Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Palace verdict

Bankswolf The Third

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
The mentality is frightening. That’s a real concern
Additionally playing Sarabia as a winger does not work. Stop it he did really well behind the striker and moving him killed him
Happy for Hwang in proving the doubters wrong
More importantly we have a week off!!!

WickedWolfie

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I must admit I was in the “life after Neves” club but we really miss his quality and leadership in the middle.
Methinks it is a classic case for some of "don't it always seem to go that you don't know what you had 'til it's gone".....

• Haha
Reactions: Ned

WickedWolfie

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Palace have confirmed that it was of a racial nature and that The Met, Prem and FA were immediately informed.

Hope our player whoever it was is feeling alright and I imagine Palace will like us with the Chelsea fine, get a fine of some kind.
****ing lunacy when you look at the Palace team/squad. Mind you we have had some too....

Flaneur

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Watching the highlights again

Not wishing to join the Semedo bash brigade but where the **** was he for their first?
RAN beaten too easily for the second. Too much time and space afforded in midfield for the third and allowed Edouard too much time.

Should not have lost that game .
Dawson the issue there for me, look at his positioning - Why is he being so aggressive & stepping out so high when he doesn't have the pace to recover?? He did the same against Brighton, and it cost us a couple of goals that day too...

Not saying Semedo & Kilman are faultless, but without Dawson stepping out that cross just gets cleared imo:

1693775402833.png
1693775444618.png

goldeneyed

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Powder puff defending and a deserved loss. I am hoping Santiago can bring some badly needed steel into the back line.
Sasa has to start next time-this team is going nowhere without a CF focus to their attacks. Cunha and Neto up front with him.
From now on we need three CBs at the back, Lemina screening them. Lets Ait Nouri and Doc have more scope to attack. Playing four at the back will see Liverpool and Man City getting a minimum of three goals apiece, perhaps more.

Fabio you are wasting your run in the team and will be dumped asap at this rate. He is not a target man, he is not really a No.10. Perhaps in a two up front with Sasa? Bellegarde will be needed sooner than he might have expected to offer some drive from midfield.

We will lose v Liverpool and Man City presumably and Luton away now looks a hard one if we go on being so weak in defence. All pointing to bottom two for the foreseeable future. If we lose against Luton people will be calling for O'Neill's head. Three year contract? Hobbs what were you thinking? Predictions of a crisis by Christmas and a new manager being appointed could easily be fulfilled at this rate. The new boys have to hit the ground running and make a difference to save O'Neil's job and our season.

Westbakejazz

Reaction score
The classic Selhurst Park performance. Lose without them having to play remotely well. Get back into the game and give them the impetus. It's just so predictable, and we all know we'll go to Luton and do the same.

The lack of midfielder runners is killing us time after time and we never do a single thing about it. You watch now out of habit. The enjoyment is non existent.
Your last eleven words are brilliant

wolfinaguernsey

Reaction score
Has anyone else noticed how they don’t seem to care when doing the shooting drill before the game ?? God help us if Lemina gets a chance in front of goal !

Scallywolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I just hope Bellegarde is a ball carrying, creative midfield player, because we bloody well need one.

We have no one who can pick a pass, do something different in the opposition half, get bums off seats and create something. Neto is our only player who gives me any hope when he has the ball, but who else have we got?

Look at Eze today He looked dangerous every time he got the ball. A player like him would make all the difference to us imo. Mind you, we would probably sell him at the first opportunity!

What we have is a combative, hard working set of players, with no finesse and we’re boring. We lack creativity and it really showed today.

Nunes could have been that player imo, but the least said about him the better!

Corporal Hicks

Groupie
Reaction score
March 2024:
R Wolves.

Owners can’t expect to run a club in this way and have ambitions of staying in the Premier League, simply doesn’t happen.

My only hope is that we’re bought out sooner rather than later and that Lop is hanging around and can come back and perform another miracle.

What a waste of an opportunity.

Ercall Wolves

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Managers can win and lose you games with their substitutions.

Unfortunately our rookie manager lost us this game with his today.
Have to agree I’m afraid his subs swang the game in their favour

Ercall Wolves

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Thought we did alright first half, although with the usual incompetence in the final third of the pitch.

Second half we were absolutely awful, pretty much all over the pitch. We have to switch to a back three imo, we don’t have the players to play the way we seem to want to play under the last three managers now - having possession, passing it around the back etc.

6 - Sa - Made some good saves, almost cost us a goal first half though

5 - Semedo - Offers absolutely nothing going forward
5 - Dawson - Too slow for a back 4
3 - Kilman - As above, really poor day at the office for Kilman who could have done better for all three goals. Way better in a back three
4 - RAN - Really poor today I thought

6 - Lemina - Not his usual standard, but not bad either
5 - Gomes - Probably the worst I’ve seen him play

6 - Neto - Don’t think he had a great game tbh, but put in two great deliveries for the goals. 3 assists this season now, one of the few positives
5 - Cunha - One of his poorest performances for us imo, but took his goal well
2 - Sarabia - Completely anonymous
3 - Fabio - Did absolutely nothing
Not sure how you can give Gomes a 5 thought he played well today along with Lemina

those were the days

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Powder puff defending and a deserved loss. I am hoping Santiago can bring some badly needed steel into the back line.
Sasa has to start next time-this team is going nowhere without a CF focus to their attacks. Cunha and Neto up front with him.
From now on we need three CBs at the back, Lemina screening them. Lets Ait Nouri and Doc have more scope to attack. Playing four at the back will see Liverpool and Man City getting a minimum of three goals apiece, perhaps more.

Fabio you are wasting your run in the team and will be dumped asap at this rate. He is not a target man, he is not really a No.10. Perhaps in a two up front with Sasa? Bellegarde will be needed sooner than he might have expected to offer some drive from midfield.

We will lose v Liverpool and Man City presumably and Luton away now looks a hard one if we go on being so weak in defence. All pointing to bottom two for the foreseeable future. If we lose against Luton people will be calling for O'Neill's head. Three year contract? Hobbs what were you thinking? Predictions of a crisis by Christmas and a new manager being appointed could easily be fulfilled at this rate. The new boys have to hit the ground running and make a difference to save O'Neil's job and our season.
Far too open defensively. I’d be going with three CBs away from home, playing a deeper defensive line and opting for RAN and Doc as wing-backs too.

Leaves 15+ players to fill 5 remaining positions. For me, a Gomes-Lemina double-pivot with Cunha and Bellegarde linking midfield and attack is probably the way to go with Sasa up top.

We need to set ourselves up not to concede and play on the counter imo

Ercall Wolves

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Didn't he bring on Hwang and Sasa, or would other subs maybe have scored 4?
Yes he did and Traore one of the subs cost us the second goal by giving a needless free kick away on the edge of our box
And what subs would have had to score 4 goals He brought on Hwang and Traore on when it was one a piece
Obvious you wasnt at the game with comments like that

JOSWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
But according to gon we have improved from three weeks ago.

"It will be difficult for other people to see this today, of course, because it just goes down to a 3-2 defeat away to Crystal Palace but big strides have been made from the team that I saw and was working with three weeks ago to where they were today."

Laughable comments by an out of his depth head coach. He is taking the ****.

Premier Quality

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Dawson the issue there for me, look at his positioning - Why is he being so aggressive & stepping out so high when he doesn't have the pace to recover?? He did the same against Brighton, and it cost us a couple of goals that day too...

Not saying Semedo & Kilman are faultless, but without Dawson stepping out that cross just gets cleared imo:

View attachment 37019
View attachment 37020
He’s got to be dropped for me - Kilman was really poor today (3rd goal especially), but so many goals come Dawsons side because he’s nowhere to be seen, so kilmans trying to cover both sides. Hopefully santi bueno can start our next game.

I’ve been a big supporter of Fabio too, but he needs to pull his finger out, he was poor today.

I do feel a bit for Semedo though, the booking was a shocking piece of refereeing and meant he had to be cautious for the rest of the game - and that’s not easy when you’re trying to do Dawsons job for him too….

Flaneur

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

"It will be difficult for other people to see this today, of course, because it just goes down to a 3-2 defeat away to Crystal Palace but big strides have been made from the team that I saw and was working with three weeks ago to where they were today."
The team looked cohesive & played with a purpose vs Rennes & Utd, since then it almost feels like the more he's worked with them the worse we've got...

Early days & don't want to call for his head when he's not even had a proper chance at integrating the new signings, but things don't look great at present unfortunately

Flaneur

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
He’s got to be dropped for me - Kilman was really poor today (3rd goal especially), but so many goals come Dawsons side because he’s nowhere to be seen, so kilmans trying to cover both sides. Hopefully santi bueno can start our next game.

I’ve been a big supporter of Fabio too, but he needs to pull his finger out, he was poor today.

I do feel a bit for Semedo though, the booking was a shocking piece of refereeing and meant he had to be cautious for the rest of the game - and that’s not easy when you’re trying to do Dawsons job for him too….
I can't understand the reason he's stepping out constantly like he is - If he's doing it from instruction, then god help us

Second goal vs Brighton, he steps out on his opposite side to man mark Enciso, then is scrambling back for the goal nowhere to be seen as he doesn't have the pace to recover:
1693778938365.png
1693778981265.png

Similar situation for the 4th, steps out and across for some reason & then is scrambling back for the goal where March gets an easy tap in
1693779159312.png
1693779167961.png

Again, Dawson isn't the ONLY one at fault, but I just don't understand why he's constantly doing this when he doesn't have the pace to recover from these situations

Last edited:

Madmalc

Reaction score
Since we've been back in the Premier, our record against Crystal Palace at Palace is won one, drew one, lost 4. The last 4 times we've played them at Palace we've lost, some were worse than today's.

No point in blaming a manager who has only been in charge for 3 games for today's loss. No point in blaming any one player in today's team for today's result.

Credit to both the manager and the team for fighting until the final whistle.

All the body language experts , please explain how if the team had let their heads drop, they managed to score a goal in the dying minutes.

WickedWolfie

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Since we've been back in the Premier, our record against Crystal Palace at Palace is won one, drew one, lost 4. The last 4 times we've played them at Palace we've lost, some were worse than today's.

No point in blaming a manager who has only been in charge for 3 games for today's loss. No point in blaming any one player in today's team for today's result.

Credit to both the manager and the team for fighting until the final whistle.

All the body language experts , please explain how if the team had let their heads drop, they managed to score a goal in the dying minutes.
Is anything ever going to be his fault in your view????

SingYourHeartsOut

"Its less confusing with a smaller brain"
Reaction score

Thing is although we knew pace was his biggest weakness and some people were saying his legs had gone in pre-season, he was also key to our survival last season. He knows what he can and can't do, so why is he now trying to win balls in high positions where he knows his lack of pace will be exposed, got to be acting under instruction surely?

Rednal Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Semedo for the first goal ........abysmal
Kilman is not a captain
No leaders on the pitch
Let's hope the signings make a difference
Going to be a long hard chappy season season , I doubt GON will see Christmas at Wolves

Asthmatic Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I personally thought he and Lemina worked hard and got stuck in.. but were unfortunately so wasteful with the ball and that it invited a lot of pressure onto us.
Thought they played well until ran out of gas but we were basically playing a 4-2-4 lol only so much they could do and no easy entry pass

Contrarian

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I can't understand the reason he's stepping out constantly like he is - If he's doing it from instruction, then god help us

Second goal vs Brighton, he steps out on his opposite side to man mark Enciso, then is scrambling back for the goal nowhere to be seen as he doesn't have the pace to recover:

Similar situation for the 4th, steps out and across for some reason & then is scrambling back for the goal where March gets an easy tap in

Again, Dawson isn't the ONLY one at fault, but I just don't understand why he's constantly doing this when he doesn't have the pace to recover from these situations

Perhaps our manager should have a word with him? I hope he's reading this!

Howler

Has a lot to say
Reaction score

That's a massive red flag for me.

This team physically dominated Rennes and Manchested United, they are now back to being the meek little boys that everyone bullies for 15 mins a game to waltz by. Palace did sweet **** all most of the game and scored 3 goals after only scoring 2 so far for the season - this is not an improvement from 3 weeks ago Gary!

There was such a lack of purpose on the ball, it was possession for possession sake - the dawdling and excess touches our back 6 take is painful - seeing Kilman and Dawson fluff about with the ball on halfway with Palace having all 11 behind the ball - a complete waste of time.

Honestly, it's time to resort to Nuno tactics, back 5 with rapid counter-attacks......it's all we can get consistently right and will end up being more entertaining as Neto, Cunha and Bellegarde are good dribblers and the bonus is we'll concede far less goals.

WickedWolfie

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
That's a massive red flag for me.

This team physically dominated Rennes and Manchested United, they are now back to being the meek little boys that everyone bullies for 15 mins a game to waltz by. Palace did sweet **** all most of the game and scored 3 goals after only scoring 2 so far for the season - this is not an improvement from 3 weeks ago Gary!

There was such a lack of purpose on the ball, it was possession for possession sake - the dawdling and excess touches our back 6 take is painful - seeing Kilman and Dawson fluff about with the ball on halfway with Palace having all 11 behind the ball - a complete waste of time.

Honestly, it's time to resort to Nuno tactics, back 5 with rapid counter-attacks......it's all we can get consistently right and will end up being more entertaining as Neto, Cunha and Bellegarde are good dribblers and the bonus is we'll concede far less goals.
Nuno tactics were great with Nuno directing them. Having seen what GON has done to the team the mind boggles about how he'd direct them....

Fifty Niner

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I thought we were ok today.

The better team first half without carving any real chances. Looks at Palaces first goal and that’s what we should have done but seemed afraid to cross it.

Not sure what we were doing for the second and third goals but we can’t switch off like that.

We REALLY need some flair in the team. Praying Bellegarde has got it.
I think we have flair in the team. It’s just getting the best out of them that’s the problem.

Back
Top Bottom