Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Welcome Gary

oldgoldheart

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Should I make the "Goodbye Gary" thread for his inevitable sacking by Christmas or should I wait a few more weeks?
i have nothing against the bloke as a person but frankly, yes. you may as well. we have lost all our coaching staff and look like appointing a very third string cheapo team. the players will know this and respond accordingly. so, miracles aside, you may as well

Tring Wolf

MolMix Poster of the Season Winner 2011-2012 and r
Reaction score
Best of luck Gary.

We’re better when we play at a high tempo. Your four best players are Nunes, Ait-Nouri, Neto and Fabio Silva. Insist that they aren’t sold and build around them, Kilman, Joao Gomes and Cunha.

Wolves fans respond to the team playing at a high tempo and having a real go at the opposition. We’ve seen a lot of passive football these last three years and really want to see us attack. You have the template from last week’s two home friendlies. Go from there.

Hope you prove a lot of us wrong and go on to be a roaring success.

Ned

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
You know what, I’m kind of at the “it is what it is” stage now. I’ve moaned and whined and am still pretty ****ed off about the whole thing but, **** it, let’s just get behind the new manager and the players. He might even come in and add something, we literally have no idea.

Admittedly I’m expecting a downturn but I can’t be ***** to waste any more energy on saying the same thing in different ways until I’m blue in the face.

Welcome Gary, go and smash it!!

DanishWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Oh and by the way, Welcome Gary.
You seem like a very likeable intelligent guy, and I'd love to have few pints with you down the pub. I just dont want you as manager of my fave football team. But I guess thats where we're at, so I wish you all the best, and hope I'll be eating humble pie, as we storm up the league, playing like Brazil 82...

geowolf

Reaction score
Welcome Gary, at last a coach who actually wants to be here. It’s going to be a steep learning curve for everyone, fans included, but if you can get the players to buy in and stop Fosun selling any more then you have the foundation of a really good side with some excellent youngsters coming through. Don’t know how it will play out, but an immense opportunity for a young coach. Every success. (ps. Please don’t replace RAN with Cresswell).

GoldenHorseshoe

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I don't know enough about him to make an informed opinion. Is the reason the majority are against him due to his lack of experience, poor tactics, poor man management etc?
Or just comparing to the international status of the coach we've just lost?

Wolf in the sun

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Good luck Gary. Try and give us some attacking football please...goals werent very common here !! I will support you fully..there has been negative stuff but that isnt really about you, its how we feel we have been treated as fans

remember...goals please...to us !

UTW !!

Ned

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I don't know enough about him to make an informed opinion. Is the reason the majority are against him due to his lack of experience, poor tactics, poor man management etc?
Yes.

JadeWolf

Official Noddy pre match thread starter.
Reaction score
Welcome Gary and your team.

The great Stan Cullis said “you only get one life and I gave mine to Wolves”. Just give us absolutely everything you’ve got Gary, and we’ll back you.

Wolves Ay We!

MasWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I'd say a bit of everything you have mentioned. Firstly, going from JLo to O'Neil is the mother of all downgrades (regardless of what was happening behind the scenes). Secondly, he's only managed 37 games. I'm not saying he can't be a good manager one day, but he will be learning his trade at our club - which means he will make some massive mistakes at our expense.

If you see what Bournemouth fans are saying, they were glad to see the back of him due to his awful playing style and lack of coherent tactics. His win rate is under 30% and his stats with Bournemouth were woeful.

I would love to be proved wrong, but I can only see this ending badly. He won't make the full season in my opinion.

Alex Rae The Substitute

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
If they try and spin this anyway other way than saying financially we’re ****ed and he’s the best we can afford I’ll have even less respect for Fosun over this whole debacle than I already did.

A simple: “Wolves can today announce the appointment of Gary O’Neil on an X year deal” will totally suffice. Anything more about him being an outstanding candidate will be insulting.

Anyway, good luck Gary, I think you’re going to need it.

Adrian_Monk

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Simply not enough experience, and what he has is one-dimensional. I admired what he did for Bournemouth but was still surprised they gave him the job full-time - he has no experience even working under any big managers as assistant or coach - just Jonathan Woodgate and Scott Parker. Whilst he did eventually manage to grind out some impressive results for them, he knew the place, knew most of the players and was (like Lopetegui) given a sizeable helping hand in the January.....and even then, after he was appointed full time the results did tail off a bit. That shouldn't detract from the impressive feat of keeping a team that looked ill-equipped for life in the Premier League in it, but even so, it is a very small body of work on which to judge a manager.

He's never gone into a new dressing room with nobody knowing who he is, and that's exactly what he will get here. Aside Dawson and Doherty, who will have played against him, he's going to have a group of players who are not much younger than him wondering 'Who the hell is this guy?'....and he has no credentials he can point to at all. He will have a very small window to impress upon those players having had no dress rehearsal over what that entails. Everything is going to be new to him. That's what concerns me.

Oldvic161

Groupie
Reaction score
Don’t we need a nickname for him a la lopu?
G O
Gary O
Gaz O
Gary g o’now

What a come down, Europa league winner to tea cup runner up, do your best Gary Oh no, I reckon the plan is to stay up, sable dosh, blood young English players, sell everyone, sell the club, sell the fans down the river.
The team are going to be astounded at the level of training run, chase, run kick

Bognor_Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Just to say you and the players will have my full 100% support from day one. Not Jeff and Fosun though they can go **** themselves.
This, this and this! I totally understand and respect this point of view! What I don't is some constantly already belittling O'Neil at every opportunity give the guy a chance hardly his fault we are in this mess!

Back
Top Bottom