Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Next manager

hollo

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Rob edwards without a doubt. Only joking, i like potter.

Premier Quality

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
More importantly, once that manager goes, who would people like as the manager after him?
Exactly - And what version of football manager should we be playing to have the best level of insight in preparation?

SeaWolf

Reaction score
The only way FOSUN would be able to pacify the fans would be to bring Nuno back
Saudi league finishes next Wednesday. Nuno's team are 3 points clear with 2 games to play. If he wins it, wouldn't be surprised if he quits while ahead. Might be looking for a new challenge.

ombyman

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
At best we could attract a young and hungry manager. No chance of recruiting another elite manager. Surely Guo knows this and will take the necessary action to retain JL.
Maybe the owners actively want to roll the dice on a cheap young and hungry head coach when the risk is relatively low (start of season). One of them might come good one day. Cheap to pay off if they dont and far less likely to moan about lack of funds.

(I believe there is an expectation to play a certain formation, the back 4, not sure why exactly as we are still rubbish in attack. But a young and hungry coach is more likely to play along with that also)

Woburn Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Maybe the owners actively want to roll the dice on a cheap young and hungry head coach when the risk is relatively low (start of season). One of them might come good one day. Cheap to pay off if they dont and far less likely to moan about lack of funds.

(I believe there is an expectation to play a certain formation, the back 4, not sure why exactly as we are still rubbish in attack. But a young and hungry coach is more likely to play along with that also)
An absolute non-starter in my mind.

Rauls Headband

Reaction score
Oh FFS, I guess this thread was inevitable.

How about we have no manager or head coach at all, but instead a proposal is put forward to Jeff that a management collective is put forward with all of the knowledgeable, never wrong, financial astute, medical genius, transfer market titan, man management mammoth, armchair experts from 'The Mix'.

Each Saturday morning one of the mods can run a poll for team selection, and after each match one of the players is selected for social media flagellation to explain the result.

Won't cost a penny and is sure to be better than what's come the last couple of seasons right?.........

SingYourHeartsOut

"Its less confusing with a smaller brain"
Reaction score

Of all the bonkers things on the list of stuff that we really, really don't want (and losing Lopetegui is pretty close to the top) a coach who lets the hierarchy at the club pick the formation might be the actual top.

Picking a good coach is very difficult even in the PL, as so many clubs have shown this year. We absolutely need to keep the one we've got.

SWest Wolf

Groupie
Reaction score
FFS. No actual concrete evidence that JL is leaving, and we are already debating the next manager!!! Only Wolves fans.

He may go, he may not. Let’s wait and see before we get our knickers in a twist

WolfLing

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Saudi league finishes next Wednesday. Nuno's team are 3 points clear with 2 games to play. If he wins it, wouldn't be surprised if he quits while ahead. Might be looking for a new challenge.

Or an old one!

Tarcisio Mifsud

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Hope Wolves will not need a new manager, but if things turn up that way, I think Brendon Rogers wouls do. I am sure with him in charge officials would look more favourable towards our team.

Sedgers

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
You'd have to say Rob Edwards is intriguing to say the least.

Sketchead

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Can't see it coming to that, but if it does, we have to go for Potter or Rodgers.

If none of them will come, Christ knows.

Big Saft Kid

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
We could potentially get a free hit at potter ...but we need Leicester to go down.....
We'll certainly get the 'Leicester to go down' part of that, but Rodgers or Potter wouldn't come cheap. And I'm afraid Shi is a bit of a cheapskate unless the chips are down, as they were when Lop was appointed. My money would be on Rob Edwards... and a relegation battle

Last edited:

Scallywolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Of all the bonkers things on the list of stuff that we really, really don't want (and losing Lopetegui is pretty close to the top) a coach who lets the hierarchy at the club pick the formation might be the actual top.

Picking a good coach is very difficult even in the PL, as so many clubs have shown this year. We absolutely need to keep the one we've got.
Couldn’t agree more!

If Fosun have any ambition and keep us fans on their side, they need to do all they can to keep JL. I haven’t got too many complaints about them so far in their ownership and they certainly got this appointment right.

Ffs, for all we know he is staying anyway. All these rumours make headlines for the football pages, helping fill social media and fill the minutes on the likes of bloody Talksport. We were having a rubbish season until JL arrived and got us winning matches. I couldn’t believe we got him and now we have a thread asking who his replacement might be!

Its a sign the football season is coming to an end, when there will be no matches to fill the back pages.

’Next manager’ is the thread title. Absolutely no comment from me on that.I ‘m more than happy with the elite manager and his team that we are fortunate to have. If, yes if, there is a problem with FFP, sort it out quickly, so that everyone connected to our great club (owners, chairman, manager, sporting director, fans, staff) can put all this to bed and look forward to a future geared to success.

Northampton_wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
i dont want to talk about this, but it would be potter or rodgers in a heartbeat.

DanishWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I
i dont want to talk about this, but it would be potter or rodgers in a heartbeat.

There's absolutely no chance they'd come...
If Lopetegui goes we're talking the likes of Rob Edwards....and while I actually do rate Edwards, who's done a marvelous job at Luton, I clearly dont think this type of appointment is what we need right now.

DanishWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I
Thar's pretty much what they said about Solbakken
Yes, because Solbakken failed, lets never ever go for sort of refresh again...
As for Svensson - Great manager! Definite upgrade on Lage, definite downgrade on Lopetegui..
Asking him to do a refresh of the current squad, would be a massive ask, for such a young manager. So I sort of agree wih you, that its not the solution..despite him being a good manager.

Back
Top Bottom