Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

This summer’s surprise departure?

Mile End Wanderer

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
So why on earth would he have come in the first place given the position we were in at the time
Doesn’t make much sense. But what he said earlier today is very much a clear demand for money. It’s obvious we need a serious restructure I hope Jeff and Guo can give him 200m plus whatever players we sell to make us contenders for top 6 again. Confidence will come within few weeks time when we hear more about what’s happening

Eastyorksyeltz

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Doesn’t make much sense. But what he said earlier today is very much a clear demand for money. It’s obvious we need a serious restructure I hope Jeff and Guo can give him 200m plus whatever players we sell to make us contenders for top 6 again. Confidence will come within few weeks time when we hear more about what’s happening
I think they'd want more than just top six for that sort of commitment!

SmokeyGB

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Fosun

Got a strange feeling that they will make an announcement that they have sold a large amount of share within the club, which within a year will be sold off.

Player wise currently at the club.

Sa - I think JL wants a upgrade in this position.

Nelson - New contract (improves his value) then off to A.Madrid or Seville

RAN - not to PSG but maybe Lyon or some club of that ilk.

Neves - this time it's a goodbye with tears in our eyes.

Adama - Off to Italy or maybe even Middlesbrough (there major Stella signing) if they go up.

Raul - God bless him, gave everything until that thug nearly killed him.
Go into the USA sunset or Turkish league and see your days out.

NewarkWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
A large chunk of JL’s summer war chest will be generated by the sales of Semedo (20), coady (12) Ran (25), Guedes (18), Raul (8), Jonny (5), Silva (25)

We’ll see the good old loan to buy options for a few incoming and some Mendes deals in our favour.

NewarkWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
When you lose quality it needs replacing
It’s the structure we’ll put into the incomings that will allow for the quality to be targeted against what I’m sure will be sales based around large chunks of the fees in one hit to fund not only quality but a good 4-6 of that level coming in

Ian

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Bueno, kilman, Sarabia , Boub Traore........... Lemina.

Alex Rae The Substitute

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
A large chunk of JL’s summer war chest will be generated by the sales of Semedo (20), coady (12) Ran (25), Guedes (18), Raul (8), Jonny (5), Silva (25)

We’ll see the good old loan to buy options for a few incoming and some Mendes deals in our favour.

£25m for RAN? Doubt that somehow.

Minimalist

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

We ain’t getting 20 for semado. He’s out of contract... we can extend it by 2 seasons, but his high wages (the reason we possibly could let him go on a free) would likely stop any suitor paying a high transfer fee.
If he isn’t worth his wages to us, he’s not with his wages + £20m to someone else.

Ned

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Can there be one this season? Neves is likely to leave, Nunes has been linked away. I guess actual massive shock departures would be players like Lemina, Bueno, Gomes. Players like that.

I think maybe Neto could be one. If you put a truly negative, cynical spin on his latest run of games you could suggest that it’s him being put into the shop window to raise funds for next season. I don’t believe it myself but it’s just a thought.

Ned

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

I think a few of these are a little optimistic. To be fair, taking smaller fees and cutting the wage bill will allow us to be creative at least.

Mile End Wanderer

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
It’s the structure we’ll put into the incomings that will allow for the quality to be targeted against what I’m sure will be sales based around large chunks of the fees in one hit to fund not only quality but a good 4-6 of that level coming in
For sure we will be clearing the decks to make room for others. Natural occurrence

Mile End Wanderer

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

Semedo could walk for free apparently if we don’t activate his clause. Not that fussed really doesn’t offer us much threat going forward. Defensively it’s taken until JL to come to actually show he’s average defender at this level. Coady 5m RAN 20m Sarabia 5m Guedes 25m Raul 5m Jonny 5m Collins 20m then add Neves or Nunes moving on maybe both 100m hopefully.

So say £160m give or take and then Fosun add another 140m we can blow our load on some quality incomings

How you replace the quality though is what matters, Hobbs hasn’t let us down yet

Last edited:

Black Country Wanderer

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
We are not going to have a fire sale as some are suggesting,its crazy
Ofc there will be sales of fringe players and those with contracts not signed,plus probably Neves
Money talks in anything, and if we get good offers for others then fine, otherwise we keep most of what we have and add 4/5 quality additions
I think thats very doable this summer even if it means a couple of loan to buys

ombyman

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Here's one...would we turn down a decent (circa 20m plus add ons) bid for Fabio?
From say Germany, Spain or France?
A bit like with Mir

SteveBullsKnee

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
A boring answer but when it comes to suprises I think it could be literally anyone in the squad barring a VERY select few. I don’t think any of his winter signings barring perhaps Sarabia will go but after that no one is “safe”.

One of the young “jewels” in RAN, Bueno or Neto could be a sacrificial lamb to keep FFP happy as regardless on summer additional investment we still need an eye on FFP.

JL added a lot in the winter and he’ll need to address that as the squad is probably bigger than he wants so there’s some very obvious out goings. I would be suprised to see 7-8 out and 4-5 in.

NottsWolves

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Quite interesting that in the 5-6 months of being here I don’t see him as having any favourites. You know the ones that play regardless of form. Pretty much everyone has been subbed at some point or not started.

Interesting to see how it pans out.

Hanbury_Wolf

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Every year, everyone thinks we need a clear out and it rarely happens for a few reasons

- High player turnover is not financially efficient. Agents fees swallow up a lot of money. So say we sell RAN for 20m and secure a replacement for 20m. We'd probably be close to 5-6m down in spite of it appearing to be a straight offset.

-quality replacements aren't readily available with guarantees of success. If we sell 5 or 6 players that are in or around the first 11, we could be stuck in a position of not being able to find adequate replacements or being gazumped by bigger teams. Risky strategy.

The major exceptions Of course when Fosun landed with money and when we were promoted.

So I'd expect 3-4 at most departures of any first team squad and roughly same incoming

OUT
Raul
Podence
Adama
Mouts retire?
Neves 50/50 depending on suitors

IN 
Silva back
Sasa fit
New RB
New wide forward /winger

I'm not sure we need to Replace Neves with Nunes, Gomes, Boubakar, Lemina

Alex Rae The Substitute

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Semedo could walk for free apparently if we don’t activate his clause. Not that fussed really doesn’t offer us much threat going forward. Defensively it’s taken until JL to come to actually show he’s average defender at this level. Coady 5m RAN 20m Sarabia 5m Guedes 25m Raul 5m Jonny 5m Collins 20m then add Neves or Nunes moving on maybe both 100m hopefully.

So say £160m give or take and then Fosun add another 140m we can blow our load on some quality incomings

How you replace the quality though is what matters, Hobbs hasn’t let us down yet

Not having a dig here mate, but I think you’re going to be very disappointed if you think we’ll spend anywhere near £300m this summer.

Unless I’ve misread what you’re saying?

lets all have a disco

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Every year, everyone thinks we need a clear out and it rarely happens for a few reasons

- High player turnover is not financially efficient. Agents fees swallow up a lot of money. So say we sell RAN for 20m and secure a replacement for 20m. We'd probably be close to 5-6m down in spite of it appearing to be a straight offset.

-quality replacements aren't readily available with guarantees of success. If we sell 5 or 6 players that are in or around the first 11, we could be stuck in a position of not being able to find adequate replacements or being gazumped by bigger teams. Risky strategy.

The major exceptions Of course when Fosun landed with money and when we were promoted.

So I'd expect 3-4 at most departures of any first team squad and roughly same incoming

OUT
Raul
Podence
Adama
Mouts retire?

IN 
Silva back
Sasa fit
New RB
New wide forward /winger

I'm the biggest happy clapper about but if we don't sign a striker and go with Costa , injured Saza , possibly mentally checked out Silva as our striking option someone needs shooting...

I'm not concerned that it will happen ...can only see 1 max out the 3 mentioned being here ....but can't believe anybody suggests we don't need revolution up front ...

No way will lopetugui not want at least 1 major signing as a striker...I think he will want 2....

Mile End Wanderer

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Not having a dig here mate, but I think you’re going to be very disappointed if you think we’ll spend anywhere near £300m this summer.

Unless I’ve misread what you’re saying?
Your right but what I reckon we could make back 160m would only need Fosun to add 140m then you have us pushing for top 6

It’s times when we need a reset and go for it or we stand still and let the likes of villa and newcastle push on we will be just a mid table club hoping to stay in the league every year if we don’t invest

Alex Rae The Substitute

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Your right but what I reckon we could make back 160m would only need Fosun to add 140m then you have us pushing for top 6

It’s times when we need a reset and go for it or we stand still and let the likes of villa and newcastle push on we will be just a mid table club hoping to stay in the league every year if we don’t invest

I’d love it if we do spend that much (spent well!)… but after our fairly expensive January window, and other than Neves a distinct lack of prized and in-form assets, we’re going to struggle to generate the required income.

Got a sneaky feeling we’ll be hearing the FFP line wheeled out a bit more again this summer.

Sincerely hope not though and we pull together the required squad!

Mile End Wanderer

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I’d love it if we do spend that much (spent well!)… but after our fairly expensive January window, and other than Neves a distinct lack of prized and in-form assets, we’re going to struggle to generate the required income.

Got a sneaky feeling we’ll be hearing the FFP line wheeled out a bit more again this summer.

Sincerely hope not though and we pull together the required squad!
We could easily spend 200 / 250m and be clear of FFP if we can sell 100m worth of players no issue

We will see if the Nunes or Neves rumours are true

ombyman

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

OUT
Raul
Podence
Adama
Mouts retire?

IN 
Silva back
Sasa fit
New RB
New wide forward /winger

Ok Sasa fit and Silva back....but surely you think we still need a first team centre forward in?!?!

Back
Top Bottom