Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Just bring Nuno back!!

SuperGran

Off with her head!
Reaction score
Ive said that multiple times and got accused of lying. It was the 250k he paid to charity. Fosun were furious and decided to sack him then
The relationship between him and shi broke down over that, he would only come back if Jeff left

Ned

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
If prioritising staying in the league is the new normal then Nuno would very much guarantee that. The last season was drab but to finish 14th on 45 points after the Raul injury and with only really Fabio as a forward was actually an overlooked achievement. Losing Jota had a huge impact too.

Golden Arrow

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
The relationship between him and shi broke down over that, he would only come back if Jeff left
How sad its got to this where we're discussing a previous incumbent when we're only a handful of games into the new season.

Personally, I don't think he'd ever contemplate a return unless he was assured of the financial support he received when he first came to the club. I mean, would you give up a nice pay cheque in the sun to come back and take a risk with what is fast becomimg a mediocre PL side with potentially one eye on the drop.

Adrian_Monk

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I thought we wanted to get away from using Mendes?
We want the chairman to stop using Mendes as a 'Director of Football', because it is insane, lazy, and a conflict of interest.

Using Mendes isn't the problem. Jeff using Mendes is the problem, because you could substitute Mendes for any agent and the problem remains.

As others have said, having Nuno back is a pipe dream at the moment. The idea that new owners will clear the decks, get rid of the national league coaching structure and restore Nuno to the helm is so far off it hurts.

SuperGran

Off with her head!
Reaction score
Why would Jeff not be happy or proud with what Nuno did when he gave 250k to the struggling people of wolverhampton? It's an incredible thing he did. A fantastic human being.
The relationship broke down before that. I never said they were unhappy with it they themselves donated loads during covid
They fell out over money owed to nuno

WickedWolfie

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
The relationship broke down before that. I never said they were unhappy with it they themselves donated loads during covid
They fell out over money owed to nuno
Hmmm.... That rather reads as if Mr Shi was reneging on promises.... But many on here seem to utterly believe in his scrupulous honesty..... particularly when it comes to commitments to managers...

Last edited:

oldgoldheart

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Why would Jeff not be happy or proud with what Nuno did when he gave 250k to the struggling people of wolverhampton? It's an incredible thing he did. A fantastic human being.
It was because they argued over the 250k. When nuno “won” he gave it away. Thats what did for him

steve vena

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I'll be glad when fosun go. Whenever it maybe .
With proper football people in. We shouldn't be in this mess.

RichB

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Wasn’t there a rumour that Nuno was willing to buy himself out of his contract in Saudi prior to us appointing JLO?

I’m sure I read something like that (probably in here though)

Perton Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
With our financial constraints now, Nuno would have us set up even more negatively and defensively than in his last covid season.

Would not be a pretty sight. Plus, you aren't going to attract a half decent coach while FOSUN are still here, they've pulled all investment, why do you think they lost Lop?

We're stuffed in terms of managerial options until they sell up and **** off. In the meantime though, season ticket holders can expect an ever increasing premium attached to their season tickets for an ever diminishing product.

Westbakejazz

Reaction score
With our financial constraints now, Nuno would have us set up even more negatively and defensively than in his last covid season.

Would not be a pretty sight. Plus, you aren't going to attract a half decent coach while FOSUN are still here, they've pulled all investment, why do you think they lost Lop?

We're stuffed in terms of managerial options until they sell up and **** off. In the meantime though, season ticket holders can expect an ever increasing premium attached to their season tickets for an ever diminishing product.
Your posts are normally stuff I agree with, but saying Nuno coming back and his football wouldn’t be a pretty sight. Well from my point of view it’s pretty rank and turgid now

Last edited:

Fenrir_

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

It was nothing to do with financial constraints though, it was to do with a total dearth of options due to having a tiny squad and a massive injury list. We have a decent sized squad now

Adrian_Monk

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Nuno could offer to manage us for free and Shi would still appoint Megson or Parkinson or some other ridiculously unsuitable name, just purely to spite the legacy fans

bigwolf

Reaction score

Spitfire

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
What a time to be alive.

I do wonder if we - the fans - will ever have a connection like that again with another manager.

A part of me has fallen out of love with Wolves since they sacked Nuno

You and l both. You watch that video and he looks distraught.

It's the one and only time in my life so l doubt it sadly.
Certainly doesn’t seem the same since he left does it. :(

maws

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I don't think we could afford him any more, especially as the Saudis wouldn't want to let him go.

It was a terrible mistake letting him go in the first place. Very few of the fans wanted it, and it turned the crisis of Raul's injury into a complete disaster that we still haven't been able to recover from.
This is so true, we were just picking up form when Raul got injured, it’s never ever been the same since. He really was so under appreciated, only Bully better than him in my time of nearly 40 years

Hot Fuss

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Things were unraveling well before Nuno left. He’s a football coach, not a magician.

The idea that things fell apart when he left is nonsense.

Had 2 years of a small but very talented squad, that avoided injuries and was good at sitting in shape and counter attacking.

If he came back tomorrow we’d still have all the same problems we have today.

Personally think he left at the right time, protects his legacy. Any idea that he’d come back and get this squad challenging for Europe is romantic rubbish.

SuperGran

Off with her head!
Reaction score
Things were unraveling well before Nuno left. He’s a football coach, not a magician.

The idea that things fell apart when he left is nonsense.

Had 2 years of a small but very talented squad, that avoided injuries and was good at sitting in shape and counter attacking.

If he came back tomorrow we’d still have all the same problems we have today.

Personally think he left at the right time, protects his legacy. Any idea that he’d come back and get this squad challenging for Europe is romantic rubbish.
next you’ll say Santa doesn’t exist :(

Alex Rae The Substitute

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
We all thought at the time that Nuno would create a ten year dynasty. I pinch myself when I think about how it was back then. Would love to see him roll into town and take us back where we were only three years ago.

Ah well, as they say, dreaming is for free…..

It’s why I’m so pleased me and my mate that sit together constantly during that period said to one another “savour this, these are the good times”. We were so right.

Contrarian

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
But you shouldn’t go back…. Ever…. It’s never the same
Moyes went back to West Ham. As a general rule, it's true. But there are exceptions. And even if he did return and it didn't work out, it wouldn't be any worse than the alternatives we've seen since.

It is very much the exception for a manager to a leave a club on a high note. Nuno is the only one of ours I can think of that didn't get sacked for poor results. Well, and Lopetegui now, too. There's another story in there somewhere, of owners who appear to have a fear of successful managers.

Back
Top Bottom