Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

MOTD short format 11.03.2023

Shergar

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
What is not to like about It?

All the chances, decisions and goals delivered and replayed in a timely manner.
No gushing drawn out punditry on ‘the 6’
No ALOB analysis from a studio guest who is annoying (I’m thinking Jenas on this occasion)
No screeching female commentators.
No time doze off, blink and you miss it.

It’s a thumbs up from me.

QB Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I usually watch MOTD on catch-up watch the football and fast forward through all interviews and punditry, apart from Wolves where I’ll watch it all, sometimes more than once. Occasionally I’ll watch the whole program.

I like having that flexibility.

Wonder Boyo

Yma O Hyd
Reaction score

No ALOB analysis from a studio guest who is annoying (I’m thinking Jenas on this occasion)

Lots of real feverent football fans agree with you and absolutely loved the new format. It's obviously the way forward for the future. The people have spoken.

sedgwolf1980

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
With the development of things like sky plus and iPlayer etc, reality is other than our own games when we win, i fast forward every single bit of punditry and analysis. Ironically though, I still think that very same punditry and analysis is the heartbeat of the show.

Soulless without it.

Rufio

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
I fast forward through the pundits and skip to the games. I normally even mute the commentators cos they’re annoying. So this weeks fare is no change for me

JadeWolf

Official Noddy pre match thread starter.
Reaction score
I only ever watch it when Wolves are on and we win. So I’ve hardly watched it this year!

Agree with the idea above though, if you just want the games with no analysis, just watch the YouTube highlights of each game back to back once they’re loaded about 6pm.

waveney wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Switched it off after Leicester-Chelsea. Thumbs down from me. I like the analysis which is generally of high quality when Shearer and Wright are doing it. The BBC will live to regret this if it carries on.
Big thumbs down for me too.
Just got up early on Sunday to watch it ,,20 mins of silence ...may as well watched YouTube highlights last night.
Not what I pay my TV licence for BBC

acsmith117

Groupie
Reaction score
Why couldn’t they play the theme tune?
As for the program.. didn’t miss the punditry but a bit of commentary would have been nice.
Roll on Amazon/BT grabbing more of their slice of the pie.

Bryce

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
After all of Jamie Carragher is crowing last week when Liverpool stuffed Manchester United I love the tweet from Gary Neville today. He tweeted” with no one on final score today I thought I would bring you the early kickoff result Bournemouth one Liverpool nil and they’re playing so well!”
Never misses an opportunity that one

Mutchy

Administrator
Reaction score

A real shame you included the blatant sexism.

Dr Wolfenstein

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I haven’t seen it yet, but does anyone remember when the same thing happened to Top of the Pops back in the eighties? (I think) , the presenters all went on strike so they just showed all of the acts without any of the moronic banter, it was way better.
The format certainly needs shaking up, the old boys club getting a wake up call.

Seem to recall Channel 4 pioneering this sort of stuff in the UK with pop videos introduced by computers & information via onscreen graphics; a format the BBC & others use in compilation shows of various musical categories utilising old TOTP & OGWT footage-the opposite of all the talking head compilation programmes (eg Worst TV Moments etc) which are interspersed with chat by annoying self-alleged 'comedians' talking fondly about clips which they were too young to see the first time.

But maybe there's only so much dry soulessness people can take, before they need the reassuring sound of a human voice.

Wonder Boyo

Yma O Hyd
Reaction score
The format certainly needs shaking up, the old boys club getting a wake up call.

Seem to recall Channel 4 pioneering this sort of stuff in the UK with pop videos introduced by computers & information via onscreen graphics; a format the BBC & others use in compilation shows of various musical categories utilising old TOTP & OGWT footage-the opposite of all the talking head compilation programmes (eg Worst TV Moments etc) which are interspersed with chat by annoying self-alleged 'comedians' talking fondly about clips which they were too young to see the first time.

But maybe there's only so much dry soulessness people can take, before they need the reassuring sound of a human voice.
Give it to Max Headroom until the end of the season.

jrpb-3

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Down from around a hot and a half to 20 mins, shows how much fill there is normally. Needed some commentary. Maybe shows that normally there is a bit too much analysis?

QB Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Just watched it, missed the commentary, just to hear the players names, I know a lot of them but not all these days.

QB Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Why couldn’t they play the theme tune?
As for the program.. didn’t miss the punditry but a bit of commentary would have been nice.
Roll on Amazon/BT grabbing more of their slice of the pie.
Probably because it wasn’t match of the day, it was just a highlights show.

Spitfire

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
They could have used the PL international feed commentary.

Big Saft Kid

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Lots of real feverent football fans agree with you and absolutely loved the new format. It's obviously the way forward for the future. The people have spoken.

John Redwood tweeting about football ??!!! I have met the man several times, even played cricket against him, and I know for a fact that he has no interest whatsoever in football. Don't be fooled, his 'contribution' is all about politics.

Last edited:

SingYourHeartsOut

"Its less confusing with a smaller brain"
Reaction score
John Redwood tweeting about football ??!!! I have met the man several times, even played cricket against him, and he has no interest whatsoever in football. Don't be fooled, his 'contribution' is all about politics.
As is anyone on here saying it was good. Anyone can click down their phone on 6 notifications and watch those highlights with commentary. I understand some people don't like the punditry, but I'm mystified why those people would ever watch (fast forwarding or not).

Ned

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
If they kept last night’s format but with commentary then it would be ideal for me. I usually watch in the morning and fast forward all the second rate punditry. Show more of the games, a few more replays of key moments and we don’t need the analysis.

Maybe have an in depth analysis show on the iPlayer separately in the week.

But yea, last night was the first MOTD I’d watched in full with no fast forwarding.

The Wolf In The North

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Was a shame it was all so rushed. You don't need commentators to be able to put up team-sheets before each match, for example. It was just very weird, and rather pointless - and it was noticeable that, without individual commentary (regardless of whether you like particular commentators or not) and team-sheets and narrative, all the matches blurred together.

The whole situation is a mess, the BBC have dug themselves a hole they're going to struggle to climb out of, and snakeskin politicians tweeting about how it was "a breath of fresh air" when they wouldn't be able to name more than two PL clubs if they were asked, absolutely makes the skin crawl.

CelebrityWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Out of curiosity, how many here watch other clubs highlights or even games?

Living in the US we don't really have a MotD style show and i can honestly say i have rarely for nigh on ten years watched another clubs game unless it involves Wolves.

lets all have a disco

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Off course the show and football needs commentators , they can do away with the 'expert 'co commentator's who ruin it....but the reason I don't watch match of the day is there is too much punditory......last night showed exactly what it is....20 mins football ..that's all. . It's normally 40 mins of waffle on top....

Personally don't care what the likes of Lineker, shearer , wright and all the rabble on sky think ....if they knew what there were on about they would be involved in the game , instead of talking the easy option to 'talk' about it ..

Back
Top Bottom