Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Is it just me,

bully9

Reaction score
I’ve followed Wolves home and away for as long as I can remember, I’m the same as us all Old Gold and Black through my veins ,for the last couple of years I’ve only gone really for the drink beforehand (not the football) I’ve lost all love for the game , I’ve bought both season tickets for the next season , just curious if any body else feels like this , and will my love come back , I’m normally a very positive person just feel lost ,, ps this is not attention seeking just never been like this about my club

JamesWolves

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I’ve followed Wolves home and away for as long as I can remember, I’m the same as us all Old Gold and Black through my veins ,for the last couple of years I’ve only gone really for the drink beforehand (not the football) I’ve lost all love for the game , I’ve bought both season tickets for the next season , just curious if any body else feels like this , and will my love come back , I’m normally a very positive person just feel lost ,, ps this is not attention seeking just never been like this about my club

game as a whole feels crap now. Growing up through the late nineties and early 2000's wont be topped, every team had some sort of 'elite' player the talent pool was insane. Nowadays it feels like all elite players just end up at the same clubs its boring. VAR is slowly killing the game aswell its just another way for corruption to spread.

Glad i've start watching other sports at this point.

Tojo the grass

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I always look forward to the new season for the social side of it and the beer drinking regardless of what the football is like , but it had been a bit uninspiring for a while now.

Gedwolf

Reaction score
It all seems a bit formulatic and predictable these days, pass it between the defence a lot and players seem scared to do anything unusual or take any risks. Add to that the crap refereeing and VAR inconsistencies and I think the games entertainment level has reduced.

WeAreTheWolvesII

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Every mid-table Premier League club goes through the same. It's the sad state of football but we had the good, now we have to take the bad.

You need to relentlessly spend to have any chance, generally. We were doing that. We lost millions in the Championship but we had the time of our lives in recent history. So we didn't care. I'm just very glad that we got Europe during our high point, for many clubs that won't happen. At least we had something to show for it with the trips.

Now, the owners have stopped putting money in and we're just another club. It's boring.

We'll probably finish 10th-15th next season, then eventually we will go down.

Guess what? The Championship year will be one of the best we then experience if it results in promotion!

Look how good League One was, fans enjoy successful, exciting teams.

Football is always about the day out now for me. Well, it has to be. We're one of the worst teams to watch in the country in terms of quality to excitement in my opinion.

sc91

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Costs are a huge factor.

Feel like a broken record but coming from the south to Molineux is just so expensive now.

For the price of one trip up I can basically buy a flight abroad for a family holiday.

WISAW

Has a lot to say
Reaction score

It saddens me to say it but its not just you. I can relate to this also. The buzz/excitement isn't what it use to be. The inevitability of the filthy rich clubs with their dodgy deals and ways around ffp is just so disheartening.

GoldenHorseshoe

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Is there anything else going on bully? Health or financial issues for you or family? (Hope not, just asking).
Things don't seem the same as before covid, personally I don't go out much as before, except on my bike. Everything is much more expensive, even take aways, they give you the charge machine and default tip is 18%.

Golden Arrow

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I can empathise with how you feel as Iike yourself I travel the length and breadth of the land to follow our mutual passion.
The home pre match is good but not so the away these days as many of those I'm with for the home games are unable to do the away due to lack of qualifying points or low ticket availability. .

Re the football in general, Nuno has brought us some incredible times in the recent past, and before that (for me) there were equally good times, be it in the league, the League Cup, FA Cup, Texaco Cup, UEFA Cup, Anglo Italian, Play off Final and Sherpa Van.

Wolves footballing history has shown that there will success as well as failure, so for now I'll patiently wait until the good times come round again (and they will).
Meantime, "that's me in the corner" if on your travels you should see some guy staring into his pint wondering if it's going to be 6-0 to them, or 2-1 to us.

Keep the faith, "bully9", the good times are never far away.......................

Ercall Wolves

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
No thankfully never felt like that
Same here home and away every game never miss
Enjoy the pre match drinks and banter but the main event is still the match above and beyond everything
You sound like you will stick with it and I’m sure the love will come back real soon
In the meantime keep the faith
Wolves aye we

Wignall 3-0

Groupie
Reaction score
For the last three (?) seasons Wolves football has been well below the high standards of the previous three. We have really gone from one extreme to the other. During the last three seasons Wolves have not scored many goals, we love to see Wolves score goals home and away. The football this season needs to be much more entertaining, and exciting with our team scoring goals. COYW.

Ercall Wolves

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Costs are a huge factor.

Feel like a broken record but coming from the south to Molineux is just so expensive now.

For the price of one trip up I can basically buy a flight abroad for a family holiday.
Bloody hell what family holidays abroad do you go on LOL

OLDGOLD

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I can sympathise to a large extent. I support the club as it is my home city and feels part of my dear, but the football has been far from scintillating, and there are not many of the current team 5hat I feel much of a bond with. Hopefully a bit of attacking excitement in the team will help matters....

Ercall Wolves

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I can empathise with how you feel as Iike yourself I travel the length and breadth of the land to follow our mutual passion.
The home pre match is good but not so the away these days as many of those I'm with for the home games are unable to do the away due to lack of qualifying points or low ticket availability. .

Re the football in general, Nuno has brought us some incredible times in the recent past, and before that (for me) there were equally good times, be it in the league, the League Cup, FA Cup, Texaco Cup, UEFA Cup, Anglo Italian, Play off Final and Sherpa Van.

Wolves footballing history has shown that there will success as well as failure, so for now I'll patiently wait until the good times come round again (and they will).
Meantime, "that's me in the corner" if on your travels you should see some guy staring into his pint wondering if it's going to be 6-0 to them, or 2-1 to us.

Keep the faith, "bully9", the good times are never far away.......................
Love that post

wwbug

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I havent enjoyed very much of the football on display since Covid.
Probably 3 or 4 matches a season. At best.

DJW

Reaction score
I think it's due to the lack of a 'project' and any ambition to break the top six now. The height of our ambition now appears to be to simply avoid relegation. I think we will be extremely fortunate to do so this coming year and that makes missing the Nuno years very hard.

North West Wanderer

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
i can understand it for sure. in some ways being a league lower gives us something to aim for that’s not out of reach.

now i’d never ever want relegation at all, but i did perhaps enjoy the football a little more in the Championship.

it makes the journey down and back a lot easier to stomach if it’s fun

Mile End Wanderer

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
VAR, Covid, stagnation of the squad

Iv felt the same but I’m optimistic about the new season no idea why

Try get to most home games but not that bothered if I miss some. Love having season ticket but like you say drink before the game used to love doing with my friends but don’t bother anymore just head out in London after the game or drink on the train.

The day out is great meeting with friends the laughs and jokes are what make it but over time that just happened less

Last edited:

Krispy Kreme

Has a lot to say
Reaction score

No, I've given up season ticket this year after not using it regularly last few seasons.

Feels a bit soulless down the Mol.

Pagey

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Feel the same as the op tbh, normally insanely optimistic and renewed the season tickets, just finding it a bit of a chore.

yateleywolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
It's the lack of ambition from the owners settled into that just don't go down mentality . Got a whiff of Saints about the club at the moment treading water waiting for the inevitable. Another big one is the lack of interest in the stadium after all the big promises

northnorfolkwolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I realise I am so much more content/relaxed during the summer months which is definitely due to the weather and constantly not fretting over Wolves. During the season I'm either concerned about the next game or thoroughly depressed after the last one! We're all pretty much addicted so there's little we can do about it that's why Bully9 has just purchased next season's STs!

Rhoswolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I realise I am so much more content/relaxed during the summer months which is definitely due to the weather and constantly not fretting over Wolves. During the season I'm either concerned about the next game or thoroughly depressed after the last one! We're all pretty much addicted so there's little we can do about it that's why Bully9 has just purchased next season's STs!
Have you purchased a ST?

topcat99

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
If you're not enjoying it, why don't you just stop going?

I mean that genuinely - there's no reason to spend the time and money if it's making you miserable.

You make a valid point. I can’t do many games in a season these days but I can tell you that I’m a lot less stressed at Molineux than I am watching updates on TV or online.
I can physically see the action.

I understand the meltdowns on the Match Threads. It’s stressful not being there.

My wife feels the same as she can only get to Newcastle games a couple of times in a year.

Saturday is constantly updating scores. Stressy

Bacon Sandwich

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Living 200 miles away I rarely get to Molineux. I went once last season when DLS won 4-2.

That said, I watched every minute of every game, and yes, we were a bloody tough team to watch. @yateleywolf is right when he says we currently have a whiff of Saints – if Leicester, Saints and DLS can go down, we certainly can.

What irks me more than anything about Wolves right now is the continuing reliance on Mendes and the dodgy deals we do. Just learn from Brighton and Brentford and run the club properly FFS.

Then there’s football in general. Yep, **** off to Bayern, Harry. Not one single person will miss your diving & moaning. But the Newcastle – Arsenal game really summed the season up for me: it was like watching the final of World Cheating Championship.

Throw in VAR and City buying players like Kalvin Philips simply so no-one else can have them & it’s easy to get ****ed off.

But come Man United away I’ll be there in front of the telly, hurling abuse at Fernandes, dancing a bloody jig if we score and yelling ‘kick him in the *******s, Joao…’

Wolves. Bloody hell…

Rhoswolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
VAR, Covid, stagnation of the squad

Iv felt the same but I’m optimistic about the new season no idea why

Try get to most home games but not that bothered if I miss some. Love having season ticket but like you say drink before the game used to love doing with my friends but don’t bother anymore just head out in London after the game or drink on the train.

The day out is great meeting with friends the laughs and jokes are what make it but over time that just happened less
Too true, most of my mates now dead or no longer attend, add to that mobility issues, train strikes and uncertainty about travel makes it more of a bind / habit than anything, sadly miss it less and less and don't share your optimism about coming season.

Andywolf74

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
I think it’s all about momentum which has massively been missing in the last few seasons. It’s not just the declining league position but the blinkered recruitment and approaching games,regardless of opposition like we’re the under dogs. JL did really well to steer us away from relegation and I really hope a much needed refresh of the squad will give the Wolves it’s mojo back.

we love jez moxey

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I've been saying the same for a while, I went to Spurs away and west ham away early in the season. Didn't enjoy it at all, then didn't go to another game till villa at home.
I'm someone that used to go to 46 games a season too!
As mentioned above, the VAR thing is massive for me, it's just the worst thing to happen for a fan that actually goes to games.
The new generation of fans annoy me a bit too. I remember that game when Bennett made a huge tackle against Chelsea I think??
I overheard some lad near me say to his mate, "who is that?" His mate replied "that's Bennett, his stats are ****"
I just died inside!

Towards the end of last season, when we looked like we might go down, there was part of me that wasn't too bothered.
At least I might enjoy it again!

Darvo

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I've been saying the same for a while, I went to Spurs away and west ham away early in the season. Didn't enjoy it at all, then didn't go to another game till villa at home.
I'm someone that used to go to 46 games a season too!
As mentioned above, the VAR thing is massive for me, it's just the worst thing to happen for a fan that actually goes to games.
The new generation of fans annoy me a bit too. I remember that game when Bennett made a huge tackle against Chelsea I think??
I overheard some lad near me say to his mate, "who is that?" His mate replied "that's Bennett, his stats are ****"
I just died inside!

Towards the end of last season, when we looked like we might go down, there was part of me that wasn't too bothered.
At least I might enjoy it again!
VAR is catastrophic for the game. It’s lost it’s spontaneity and the eruption of joy that a goal used to bring. Sad. Very sad.

CelebrityWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
If it wasn't for Wolves I wouldn't watch football outside of international tournaments. Lost any real love for the game a long long time ago and enjoy US sports much more as a spectacle now I live here. Football is a lot more clinical these days sadly and it isn't really genuinely competitive outside of a few clubs anymore either.

Back
Top Bottom