Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Does Matt Hobbs and cohorts read the Mix?

Topcat

Groupie
Reaction score
I know they probably don’t?!

But perhaps they do to gauge opinion to shape their decision making moving forward, chances are they don’t but you never know?

Us fans surely act as a barometer to influence a few key factors moving forward?!

Sussex Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
We know that people in the club do read what’s on here. It’s been noted loads of times in the past. Whether Hobbs does, I doubt it, but I imagine he might get a flavour of what’s being talked about on here and social media in general from those who do.

WickedWolfie

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
We know that people in the club do read what’s on here. It’s been noted loads of times in the past. Whether Hobbs does, I doubt it, but I imagine he might get a flavour of what’s being talked about on here and social media in general from those who do.
If his massive gamble with journeyman non-entity backroom staff fails Hobbs should know that his neck is right on the line.

MasWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I have heard they do, but if they read what was said about GON before appointing him, they'd have U turned straight away.

Wonder Boyo

Yma O Hyd
Reaction score
Well that was that infamous (and authentic) photo of Jeff Shi reading Molineux Mix on his phone at a game. So, think it's fair to say that Jeff does (unless he's given it up for the sake of his mental health) and probably quite a few others. Think on the football side they would try to avoid social media as much as possible and they are probably right to do so.

Agent Cooper

Reaction score
They would be stupid if they dont have people reviewing forums and other social media. Skill is taking out the extremist views either side and getting a balanced picture.
Correct. It would be mad to ignore, but we don't know how serious the views on here are taken or if we are just seen as pesky irritating "legacy fans". If they do take the temperature on here, as you say, the key is filtering out the extreme views whilst taking note of those with an objective balanced posting track record.

WickedWolfie

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Correct. It would be mad to ignore, but we don't know how serious the views on here are taken or if we are just seen as pesky irritating "legacy fans". If they do take the temperature on here, as you say, the key is filtering out the extreme views whilst taking note of those with an objective balanced posting track record.
While in principle l agree there may be times when "the extreme views" best reflect the current actual mood.

Dorbelflunk

Reaction score
It must be tempting to look up your rating after a game. I bet most at least know of its existence and a couple wouldn't be able to stay away.

I remember after Nuno was pushed out it felt like half the people here were saying "now look what you've done, he only went and thought you actually meant it".

Bill S Preston Esq.

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
They would be stupid if they dont have people reviewing forums and other social media. Skill is taking out the extremist views either side and getting a balanced picture.
Trouble is, there isn't much balance online. You really couldn't do much worse than gauge opinion from social media.

KBWWFC

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

But perhaps they do to gauge opinion to shape their decision making moving forward, chances are they don’t but you never know?

Us fans surely act as a barometer to influence a few key factors moving forward?!

Hobbs doesn't have time, too busy tapping up our next signing down at the local pitch and putt.

Urko

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
If they do. I’ll keep short and sweet why don’t you go and **** off

Bugsy911

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
The post prior to GON being appointed was 90% against so that's possibly a worse backlash than when Bruce almost got the job.

I don't know anyone who wanted him and can only.see himmbeing sacked by Christmas, totally the wrong appointment on all levels and the fans will quickly lose patience if this losing run alongside dire football and in game tactics continues.

The club must have been aware of this sentiment and how a lot of us are feeling now.

SteveBullsKnee

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

Fosun have made numerous mistakes but the biggest by far would be to listen to fans on anything on the pitch. As fans we are far too partisan and don’t look at things objectively.

Glow69

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Probably read it when half the forum wanted Nuno to go now begging for a return...turned out well that one.

WickedWolfie

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Probably read it when half the forum wanted Nuno to go now begging for a return...turned out well that one.
It was never half. A smaller number posting a lot.

In fact wasn't there a poll where the vast majority (around 75% comes to mind) voted that they wanted him to stay.

northnorfolkwolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I've often wondered if Wolves management, even players, take part in discussions on here; how would we ever know?

wwbug

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I am sure the feeling is we dont understand their remit. Which is to do the minimum to avoid relegation.

Bawtry Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I believe that Morgan and Moxey changed their mind on appointing Bruce due to the social media response after mick was sacked.

Not a great appointment I would grant you but way better than their next three appointments and the present incumbent.

The more I look at my 50 years of watching Wolves we have probably made 5 competent appointments who took the club forward from where they were, 3 fairly competent who at least enabled us to stand still and the rest (and there are a lot) were different degrees of **** that damaged the club to various degrees and set us backwards.

Jamwolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Hobbs can read the Mix, but he mustn't tell GON.

North West Wanderer

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I have heard they do, but if they read what was said about GON before appointing him, they'd have U turned straight away.
they should never do that based on the partisan, extreme and over the top opinions on here sometimes. that would be suicidal!

North West Wanderer

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
we know for a fact that they read the mix. a few of us went to a forum with Shi in Fosun’s early days, and it was very apparent how much it was read!!
Dalrymple from memory was writing down user names at one point iirc!

VancouverWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
There are a few people paid to cover social media opinion and report back a few times a month with a gist of the current climate.
Of course…..every big business keeps an eye on social platforms theses days.

Watching for how marketing is or not working,

keeping an eye out for defamation

threats, from environmentalists, boycotts etc

overall perception of company.

Back
Top Bottom