Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Just bring Nuno back!!

Bend It Like Dennison

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
LOL. As much as I would love that my question is slightly more eloquent than the title of my post would sugggest.

Very much on the fence with GON as concerning as yesterday was, but my question is do you think the greatest Wolves manager we have had in the last 50 years would get a better tune out of this current rabble?? What team do we think he’d select from the current squad??

Or did he become our greatest manager in the last 50 years because he had prime Raul, Mouts, Neves, Jonny, Jota, Adama etc and an interested Fosun at his disposal??

Discuss…

Contrarian

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
He did have a great group of players, but also got the best out of middle range championships players such as Coady, Doc, Bennett they all brought in to his way.

Sadly I dont think its as easy to bring him back now with the players we have.
Also got the best any manager has got out of Traore.

SevernWolf

Groupie
Reaction score
I don't think we could afford him any more, especially as the Saudis wouldn't want to let him go.

It was a terrible mistake letting him go in the first place. Very few of the fans wanted it, and it turned the crisis of Raul's injury into a complete disaster that we still haven't been able to recover from.

VancouverWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
It would probably take Nuno 3 or 4 games to figure out the players same as Gary.

wolfslair

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I don't think we could afford him any more, especially as the Saudis wouldn't want to let him go.

It was a terrible mistake letting him go in the first place. Very few of the fans wanted it, and it turned the crisis of Raul's injury into a complete disaster that we still haven't been able to recover from.
The power struggle with benzema might facilitate that!

Oldgold Wolfcub

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
"Wolves fans had a dream....."

Hope that those who wanted him gone despite being warned to be careful what they wished for are happy....
Nuno cam to us after Jlo turned us doen to join a lesser football entity. :tonguewink:After that the manager carousel was an amateur joke. So Nuno arrived with a present of dosh to spend and a project to dream of. Nuno answered the call and the upward curve was now in full flight. We sat back and luxuriated in that and then ............crash. Nuno now the love child of Wolverhampton woke up and reealised the truth had ended the dream.
it would be imo a massive hurdle to climb for him to come back and recreate that upward curve and would do him no good to continue a downward spiral.
Fresh thinking is needed at the top. Fresh flowers needed to be sewn.
Leave us to savour the Nuno regime.

WickedWolfie

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
None of this was the fans' fault, regardless of what their opinion was.
Fault? No, of course not, because they were not part of the decision making. I believe, and l may be wrong, that l read that the unrepresentative social media BS was a factor though. I suspect the scenes at Molineux at Nuno's last game shook Shi rigid.

Ned

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I was against this idea and I hope we won’t have to have this conversation again because GON turns it round and does an amazing job.

However…

If it goes how we kind of expect it to go then Nuno would be THE best manager who we could get with the budget and size of the club under our current owners. There will be no Lopeteguis coming in.

QB Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Are we expecting Nuno to leave Al Ittihad who are 3rd with Benzama and Kante et al, having bid £130m for Salah and we think he’ll just upsticks and mosey on in for a relegation battle, is that a pig overhead?

Oldgold Wolfcub

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I was against this idea and I hope we won’t have to have this conversation again because GON turns it round and does an amazing job.

However…

If it goes how we kind of expect it to go then Nuno would be THE best manager who we could get with the budget and size of the club under our current owners. There will be no Lopeteguis coming in.
If we were constrained financially I would like us to consider some up and coming managers as has been suggested such as the Plymouth and Ipswich managers.

Reactions: Ned
Back
Top Bottom