Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Podence.

Fenrir_

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Sounds odd to me…put forward his case? Surely the accusers must put forward their case first and he then can answer it? He cannot be expected to answer the allegation unless the evidence is made available first?… I know this is the FA abut it seems odd that forest can bring a case and Podence be expected put forward a case without seeing the evidence and being able to cross examine witnesses or call rebuttal witnesses. And I assume the the sweet FA have accepted a prima facie case has been made before bringing charges? Or are charges brought based on allegations
Should have put "respond to the charge"

SteveBullsKnee

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Is the hearing tomorrow
I believe so. I’m sure it’ll last 3 minutes and Podence will get a 6 match ban even though there’s zero evidence of him actually spitting. I’m as far from a conspiracy theorist but it’s hard to ignore what looks like continual injustice against us this season by inept officials

wolfslair

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
It is getting to the point where referees need to be microphoned up so we the great unwashed can hear them in the ground and on TV, as well as show the replay as they see it on the big screen just like rugby! Then make them explain it personally or in press release question and answer sessions.

Being honest it is the Only way to either rule out the notions of; unconscious bias, conspiracy that it is us getting bad calls on purpose or simply gross incompetence that the refs don’t want to make a call that gets overturned and they get slaughtered by the paying punters or the VAR official not wanting to change it due to the fact they are meant to be the one with ZERO excuse to get it wrong, just incase they are and they are hung out to dry by the pundits and social media.

But the last two show that referees need a radical performance review and upskilling in pre-season and i think it is the last ones about being too scared to make the big call and because BOTH bottle the call, it is getting beyond a joke. The ref on the pitch is using it too much like a crutch, but the crutch doesn’t want to make too many big calls that change the decision if they can be seen as wrong in some way.

Total joke…..

This Podence witch hunt is on the same lines…..

REF - didn’t see any evidence of crime
LINO - didn’t see any evidence of crime
VAR - didn’t see any evidence of crime

So now the powers that be, that didn’t punish us enough on the day or over the season are stepping in and actually demonstrating that there is a very very conscious bias where wolves are involved by progressing this case.

Just look at their breakdown of the caraboa cup debacle! MGW is accused of trying to start physical fights by a few wolves players but our manager who only has strong words is the main issue…..

EXPLAIN THAT…..

Perton Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I believe so. I’m sure it’ll last 3 minutes and Podence will get a 6 match ban even though there’s zero evidence of him actually spitting. I’m as far from a conspiracy theorist but it’s hard to ignore what looks like continual injustice against us this season by inept officials
You do sound like one a bit though, especially considering the panel tomorrow will be made up of ex-players rather than match officials.

Beijing Wolf

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
I 100% agree.

This whole thing is wrong.

We have video showing he didn’t spit and even the alleged “victim” said after the game that Podence did not spit. Yet somehow this has been allowed to progress. It stinks!

Aurum Lupus

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I 100% agree.

This whole thing is wrong.

We have video showing he didn’t spit and even the alleged “victim” said after the game that Podence did not spit. Yet somehow this has been allowed to progress. It stinks!
I think the problem is the video doesn't show spit, but that doesn't prove there wasn't any. Not disagreeing with the whole thing being wrong though.

Gazebowolf

Groupie
Reaction score
It is getting to the point where referees need to be microphoned up so we the great unwashed can hear them in the ground and on TV, as well as show the replay as they see it on the big screen just like rugby! Then make them explain it personally or in press release question and answer sessions.

Being honest it is the Only way to either rule out the notions of; unconscious bias, conspiracy that it is us getting bad calls on purpose or simply gross incompetence that the refs don’t want to make a call that gets overturned and they get slaughtered by the paying punters or the VAR official not wanting to change it due to the fact they are meant to be the one with ZERO excuse to get it wrong, just incase they are and they are hung out to dry by the pundits and social media.

But the last two show that referees need a radical performance review and upskilling in pre-season and i think it is the last ones about being too scared to make the big call and because BOTH bottle the call, it is getting beyond a joke. The ref on the pitch is using it too much like a crutch, but the crutch doesn’t want to make too many big calls that change the decision if they can be seen as wrong in some way.

Total joke…..

This Podence witch hunt is on the same lines…..

REF - didn’t see any evidence of crime
LINO - didn’t see any evidence of crime
VAR - didn’t see any evidence of crime

So now the powers that be, that didn’t punish us enough on the day or over the season are stepping in and actually demonstrating that there is a very very conscious bias where wolves are involved by progressing this case.

Just look at their breakdown of the caraboa cup debacle! MGW is accused of trying to start physical fights by a few wolves players but our manager who only has strong words is the main issue…..

EXPLAIN THAT…..
There is so much thatbis factually wrong within this comment that I don't even know where to begin, to actually pick the bones. It is no wonder that referee's are under so much scrutiny and receive so much criticism and abuse when football fans don't understand even the basics.

Arky_R

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
I think regardless of whether something did or didn’t come out they’ll want to set an example. Who better to do it against!

DJW

Reaction score
I think the problem is the video doesn't show spit, but that doesn't prove there wasn't any. Not disagreeing with the whole thing being wrong though.
I think for a 'conviction' you would have to prove there was. The defence would not have to prove there wasn't. Maybe.

VancouverWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I’m not sure of this but would the actions of a fake spit be interpreted as unsportsmanlike conduct? Any different than giving the finger to a player?

Wednesbury Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I think regardless of whether something did or didn’t come out they’ll want to set an example. Who better to do it against!
Once Hackett said to the FA we should be made an example of we all knew which way it would go. As the panel can include ex refs on it how jolly it will be if he's actually on it.

Last edited:

Eastyorksyeltz

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I’m not sure of this but would the actions of a fake spit be interpreted as unsportsmanlike conduct? Any different than giving the finger to a player?
I think this will be something like the end result. Not really mattering if he did or didn't and quite rightly punishing the stupidity of the reaction itself.

DJW

Reaction score
You just say 'I was blowing him over to take the micky of how easy he goes down' Prove I wasn't?

GoldenHorseshoe

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Would this be a real finger or a fake finger?

I.e. scratching the side of your nose with your middle finger?

I had an itch that had to be scratched your honour

wolfslair

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
There is so much thatbis factually wrong within this comment that I don't even know where to begin, to actually pick the bones. It is no wonder that referee's are under so much scrutiny and receive so much criticism and abuse when football fans don't understand even the basics.
The stats of 4 players of five being booked were black, isn’t wrong.

Did he yellow card either white player remonstrating in a far more aggressive manor? Or the black player he barely saw? And the line trotted out by the PGMOL at half time wasn’t the “third player gets booked” rule that we haven’t seen get used so many times since. We have seen a white player from Man Utd lay hands on an official which is far worse than lemina with no punishment.

Semedo didn’t foul the guy for his card… watch it back.

The optics don’t look good!

Gazebowolf

Groupie
Reaction score

Did he yellow card either white player remonstrating in a far more aggressive manor? Or the black player he barely saw? And the line trotted out by the PGMOL at half time wasn’t the “third player gets booked” rule that we haven’t seen get used so many times since. We have seen a white player from Man Utd lay hands on an official which is far worse than lemina with no punishment.

So you aren't just happy suggesting that referee's are corrupt you are now claiming they a racist. That is one serious and potentially libelous allegation.

Gazebowolf

Groupie
Reaction score

Also the PGMOL don't release statements at half time, you seem to be taking everything as what the media claim as gospel, and that is exactly what I meant when referees are under so much pressure and scrutiny, as a lot of what is said in the football media regarding referees is totally incorrect. Even on MOTD it soon becomes apparent that the pundits don't know the laws of the game, and from listening to Matt Doherty's comments earlier this season it seems even current players don't know them either.

old wittonian

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Also the PGMOL don't release statements at half time, you seem to be taking everything as what the media claim as gospel, and that is exactly what I meant when referees are under so much pressure and scrutiny, as a lot of what is said in the football media regarding referees is totally incorrect. Even on MOTD it soon becomes apparent that the pundits don't know the laws of the game, and from listening to Matt Doherty's comments earlier this season it seems even current players don't know them either.
Seeing some of the officials this season neither do they. Their apologies prove that.

Last edited:

wolfslair

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Actually yes the PGMOL do give answers on why cards are given……

Bawtry Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
If Podence had spat and it landed on Johnson I am fairly certain he would have pointed it out to the ref and a camera would have seen it. I am also sure MGW with his eyes in the back of his head would have seen it as well. There are enough cameras at football games to pick up everything except dodgy offside calls at Anfield when they mysteriously fail to work. I have never seen a case such as this where there isn’t damning evidence, Johnson claiming he was spat at should be treated the same as the whiney kid at school who tries to get others into trouble, ignore and hope he gets a kicking outside of school.

It’s a farce being used by a tin pot club with a tin pot owner to try and hinder a potential competitor.

SteveBullsKnee

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
You do sound like one a bit though, especially considering the panel tomorrow will be made up of ex-players rather than match officials.
So these ex players will watch a load of video footage that shows no spit. They’ll hear evidence from a Brennan Johnson who straight afterwards said he wasn’t spit at and then speak to Morgan Gibbs-White who was facing the opposite way and then decide he’s guilty. If that isn’t a conspiracy I don’t know what is.

Aurum Lupus

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
If Podence had spat and it landed on Johnson I am fairly certain he would have pointed it out to the ref and a camera would have seen it. I am also sure MGW with his eyes in the back of his head would have seen it as well. There are enough cameras at football games to pick up everything except dodgy offside calls at Anfield when they mysteriously fail to work. I have never seen a case such as this where there isn’t damning evidence, Johnson claiming he was spat at should be treated the same as the whiney kid at school who tries to get others into trouble, ignore and hope he gets a kicking outside of school.

It’s a farce being used by a tin pot club with a tin pot owner to try and hinder a potential competitor.
I dont disagree

thommo1984

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
then speak to Morgan Gibbs-White who was facing the opposite way
We should probably stop repeating this in every post when it's proven to be nonsense. There's one still image where's he looking away but he was right there and it doesn't do much for our case when we just make stuff up.

Screenshot 2023-04-18 at 18.40.43.png

Bawtry Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
We should probably stop repeating this in every post when it's proven to be nonsense. There's one still image where's he looking away but he was right there and it doesn't do much for our case when we just make stuff up.

View attachment 34174
So what has Forest’s number 21 got to say as he’s got an even better view than MGW?

Also looks more like a blowing action than a spitting action to me. You don’t puff your cheeks out like that to spit.

Fenrir_

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

View attachment 34174
Not strictly nonsense. Podence blows twice, once when Gibbs-White is looking away and once when he's looking in the right direction. The first blow is also from about 8ft away from Johnson, the second is much closer

We've seen Podence spit enough to know that if he was trying to spit, he'd get it right with two attempts at it

Can't find a video on a quick look but nobody can tell me these incidents are one and the same

Screenshot_20230418_185255_Google.jpg

Screenshot_20230418_185537_Twitter.jpg

Last edited:

thommo1984

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Not strictly nonsense. Podence blows twice, once when Gibbs-White is looking away and once when he's looking in the right direction. The first blow is also from about 8ft away from Johnson, the second is much closer

We've seen Podence spit enough to know that if he was trying to spit, he'd get it right with two attempts at it

Can't find a video on a quick look but nobody can tell me these incidents are one and the same

View attachment 34175

View attachment 34176
And MGW is staring straight at the close one, which was my point.

You don’t puff your cheeks out like that to spit.
Don’t get this line of arguing either, it’s a pretty common way to spit.

derbyrameater

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

View attachment 34174

Unless MGW has got optics that defy nature he can't see Podence with Johnson in front of him and a good deal taller .

Stop press..MGW can bend light !

AndyY

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
It does seem a little like my time in the Royal Navy when a Matelot had to go in front of the Captain to answer for alleged misdemeanours, the equivalent of magistrates court known as “Captains Table”; or colloquially characterised as “March in the guilty *******”!

Sussex Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

I don’t think it was a fake spit for the simple reason, why would anyone do a fake spit? It doesn’t even look like a fake spit in the videos and images. He’s blowing - his cheeks are puffed out. It’s either a comment on Johnson falling in over to win fouls, which he did in that game and in other games and been carded for it. Or it’s a big bad Wolf imitation - as in I’ll blow your house down.

A few people seem intent on looking for ways of finding the worst possible interpretation for his actions.

Timberwolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Could cost us the season.
Then we take that chance.
To be honest if we go down, it won’t be because of Podence’s absence. We have enough about us to stay up without him.
Personally speaking, if anyone went to spit at me, his jaw would be in two before his cheeks deflated.

VancouverWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I don’t think it was a fake spit for the simple reason, why would anyone do a fake spit? It doesn’t even look like a fake spit in the videos and images. He’s blowing - his cheeks are puffed out. It’s either a comment on Johnson falling in over to win fouls, which he did in that game and in other games and been carded for it. Or it’s a big bad Wolf imitation - as in I’ll blow your house down.

A few people seem intent on looking for ways of finding the worst possible interpretation for his actions.
I was only trying to understand the reasoning for the ‘inquiry’ and not trying to judge Podence at all.

Back
Top Bottom