Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

This summer’s surprise departure?

Houston Lobo

Reaction score
Barry Douglas… Doherty… Jota… Coady.

Those that either departed unexpectedly, or quickly after a brief rumour that were often initially dismissed because they appeared to be mainstays in the squad.

There hasn’t been room for sentiment in the Fosun area, and if there’s a deal to be made then they’ve done it.

Do you see one happening this summer?

My surprise would be Max Kilman.

Skrilla

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Would Podence be surprising? Not sure about that, I feel like that's been on the cards for a while. Kilman would definitely be surprising, but if Spurs or similar came in with a big bid and Julen has other targets in mind, that one wouldn't shock me.

Bueno to Man City or similar?

WolfLing

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
My surprise would be Max Kilman.

This isn't outside the realms of possibility. Particularly as there are still rumblings around David Garcia, who has played left side of 2 centre backs this season.

I suppose Kilman would be the most surprising departure other than maybe Bueno, Neto and any of the new signings from January.

Just about everyone else wouldn't really be a surprise.

Hwang maybe? I'd be surprised if we sold him prior to a tour of South Korea!!

Hanbury_Wolf

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Would Podence be surprising? Not sure about that, I feel like that's been on the cards for a while. Kilman would definitely be surprising, but if Spurs or similar came in with a big bid and Julen has other targets in mind, that one wouldn't shock me.

Bueno to Man City or similar?
I guess not, all the other 4 were guaranteed starters in the previous season(although Jota was out of form and not in the first 11)

Semedo might be a shout. He's the best right back we have, was a massive fee, but I'm pretty sure JL would live to upgrade him. I'm not trying to 'scapegoat' him but I just think we could so much better. His backing off and weak aerial ability are often targeted by opposition teams. We have 3 decent LBs currently but pretty sure we'll be in the market for a RB in the summer

Houston Lobo

Reaction score
Semedo might be a shout. He's the best right back we have, was a massive fee, but I'm pretty sure JL would live to upgrade him.

I could see his option being taken up and then sold, which would come as a surprise.

That’d leave us in the market for two right backs, which could be tricky. Could Semedo be improved upon given what we’ve invested in him and the value elsewhere? However, if Julen sees it as an opportunity to bring one of his stalwarts in, plus adding a youngster who is happy off the bench, then it could happen.

Mile End Wanderer

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
RAN 100% out the door

Reckon Kilman will get interest from Newcastle could be sold for huge fee. Collins maybe not sure JL rates him

Perton Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
A few folk have said Kilman and that would be a surprise in more ways than one, done well recently next to Dawson but lacks leadership skills and a bit of athleticism at times (very prone to getting beat by the long ball over the top), not sure who would fork out the money required for him which would naturally be inflated due to his HG status.

WolfLing

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Reckon Kilman will get interest from Newcastle could be sold for huge fee. Collins maybe not sure JL rates him

I can't see Newcastle wanting to sign a left sided central defender that would cost a lot of money, when they already have one of the best in the league in Sven Botman.

so-called fan

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
It would be a surprise in that his stock under Julen is never been higher. For versatility off the bench I now class him as an important squad player.
The latest details on the OS say Hwang is looking forward to the tour, so if he's being sold nobody has told him yet. :)

northnorfolkwolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
In today's game and environment no transfer would surprise me tbh. I'm expecting Traore, Neves, Jimenez and Guedes to go and possibly Nunes, Semedo RAN and Costa , and hopefully Podence. I don't see any big (wow!) surprises tbh; I think the bulk of the defence will stay, Gomes and Lemina in mf and Cunha, Hwang and Neto up top. I think any surprises will be incoming.

Mile End Wanderer

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I can't see Newcastle wanting to sign a left sided central defender that would cost a lot of money, when they already have one of the best in the league in Sven Botman.
Kilman can play on the right he has done for us in back 3 spurs also interested. I reckon we will sign Garcia that means Collins could be on his bike interesting times ahead. Toti must be kept for his passion we need fighters like him

Scallywolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Lopetegui
I sincerely hope not!

I think the only way that happens will be if he isn’t backed in the transfer window and we will know pretty soon after the season ends if that happens. After the brilliant job Julen has done, he deserves Fosuns full backing to make sure we can compete in the top half of the Premier League again.

Easy for me to say I know, but after waiting so long to finally invest and get him and his team, how stupid would it be to lose him.

Exciting times await if he stays. I sincerely hope he does and for a long time.

Scallywolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
This. I saw an article last night saying he'd be ideal for Spurs or Chelsea?
That’s Garth ******* Crooks opening his gob!

Julen can make a big name for himself with us and have some stability in his career.

Why go to clubs like those 2 when his job and career is on the line after a couple of bad results?

Hopefully JL will want to build something at the Golden Palace and Fosun will back him.

OLDGOLD

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Sarabia or RAN, maybe both, would not surprise me too much. Dont think Nunes or Pod would be much of a surprise either. Hope it's not Bueno, he's a quality player

Back
Top Bottom