Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Palace verdict

Sussex Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Because we lost and the amount of body language experts on here is rising by the hour

I don’t think you have to read body language to observe whether a team shows fight and puts everything on the line to get a result. Do you think we left everything on the pitch today? Did we scrap and fight, win more 50/50 balls than them?

I’m not saying GO has lost the dressing room or anything like that, but I am concerned that our hunger and fight seems to be draining away with every game. That’s what happened under Lage, and it got to the point where we were in total free fall before he was finally sacked. There is a real risk that could happen with GO if he doesn’t find a way of getting some decent performances out of the team.

manchesterwolf17

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
We won home games under lop, I’ve called this, we will have 0 points from our first 5 home games! We needed the points from the easier away games! At least under lop we beat Liverpool spurs villa Chelsea’s at home, with gormless gary we won’t get a point!!

Bury your head as much as you want, if I saw fight I’d have encouragements but there’s not even that, we are doomed

That's true about the home games. I honestly don't think we'll win one until December at the earliest.

Ned

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
We started well, dominated the ball without (again) ever looking like scoring. Then they slowly came into it and we were always edgy at the back. It was the standard Palace game where we invite them on after they’ve run us into the ground and they score from a couple of decent but simple moves.

Sa was good other than the madness.
Dawson did his job.
Lemina and Gomes did what they could out of possession but neither is good enough on the ball to influence the game.
Hwang again the only player who looks like he has an eye for goal.
Neto was good today, in fairness, but had nothing to work with.

Cunha was shambolic. Semedo and RAN bottled the physical battles and rarely went forward as a result. Silva isn’t a striker and im starting to worry that he isn’t very good. Sarabia was non existent.

Huge worry and a huge job for GON now. One thing I hope he’s learned from today is IF he plays Sarabia on the right that he HAS to play Doc on the same side to offer some attacking impetus. Mitchell won’t have ever had an easier game on his side.

DJLWolf

Reaction score
And your evidence for this is?

I think a lot of them don't want to be at Wolves full stop, but that's just my opinion.

Maybe it's a wider issue than them not wanting to play for O'Neil.

There's massive problems at the club though, clearly.If there are a selection of fans that want to stick their head in the clouds and pretend that's not the case, that's their business.

Bradstonian

Reaction score
We don't usually win away at Palace.
We lost 3-2.
It's arguably our most hard fought for loss at Palace.
Not a good second half, but how many times has Roy Hodgson beaten our other managers.
We went down fighting.
A round of applause for Gary and the team from me.
We need to become more clinical in front of goal.
Hopefully GON will get some time to coach most of the team during the international break, something he wasn't here to do much before these 3 games and I expect us to come back stronger.
Agreed. It’s hard to post any sensible analysis when the forum is so unnecessarily toxic.

old wittonian

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I think a lot of them don't want to be at Wolves full stop, but that's just my opinion.

Maybe it's a wider issue than them not wanting to play for O'Neil.

There's massive problems at the club though, clearly.If there are a selection of fans that want to stick their head in the clouds and pretend that's not the case, that's their business.
I agree there is a problem. Semedo is hot and cold. RAN and Bueno are weak defensively, Dawson has slowed down massively and our forwards are goal shy. I thought Fabio was poor today but he wasn't helped by the ball being hoofed forward to much too frequently. There is also a lack of on-field leadership. Apart from maybe Gomes and, to a lesser degree, Lemina we have no warriors.

Bugsy911

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Sarabia is clearly a good player with a sharp footballing brain, sadly we as a team are nowhere near that type of football right now so the game mostly passes him by. That said, he wasn't our worst today at all.
He isn't a wide player keep him as a 10 he's quality however we have 3 or 4 players like this and can't accommodate them all.

Rugrats

Reaction score
When palace put the pressure on we crumbled giving the ball back to them so many times sometimes as they harried us or we failed to pass the ball quickly enough to keep moves going.

Sa 8 looked top flight keeper today
Semedo 6 lightweight defender
Dawson 5 average
Kilman 5 average
Ait nouri 5 lightweight defender
Lamina 6 industrious
Gomes 6 learning the game here
Sarabia 5 the pace of the game always seems to much for him
Cunha 5 quiet
Fabio 5 lacks experience in premier
Neto 7 coming into form

Traore 5 needs games at this level
Bueno 5 average for the time he was on
Sasa 6 needs his match fitness but looks like a proper cf
Hwang 6 dashes about a lot, can be dodgy if defending but grabbed a goal again which has to be a pluss
You are honestly saying in all seriousness that Sa was man of the match ?

I've read some stuff on here but nothing has made me burst out laughing like that.

DJLWolf

Reaction score
I agree there is a problem. Semedo is hot and cold. RAN and Bueno are weak defensively, Dawson has slowed down massively and our forwards are goal shy. I thought Fabio was poor today but he wasn't helped by the ball being hoofed forward to much too frequently. There is also a lack of on-field leadership.

I'm probably just angry with O'Neil because I think he massively ballsed up the situation at 1-1 when we had just equalised and were in the ascendency.

Bringing on Traore when we had Sasa on the bench, bang in form, was a very unwise decision and it turned the game.

old wittonian

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I'm probably just angry with O'Neil because I think he massively ballsed up the situation at 1-1 when we had just equalised and were in the ascendency.

Bringing on Traore when we had Sasa on the bench, bang in form, was a very unwise decision and it turned the game.
That decision was completely *******s and a **** up. It was totally inexplicable.

Last edited:

Bradstonian

Reaction score
I agree there is a problem. Semedo is hot and cold. RAN and Bueno are weak defensively, Dawson has slowed down massively and our forwards are goal shy. I thought Fabio was poor today but he wasn't helped by the ball being hoofed forward to much too frequently. There is also a lack of on-field leadership. Apart from maybe Gomes and, to a lesser degree, Lemina we have no warriors.
That’s a good and encouraging analysis to hear from the Wolves Appreciation Society. Not.

Madmalc

Reaction score
Both RAN and Semedo received early yellow cards.
Not sure why Semedo got his.
No idea why RAN was the only one booked and the Palace player wasn't.
Gomez booked.
Eventually the potential Red card tightrope plays to the other teams advantage.
Non of the bookings were game savers.

ombyman

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Gomez booked.
semedo looked like a walking 2nd yellow for the last 10 mins of the half, I would have changed him at ht for Doc.

ombyman

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
what worries me almost as much as the lack of goal threat is how soft we are. (yes we scored 2, but it was the first 30 mins we needed goal threat when all over them). I genuinely think that Sheff U and Burnley will beat us as they have more fight in them

VancouverWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
We won home games under lop, I’ve called this, we will have 0 points from our first 5 home games! We needed the points from the easier away games! At least under lop we beat Liverpool spurs villa Chelsea’s at home, with gormless gary we won’t get a point!!

Bury your head as much as you want, if I saw fight I’d have encouragements but there’s not even that, we are doomed
I’m not burying my head…….we’re dire. Why , I’m not sure.
All I’m saying is that it’s not all on Gary.

Bradstonian

Reaction score
what worries me almost as much as the lack of goal threat is how soft we are. (yes we scored 2, but it was the first 30 mins we needed goal threat when all over them). I genuinely think that Sheff U and Burnley will beat us as they have more fight in them
That’s the spirit!

Contrarian

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Look how we played at Old Trafford under the influence of a proper coach.

In the history of the PL, has a club ever dumbed down its manager so much in one move??

Also, Kenny Jackett to Walter Zenga. Though not the Premier League. That's 3 times now (Zenga, Lage, O'Neill). A pattern emerges.

Eastyorksyeltz

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Not sure why Semedo got hid.
Gomez booked.
Semedo booking was ridiculous, on the referees part, RAN on his own part, but agree Palace player should have also been in the book.

Millsywolf22

Groupie
Reaction score
Doesn't seem to be a thread so...

...another really hard watch, and once the opposition does anything with speed and incision we part like the Red Sea.

Our "attackers" are truly pathetic in their lack of hunger to hurt the opposition. I can't stand watching Sarabia, Cunha and Silva waft around with little to no effect whatsoever when you see every single other team in the division have players who actually want to score a goal. Even in the relegation season under Jones or the struggles with McCarthy there were players out there who genuinely had a desire to create a goal, to unsettle the opposition, to make that sprint into the box but now we have nothing... the first Palace goal was one that we will never score.

I've thought since day 1 that we will struggle to get 30 points and am just contenting/deluding myself into believing that Luton, Burnley and the Blades won't reach 30 anyway.
Spot on !

WickedWolfie

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Gomez booked.
Both Ayew and Édouard should have been booked in the first half. The incident involving the former when the ref rightly waved play on and there wasn't a break for about 5 mins was bloody woeful.

Contrarian

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
If he didn’t play after 4 assists during the week many would’ve kicked off

Is there anyone mystified by how Sarabia (and others) played so well against Blackpool B team, yet struggled against this Palace team?

I predicted this would happen after Blackpool, old cynic that I am! Opposition level counts for a lot. Mind you, Doc scored 2 goals, is far better suited to this league than Sarabia and still didn't get on the pitch. Despite Semedo clearly being cagey having been (unfairly) booked early on. I could kick off on that!

The Wolf In The North

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Everyone's a mind-reader, and none of us know what goes on behind closed doors. So, the following is just my own utterly baseless opinion.

I don't think the players have got the first clue what they're actually supposed to be doing. There's a vague plan, but it's about as substantial as a crustless quiche. They muddle and battle through first halves, and at the break they're expecting some kind of cohesive strategic tweak, but they're getting confused and demotivated. They don't know how to react when things go wrong. The manager doesn't react. They get tired and fractious but the changes don't come. They're left to their own fates, and let's face it, we're not talking Roman soldiers here, there's not a massive amount of fight in them at the best of times - all the warriors (Jota, Jimenez, Coady, Saiss, Neves, Moutinho, Costa) are gone.

Weak players, weak manager, weak club structure and communication. Today, even more than at Brighton, we had the look of a team that is running on empty in April and has just lost a number of games on the bounce and it feels like the sky is falling in. It's September the bloody 3rd. I don't know if it's the farce with Nunes last week, the reality of O'Neil where before there was Lopetegui, the general feeling of unease about the club, but today we were just grey and sad in that last half an hour.

Millsywolf22

Groupie
Reaction score
We've got to face it we are just not very good ! The players don't have the appetite for wolves right now weather it's the manager....board or lack of quality around some of them. Going forward there's no team in the prem that worries about our forward line....Neto looked a bit brighter on the left but there's no gut bursting run/will to get on the end of it. Truly frustrating to watch and so predictable to play against. Saribia I just can't see where he fits he's clearly one thought and step ahead so we're making him look crap !
As for Silva and cuhna wow. Weekend than I've seen before

Bradstonian

Reaction score
That’s the spirit.

Clifton Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
It would make us so much more dangerous going forward too.

Sa
Bueno Dawson Kilman
Doc Gomes Lemina RAN
Cunha
Sasa Silva

Couldn’t agree more with this. If I never saw Semedo given another appearance in old gold I’d be delighted. Defensively a liability, looks a red waiting to happen most games and offers about as much as Sa going forwards. A players whose career got incredibly fortunate to be at Barca. Please get shot.

Gedwolf

Reaction score
Gomez booked.
Then he should have bought Doc on for the second half for Semedo

Chriswwfc

Reaction score
Everyone's a mind-reader, and none of us know what goes on behind closed doors. So, the following is just my own utterly baseless opinion.

I don't think the players have got the first clue what they're actually supposed to be doing. There's a vague plan, but it's about as substantial as a crustless quiche. They muddle and battle through first halves, and at the break they're expecting some kind of cohesive strategic tweak, but they're getting confused and demotivated. They don't know how to react when things go wrong. The manager doesn't react. They get tired and fractious but the changes don't come. They're left to their own fates, and let's face it, we're not talking Roman soldiers here, there's not a massive amount of fight in them at the best of times - all the warriors (Jota, Jimenez, Coady, Saiss, Neves, Moutinho, Costa) are gone.

Weak players, weak manager, weak club structure and communication. Today, even more than at Brighton, we had the look of a team that is running on empty in April and has just lost a number of games on the bounce and it feels like the sky is falling in. It's September the bloody 3rd. I don't know if it's the farce with Nunes last week, the reality of O'Neil where before there was Lopetegui, the general feeling of unease about the club, but today we were just grey and sad in that last half an hour.

Exactly how I see it.

Think that’s why they looked so confused after brighton first half. We made a couple of chances but were chasing shadows.

I imagine he claps and encourages and **** all else.

Back
Top Bottom