Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Everton v Wolves - Verdict

Scallywolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
1. If you want to read depressing ****e. You should look at the Everton forum.

2. Sa had a magnificent game. But if Garth Crooks names him in the team of the week, you can call me Susan
Hi, Susan.

wolfslair

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
1. If you want to read depressing ****e. You should look at the Everton forum.

2. Sa had a magnificent game. But if Garth Crooks names him in the team of the week, you can call me Susan
It is hard to read!!! They are in a bad bad bad place!!!!

Wilf

Reaction score
"Goalkeeping excellence of the highest order" - commentator about Sa. As an ex-goalie I agree. That triple save as well. Wow.

So pleased for Sasa, can't wait for pt3 of the docu now. However, baby on the way? Let's hope he's not distracted / tired when baby Sasa makes an appearence.

tamworthwolf

Reaction score
Great win! Admittedly against a very poor side but just what we needed. Didn't create enough first half to be honest but thought we generally controlled the game well throughout.

More frustration from Neto first half waving his hands around and when he did get chances he was wasteful. So much better second half and nice assist for the goal. Tidy finish as well from Sasa - more please!

Found us really quite poor in our own box all game (based on where we need to be). No idea how we ended up giving Everton so much space in there. At times it didn't look like there was any marking at all. Definitely need to improve that. Thankfully Sa saved us a few times - no idea how he tipped the last one over! Could've been a different game if some of the VAR decisions were different too.

The control of the game was so much better apart from the last 15 but that's expected away from home. It was quite boring first half though passing from side to side and not getting anywhere. Long ball rubbish first half as well. Not sure why we would do that. So much better second half.

I think we are lacking leaders and characters in the team. We have lost some and the current players need to step up. There were also times where we lacked quality and discipline again in the first half. I think winning games is going to help a lot - hopefully we can push on from this one.

It worried me this morning when I saw the club were giving away free PL badges in the shop on away shirts this weekend. Having a clear out just in case they become discontinued next season! Maybe not with a few more results like today.

Fabio getting good chances again. Really hope he gets a goal soon. The confidence we showed going forward second half was excellent.

Something to build on and onto the next one! Hopefully the players take on how much it means to the fans at the end. Love how O'Neill makes the players go to the fans for a while after the game.

Sketchead

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Not a great performance but Sa kept us in the game and we took a very valuable three points. Was always going to be a tough game given their home crowd and they're desperate to get off the mark, too.

You could see we were a bit nervous and hesitant today, and I really think this will be huge for our confidence.

Sa was faultless, thought Semedo, Lemina and Gomes had strong games, with everyone else just OK at best really. Gutted for Fabio's offside, great little finish, then following that by missing a one-on-one a few minutes later... he just needs one to go in for me and then I think he'll be flying.

Today any win would do so thank **** for that. We surely can't play that badly again next week...

Scallywolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Brilliant result but let's not kid ourselves, we were outplayed by one of the worst sides in the league. If they could finish, we would have been beaten by 3 or 4 again.
I’ll reserve judgement until we have played 10 games and I’ll give GO my support. Bloody hell, he’s been here 3 weeks, and was appointed when all clubs had completed their pre seasons, with systems in place and managers who knew every player. I’ll give him a chance.

If we are in the **** after a quarter of the season, I may start to get a bit more critical, especially if we are playing regular ****.

Yes, a brilliant result and Everton are in deep trouble again. They are an awful side, but we beat them. If we could finish, we would have beat United by 3 or 4!

GoldenHorseshoe

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
For once we are in absolute agreement
I don't see the need to "eat crow" if Sa puts us under pressure with poor distribution, and we point it out, there's nothing wrong with that. And when his performance is immense and we also comment about it, what's the problem?
What gets me about certain posters is the total refusal to acknowledge any type of performance that differs from their entrenched stated position.

SingYourHeartsOut

"Its less confusing with a smaller brain"
Reaction score
OK, so the celebrations have calmed down, the wistful tear about watching the pillars at Goodison for the last time (either because they've moved or been relegated) have dried, time for an honest debrief.

Sa 10 - every bit as good as he was bad last week. Kept the distribution simple, took several corners (my only real fear) well, made one incredible save.
Semedo 7 - did well, but could hardly have had an easier afternoon
Dawson 6 - steady, but another yellow and struggled a bit at times, although we didn't ask him to play ten yards inside their half which helped
Kilman 7- pretty happy with his, strong in the air, determined and decisive.
Bueno 7 - did well, particularly second half
Neto 5 - I'm giving him some credit for the assist and actually using his right foot a couple of times, generally poor though (maybe worth one more to allow for still being played on the wrong side)
Hwang 4 - presume he was taken off for an injury, but if so it did us a favour
Gomes 6 - silly booking, worked hard, didn't offer much creatively
Lemina 7 - not his best game, but still got through a good shift
Cunha 5 - tried to find a way to influence the game, but with little success
Silva 5 - working hard, but looked a bit out of his depth at times first half, poor decisions, ironically I thought he was playing best when he was taken off

RAN - 8 really enjoyed his contribution, always looked for the positive option, works well with Bueno

Mugwump

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I’ll reserve judgement until we have played 10 games and I’ll give GO my support. Bloody hell, he’s been here 3 weeks, and was appointed when all clubs had completed their pre seasons, with systems in place and managers who knew every player. I’ll give him a chance.

If we are in the **** after a quarter of the season, I may start to get a bit more critical, especially if we are playing regular ****.

Yes, a brilliant result and Everton are in deep trouble again. They are an awful side, but we beat them. If we could finish, we would have beat United by 3 or 4!

While he will get my support, i think he's a rubbish manager personally and i've said all along he's set up to fail, which isnt his fault.

sillytuna

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
It may not have been the best football but it was a good game to watch. Two desperate teams even at this stage of the season!

Getting those 3 points was invaluable. We need to sign players this week and it's now a world of difference from having 3 losses, including to Everton. Sasa also being off the mark and showing how useful he is will help GON who, let's be honest, looks tactically inept. I said last week that if he just keeps things safe and simple it's probably his best way forwards. Rubbish to watch but it'll keep us up until we can sort our mess out.

Everton, oh dear oh dear oh dear. A bigger basket case than we are.

Scallywolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
While he will get my support, i think he's a rubbish manager personally and i've said all along he's set up to fail, which isnt his fault.
What makes you say he’s a rubbish manager, after the job he did at Bournemouth?

He did what JL did for us when appointed and got them safe and up the table.

And he didn’t have £70million to spend, like Loppy did in January!

sc91

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
It may not have been the best football but it was a good game to watch. Two desperate teams even at this stage of the season!

Getting those 3 points was invaluable. We need to sign players this week and it's now a world of difference from having 3 losses, including to Everton. Sasa also being off the mark and showing how useful he is will help GON who, let's be honest, looks tactically inept. I said last week that if he just keeps things safe and simple it's probably his best way forwards. Rubbish to watch but it'll keep us up until we can sort our mess out.

Everton, oh dear oh dear oh dear. A bigger basket case than we are.
I think for Everton, it's actually a bitter psychological blow. Broken a club record for a season start.

Some tough games coming up for them.

For Wolves, a springboard to mid table knowing results can be ground out

Hot Fuss

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
If you watched that and didn’t feel concerned then I’m not sure what to say.

You can be happy with the win and concerned about the performance. They aren’t mutually exclusive.

People are disappointed because nothing in that performance resembles the good work from Old Trafford, coming off the back of a pretty horrendous drubbing last week.

It’s going to be another season of scrapping to 40 points, but it is what it is.
What else did you expect with the squad available other than “scrapping to 40 points”?? Free flowing, Brazil 1970 style football and loads of goals??

Some posters are gutted we’ve won, it’s pretty pathetic.

Go on Gaz, **** em. Up the Wolves.

Last edited:

Ian

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Can Fabio and Sasa both play?

It won't happen BUT if we lose Nunes ( and Semedo) and don't bring anyone else in, with the squad we have I'd go 3-5-2

Toti comes in as the 3rd CB, Doc and RAN as your wing backs, Cunha plays as the CAM and Fabio and Sasa up top.

As for the verdict, awful game to watch from 2 poor teams lacking confidence that looked like it was gonna end scoreless....but a wins a win!

Sa man of the match by a country mile, Semedo also had a good game.
Thought Gomes and Lemina didn't offer much and both picked up cheap yellows ( Dawson seemed to give Lemina a mouthful about his stupidity).
Cunha not really involved and Hwang is not a wide forward, he needs to be in and around the box and Neto is just wasted on the right.
Fabio has to put his chances away and as others have said , he does better when it's an instinctive finish without time to think.
As for Sarabia.....brings nothing to the team.

Mugwump

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
What makes you say he’s a rubbish manager, after the job he did at Bournemouth?

He did what JL did for us when appointed and got them safe and up the table.

And he didn’t have £70million to spend, like Loppy did in January!
Same as i felt with Lage, its just a gut feeling. I think despite him doing an ok job at Bournemouth, i think he just got a bit lucky.

I'd like him to embarrass me and prove me wrong, but as i keep saying, i think he is on a hiding to nothing here with the way things are right now.

Monketron

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
First half we looked half asleep. I'd love to see the duel winning stats as it seemed like Everton won 90% of them especially when we tried to get the ball forward. 2nd half they tired a little and it let us get a bit more of a foothold in the game.

2 clear issues with the team that stand out like a sore thumb, we very obviously miss Neves control in midfield and Silva/Cunha are not target men so trying to whack long balls into them all match is never going to work as a tactic. Both prefer to run with the ball from deep or play off the shoulder of the defender.

T

TheConcourse

What else did you expect with the squad available other than “scrapping to 40 points”?? Free flowing, Brazil 1970 style football and loads of goals??

Some posters are gutted we’ve won, it’s pretty pathetic.

Go on Gaz, **** em. Up the Wolves.
That’s right, because when you’re up against a side with Patterson, Young, Dobbin & Garner, sometimes you’ve just got to dig in and hope you can snatch something.

To repeat, I’m not gutted we’ve won. You’re literally a ****ing idiot if you think any fan is gutted that we’ve won a game.

I’m gutted that we’ve got this clown in charge, who is reporting to a couple of additional clowns. Sorry if it hurts your brain that the club is a total mess and I don’t like it.

Adrian_Monk

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
GON always refers to things like "The group I have to work with" or "They do what I ask of them", etc.... Never "We".

Do you think this is just his style?
Cringey UEFA Pro intake 2021 jargon

Flea

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
That’s right, because when you’re up against a side with Patterson, Young, Dobbin & Garner, sometimes you’ve just got to dig in and hope you can snatch something.

To repeat, I’m not gutted we’ve won. You’re literally a ****ing idiot if you think any fan is gutted that we’ve won a game.

I’m gutted that we’ve got this clown in charge, who is reporting to a couple of additional clowns. Sorry if it hurts your brain that the club is a total mess and I don’t like it.
We were always in the grind out 40 points bracket for this season.
This clearly is not the season to be expecting expansive football from us.
17th placement will do very nicely IMO..and we will not get there if we play an open way of football that the opposition will exploit.
It is all about survival this season and any threepointer is most welcomed..no matter in what way it has been produced.
I´ll take ugly 1-0 wins every day of the week the way things currently are with the club and Fosun.

Frank Lincoln

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
OK, so the celebrations have calmed down, the wistful tear about watching the pillars at Goodison for the last time (either because they've moved or been relegated) have dried, time for an honest debrief.

Sa 10 - every bit as good as he was bad last week. Kept the distribution simple, took several corners (my only real fear) well, made one incredible save.
Semedo 7 - did well, but could hardly have had an easier afternoon
Dawson 6 - steady, but another yellow and struggled a bit at times, although we didn't ask him to play ten yards inside their half which helped
Kilman 7- pretty happy with his, strong in the air, determined and decisive.
Bueno 7 - did well, particularly second half
Neto 5 - I'm giving him some credit for the assist and actually using his right foot a couple of times, generally poor though (maybe worth one more to allow for still being played on the wrong side)
Hwang 4 - presume he was taken off for an injury, but if so it did us a favour
Gomes 6 - silly booking, worked hard, didn't offer much creatively
Lemina 7 - not his best game, but still got through a good shift
Cunha 5 - tried to find a way to influence the game, but with little success
Silva 5 - working hard, but looked a bit out of his depth at times first half, poor decisions, ironically I thought he was playing best when he was taken off

RAN - 8 really enjoyed his contribution, always looked for the positive option, works well with Bueno

Good report, but you missed our goalscorer out.. :)

T

TheConcourse

17th placement will do very nicely IMO..and we will not get there if we play an open way of football that the opposition will exploit.
It is all about survival this season and any threepointer is most welcomed..no matter in what way it has been produced.
I´ll take ugly 1-0 wins every day of the week the way things currently are with the club and Fosun.
Yet here we were, only 2 weeks ago waxing lyrical about the quality of football against Rennes, Luton and United.

I can’t believe the lack of fight from fans, who are literally letting Fosun get away with footballing murder.

Hot Fuss

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

Haha weird how a Wolves fan can be so narky on the Sunday morning after an away win!

Played absolutely **** under King Loppy away from home every week.

SA Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I think you are right. I alluded to this in my verdict report. Lots were lauding our play in the defeat at OT, but it's points that matter. I hated the game yesterday and our soporific play, but this morning we are 3 points better-off. Not looking forwards to the rest of the season, but come May and if we are above the bottom 3; it will all have been worth it.
As for football being an 'entertainment industry'; the people who said this, clearly weren't Wolves' supporters. :rolleyes:

Hot Fuss

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Yet here we were, only 2 weeks ago waxing lyrical about the quality of football against Rennes, Luton and United.

I can’t believe the lack of fight from fans, who are literally letting Fosun get away with footballing murder.
What would you suggest? Burn the training ground down?

Lack of fight?? They don’t give a **** what you or me think.

You seem genuinely upset that supporters are supporting the team and the manager.

Proper Weird.

Back
Top Bottom