happen.

Oldgold Wolfcub

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
You asked a fair question mate, i was raised to do what it takes to win. Both my football and rugby academy taught us the little tricks to get that extra bit on our opposite player. Coming for crosses, I was taught to leave a foot out and if possible lead with a pointed elbow on the way down into their main strikers back/neck. In rugby at the scrum to have a pull/hold of the scrum half when he was by me at flanker to stop him getting to our 9. Let alone the ways to lay on/by the ball but get gone before the boots rained down on you lol.

It is very sad that so many refs get conned, but that is where competant VAR officials would help so much with that.

In rugby league and union, that kind of nonsense is less and less since TMO’s got involved. It still happens, but you have to almost be a wizard of dark arts to get away with it now hahaha
As far as Rugby goes I only got as far as the songs and even that was pretty scary but was obligatory when signing up to the University of Club 18-30.And I'll tell you some of those girls knew all the tricks you have mentioned above. o_O

Scallywolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
OUT. Should never have been hired in the first place.
So that will another £10’s of million pay off for GO and his staff on top of the £10’s of millions for JL and his staff.

We’ve spent more on getting rid of managers and their crew than bloody players!

I’m on the fence with this one, until we have played10 games. Current signs are not good at all, but I am prepared to give him 4 more games.

At the end of the day, we are talking about a recruitment set up that was close to appointing Michael Beale, appointed an elite manager who lasted 9 months and appointed a rookie manager and assistants within a week of the season staring. If GO goes anytime soon, we will be a laughing stock imo. And who, pray tell is available to replace him and who, pray tell would want to come here? Oh, I forgot, Big Sam, Frank Lampard Dean Smith are available. Oh, and John Terry is after his first managerial job as well!

I genuinely fear for us, not just because our form is poor, but there seems to be an agenda with so many poor decisions going against us. And we are only 6 games into the season!

tamwolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
He was a poor appointment. Even if he was going to be able to turn it round in the long term, he was never going to given the time to do it by most people given the situation and optics around his appointment.

I think there is a strong argument to get rid of him now if there is a proven manager available. Our performance today was awful and we were playing against possibly the worst Premier League team since Derby. We don't really have any prior evidence he can improve on this, so continuing with him now is a huge gamble.

wolfslair

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
So that will another £10’s of million pay off for GO and his staff on top of the £10’s of millions for JL and his staff.

We’ve spent more on getting rid of managers and their crew than bloody players!

I’m on the fence with this one, until we have played10 games. Current signs are not good at all, but I am prepared to give him 4 more games.

At the end of the day, we are talking about a recruitment set up that was close to appointing Michael Beale, appointed an elite manager who lasted 9 months and appointed a rookie manager and assistants within a week of the season staring. If GO goes anytime soon, we will be a laughing stock imo. And who, pray tell is available to replace him and who, pray tell would want to come here? Oh, I forgot, Big Sam, Frank Lampard Dean Smith are available. Oh, and John Terry is after his first managerial job as well!

I genuinely fear for us, not just because our form is poor, but there seems to be an agenda with so many poor decisions going against us. And we are only 6 games into the season!
There will be a break clause and he isn’t on a fraction of the JL salary. It won’t cost a fraction of what you have said to sack him.

Mugwump

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
The job is too big for him but he needs to be given more time.

He really doesnt. He's abysmal. We have got worse and worse every week. I think its crystal clear our United performance, our most complete 90 min performance of the season, was more down to Lopetegui's preperation than this bloke.

Jefe

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
My guess is Fosun would go cap in hand to Mendes for an available client, and mysteriously find a £75m+ kitty for him to spend in January.
Which would be rather embarrassing, for multiple reasons.

JonahWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
What about first half vs Liverpool that was only last week?
Yes, it looked good. On further reflection though, we were going hell for leather, pressing like maniacs, and yes, creating a number of opportunities, so could have got to half-time with a decent lead with better finishing.
However, that left our midfield gassed.
Klopp made personnel and shape changes for the 2nd half, that O’Neil had no answer to.
They may or may not have been ‘conserving’ in the first half, what with Klopp’s constant moaning about Saturday early kickoffs and their multiple South American players.
Can’t prove that, so will give the benefit of the doubt, but what is absolutely certain, is if your game plan is to outwork Liverpool for 90+ mins (that famed, super-fit, geggenpressing, accusations of PEDs, trophy winning side), while ignoring any tactical tweaks by them, then it’s not a very good plan.

wwbug

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Really? If a team is consistently playing badly, I can’t think of any manager who keeps their job based on the fact they won the FA cup 10 years ago.
I think your attempt to draw parallels between Pottechino and O’Neil says a lot about your state of independence .

Bill McCai

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
If anybody has read the new book by Johnny Phillips and Paul Berry - the only time recently when we have been good is when Nuno was allowed to bring his staff in and take over Compton. The other time was when Julen Lopetegui came in and took over Compton. The club know what they are doing now is not right, but for some reason they are carrying on regardless.

I get it - if you are seen as anti GoN you are anti Wolves. But I think most people understand - nobody dislikes GoN - we dislike the fact he is the best we feel we can do. It is depressing, and our only aim is to stop up. Bloody hell.

CJWolf

Reaction score
Personally I don't think he's done a whole lot wrong in terms of tactics and set-ups etc... A few mistakes but all managers make them so I can accept that - especially at the start of a stint at a new club where he didn't get a pre-season and there's been a lot of changes.

The thing that has caused me vote that I want him out is more to do with his interviews. As others have mentioned, he seems to be of the ilk that will take the credit when things go well, but dish out the blame and responsibility to others when things go badly. This is the exact opposite of what a good leader does in my opinion... Think back to Nuno and how he would refuse to take the manager of the month awards alone, but get his whole team included in the picture. I don't remember him ever shying away from any blame on the occasions when things went wrong either.

Right now he's the first manager we've had in a long time where I genuinely have no interest in what he has to say pre or post match. Hopefully that's just me though, and thankfully I don't work or play for him xD

Howler

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
It's way too early to make the call and our draw has been littered with bogey sides to start the season. The only league match we've been favourite for by the bookies was today and 11 v 11 we probably would have ended up getting the job done even after that pathetic opening half an hour or so.

It will be much more effective applying heat to Fosun over Hobbs/O'Neil/the players.....the last 3 are not the reason we are in the predicament we are in.

Evthewolf

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
I think your attempt to draw parallels between Pottechino and O’Neil says a lot about your state of independence .
I can’t see how you can deduce anything about my state of independence based on that. You’ll have to explain, how you’ve reached that conclusion.

StaffordWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Just get rid now. Fairly clear to see that they might as well have saved a few more Bob and give it Steve Davis again.

wwbug

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I can’t see how you can deduce anything about my state of independence based on that. You’ll have to explain, how you’ve reached that conclusion.
Read your last few posts on this thread. It’s clear.

Ned

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Well the tactics rob showed today were ahead of our manager….. even before the red and a weaker squad he had GO on toast in the managerial head to head…….

Edwards has learned his trade and knows who he is as a manager. He is a much better manager than GO
I think this is a little harsh. GON did change formation and system after 25mins of confusion and rubbish. It did the trick in that it stemmed the tide and I fully believe we would have taken control of that game had Bellegarde not been naive. But… we were playing Luton and there shouldn’t have really been a tide to stem - other teams play the “weaker” sides and manage to not get drawn into scrappy, league one level games; we’ve got a 100% strike rate for being drawn in to these games, sadly.

wolfslair

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I think this is a little harsh. GON did change formation and system after 25mins of confusion and rubbish. It did the trick in that it stemmed the tide and I fully believe we would have taken control of that game had Bellegarde not been naive. But… we were playing Luton and there shouldn’t have really been a tide to stem - other teams play the “weaker” sides and manage to not get drawn into scrappy, league one level games; we’ve got a 100% strike rate for being drawn in to these games, sadly.
Even with 10 men GO was steps behind, taking off Cunha for B.Traore was pathetic.

Even after he made the tweaks, ask yourself honestly, how long did we hold parity/gain ascendancy for before they took it back.

It wasn’t long at all.

Jd132

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
100% in. The fact this is even being talked about is a joke.

We've played six games including Man U, Brighton and Liverpool (all part of the top six last season).

We've also played with 10 men for most of the game today.

Give the guy a chance and support him!
Gary, how much is your payoff you get when you are sacked? Is that why you aren't walking? Because you must know you aren't doing a good job, right?

Rugrats

Reaction score
I simply can't find any anger in me towards GON.
It was destined to be a car crash from the minute he was appointed, but that's on the hierarchy at the club, not GON!
I'm sorry to say it, but nothings gonna change at the club whilst Fosun are at the reigns!
Anybody who still thinks we have no relegation worries needs to get with the programme, real quick, otherwise there's likely to be one hell of a shock coming on the horizon!
There are three worse sides, that’s the strategy this season clearly.

VancouverWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
This is t

Well, he couldn't have had them very fit for Seville last year, with their worst start in their La Liga history.
He must be looking at his bank account, laughing his *******s off at some posts on here.
He never wanted to be at Wolves.. We have 2 different accounts of what was promised. Blindly believing one of the most controversial and problematic managers over the last 10 years is beyond me.
He didn't care about Wolves and he doesn't care about Wolves. As soon as he did his interviews on TV he was out, he knew that, that is why he did it. It was calculated and all about Lopetegui.
You must remember that to some he’s Saint Julian and he’s was deliberately wronged by Jeff.

sedgwolf1980

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Surprised how little it’s been mentioned but just a few weeks ago we played Luton off the park and let then somehow escape with a 0-0.

The decline in our performances since then is solely down to one factor, a change in management team.

Criminal we are in this position.

Back
Top Bottom