Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

January 23 Transfer Window Thread

JOSWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Trouble with signing a striker like him, unless it's a short-term loan, is we will then go into next season with 2 bean-pole striker options.

Need more of an all-rounder for me.

I tend to agree. We need a Tammy Abraham style no 9. Moffi is the one I like or someone similar.

Houston Lobo

Reaction score
I know it's a big step up for the lad but in his favour is he'll understand the physicality and pace of English football as well as the climate and culture of this fair isle.

From our perspective he looks very direct and has a decent bit of strength, and what I like is he hits his shots nice and early.

He offers something different to what we have.
Agree with this.

It may not need to be him… it may even be a different profile of a number 9… but we need someone that offers something different. Especially off the bench with more choice now.

Raul, Costa similar. Similar form and output at the moment too, for different reasons. Plus doubtful both will be here beyond the end of the season.

WolfLing

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
We were linked for an early January move for Mariano Diaz from Real Madrid.

Reports a few weeks ago were that he was staying until the summer to see his contract out.

He's played 25 minutes for them all season, with his last appearance being on 7th November.

Latest reports are that Lazio want him on a free.

Could be on the move late in the window, but probably wouldn't be ready to play straight away.

Very Proud (AKA Still Proud)

Prouder than a proud thing in Proudville
Reaction score
We were linked for an early January move for Mariano Diaz from Real Madrid.

Reports a few weeks ago were that he was staying until the summer to see his contract out.

He's played 25 minutes for them all season, with his last appearance being on 7th November.

Latest reports are that Lazio want him on a free.

Could be on the move late in the window, but probably wouldn't be ready to play straight away.
Sounds like a win:win, straightforward loan and he has an opportunity to put himself in the shop window.

wolfslair

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
The next mf being gomes makes sense as we just didn’t have any real presence or control of the midfield.

There are issues right down the spine of the team and we are building a whole squad rather than 11 starters and 2/3 options off the bench when all fit like we had to deal with causing so many of our issues when the injury bug has hit us like it has the last two seasons.

So if you think we aren’t improving the squad you are very very wrong. It is a squad game now akin to “finishers” in rugby with the 5 sub rules in place so we need 17/18 quality players in the squad to cover all eventualities and injuries which is something we haven’t been able to say for coming up to 3 years.

Great to see we are getting it correct on squad size and quality in the depth charts

WolfInSheep'sClothing

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Yeah, agree, he's close. But Dawson gets the honour on consistency and longevity for me.

Dawson and Collins easily our best partnership and excited to see them in action together.
I'm not as excited as I think Collins looks better than he is, and think Kilman has been consistently our best centre back since he came into the eleven. To me our decision making transfer wise in defence this season has been weird.

NorthWestWolf

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
It's interesting he's adamant on a move here, you'd think Lyon would be the bigger pull or at least equal. Can only be good news for our prospects going forward if he's been told/promised something exciting.

WolfLing

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Sounds like a win:win, straightforward loan and he has an opportunity to put himself in the shop window.

They won't loan him. It would be like us loaning Traore out to see out his contract elsewhere, might have happened under Sellars, but wouldn't happen now as there is no benefit to us at all.

Might take a small nominal fee to do business now.

WolfLing

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
It's interesting he's adamant on a move here, you'd think Lyon would be the bigger pull or at least equal. Can only be good news for our prospects going forward if he's been told/promised something exciting.

I wonder if it's anything to do with Gabigol?!

WolfInSheep'sClothing

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Could it be...that we are offering more money?

Reaction score
It's so tough.

Maybe look at proven PL goalscorers?

Lukaku? Ask Chelsea to end his loan at Inter?

Abraham? Test Roma's resolve with a big bid?

Or do you go more short-term? Dzecko, Arnautovic or Giroud?

Or budget? Troy Deeney? Josh King? Or Pukki?!
Id sooner be fisted by an elephant than see Deeney in a Wolves shirt. Horrible bloke.

St.Simon.

Reaction score
With all these suggestions for the much needed striker, I'm wondering why nobody fancies Wissam Ben Yedder. OK...he's a 32 y.o., and is not very big, but he scores for fun and still starts for Monaco I believe. Imo he could certainly solve our problems for a season or two, and with the Monaco/Mendes connection might not be expensive. Or am I missing something?

Northampton_wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
With all these suggestions for the much needed striker, I'm wondering why nobody fancies Wissam Ben Yedder. OK...he's a 32 y.o., and is not very big, but he scores for fun and still starts for Monaco I believe. Imo he could certainly solve our problems for a season or two, and with the Monaco/Mendes connection might not be expensive. Or am I missing something?
Would be a good signing

Skrilla

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I understand the MO in this window has been proven experience, but proven goalscorers with experience in this league are sparse and in high demand. The net needs to be cast wider, every signing is a gamble, but we need to identify a striker with the right attributes to lead the line. A strong #9 that can play with his back to goal with good feet and good instincts.

Getting a top striker in this window is going to cost a pretty penny, but I'm sure the cost of relegation would be far greater than anything we'd have to potentially pay now, especially after what we just paid for Cunha.

Dream - Goncalo Ramos, Evanilson

Expensive but maybe realistic (older) - Verat Muriqi, Niclas Fullkrug

Expensive but maybe realistic (younger) - Breel Embolo, Terem Moffi, Enes Unal

Not expensive, but would they move the needle - Viktor Gyokeres, Ludovic Ajorque

WolfLing

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I understand the MO in this window has been proven experience, but proven goalscorers with experience in this league are sparse and in high demand. The net needs to be cast wider, every signing is a gamble, but we need to identify a striker with the right attributes to lead the line. A strong #9 that can play with his back to goal with good feet and good instincts.

Getting a top striker in this window is going to cost a pretty penny, but I'm sure the cost of relegation would be far greater than anything we'd have to potentially pay now, especially after what we just paid for Cunha.

Dream - Goncalo Ramos, Evanilson

Expensive but maybe realistic (older) - Verat Muriqi, Niclas Fullkrug

Expensive but maybe realistic (younger) - Breel Embolo, Terem Moffi, Enes Unal

Not expensive, but would they move the needle - Viktor Gyokeres, Ludovic Ajorque

One who hasn't been mentioned, but is probably worth throwing into the mix, is Montpellier's Elye Wahi.

Just turned 20, 7 goals already this season, tracked by a few Premier League clubs including Arsenal, wouldn't form part of the 17 foreign players this season and most importantly for us, he's a Mendes/Gestifute client.

Northampton_wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
One who hasn't been mentioned, but is probably worth throwing into the mix, is Montpellier's Elye Wahi.

Just turned 20, 7 goals already this season, tracked by a few Premier League clubs including Arsenal, but most importantly for us, he's a Mendes/Gestifute client.
Dont know if he fails the no ********* policy

In October 2021, a 22-year old woman filed a legal complaint against Wahi for violence that resulted in her being incapable to work. She claimed that he had punched her in the nose during an evening out at the L'Entrepôt nightclub in Lattes, Hérault, in the night of 12–13 September a month earlier.[8] The woman received treatment from emergency services due to the violence.[9]

In November 2021, it was revealed by investigative reporter Romain Molina that Wahi had been expelled from Caen's youth academy for allegedly pressuring secondary school students to masturbate in front of him in the bathrooms.

Flump

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

The only thing you're missing is that he's consistently mentioned by people on here!

StaffordWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

In October 2021, a 22-year old woman filed a legal complaint against Wahi for violence that resulted in her being incapable to work. She claimed that he had punched her in the nose during an evening out at the L'Entrepôt nightclub in Lattes, Hérault, in the night of 12–13 September a month earlier.[8] The woman received treatment from emergency services due to the violence.[9]

In November 2021, it was revealed by investigative reporter Romain Molina that Wahi had been expelled from Caen's youth academy for allegedly pressuring secondary school students to masturbate in front of him in the bathrooms.
Don't want him near our club if that's the case.

Skrilla

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

Just turned 20, 7 goals already this season, tracked by a few Premier League clubs including Arsenal, wouldn't form part of the 17 foreign players this season and most importantly for us, he's a Mendes/Gestifute client.
Not sure he fits the profile of a true #9, and as said above, done some dodgy stuff in his past.

WolfLing

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

Wow. Yeah, not sure how our squad would feel about potential sex-offenders. Also explains the links to Everton!!!

Northampton_wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
some journos were saying it was a done deal but sky suggesting not so quick

Hooever maybe also on the move

Fabio Silva wants PSV Eindhoven move​

Wolves striker Fabio Silva is pushing to end his loan spell at Anderlecht to get a move to PSV Eindhoven.
However, Sky Sports News has been told there is no recall option on his loan and for any deal to happen, it would require all THREE clubs to come to an agreement.
Anderlecht would have to agree for him to return to Wolves and would want to be suitably compensated - before any deal could be struck with PSV.
PSV are in the market for forwards having sold Cody Gakpo and Noni Madueke to Liverpool and Chelsea respectively earlier this month.
If a deal can be agreed, Wolves right-back Ki-Jana Hoever could return to Wolves as part of the move.
He would then likely go on loan to a new club as his playing time at PSV has been limited – he started twice in the League this season.

goldeneyed

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

He clearly likes rubbing people up the wrong way.

Ginger Chimp

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

I think that’s likely to be a failure.

TheRetroChief

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

Never heard of the bloke, let alone know about his temprament. But, just for the sake of fairness....this could be completely fabricated and all be the work of an Amber Heard. Just saying. We do love to cancel someone at the drop of a hat these days without any facts and totally on hearsay. Of course he could have been found guilty of these things, in which case disregard the above and it's a big No thanks from me. As you were.

Reaction score
There aren't any that will come to us. Even those who played in the PL longer ago are few and far between, when you take out the ones who definitely ain't coming like Abraham, Lacazette, Arnautovic, Giroud, Dzeko, Lukaku, Morata etc. you're left with:

Gerard Deulofeu - not really the profile I'd have thought we would be looking for, seems we are tracking him anyway
Lukas Nmecha - 4 goals in Germany, could be an option
Vincent Janssen - banging them in in a farmers league
Divock Origi - 1 goal in 11 in Italy
Andrej Kramaric - didn't set the world alight at Leicester
Cenk Tosun - don't think he'd come
Georges- Kevin N'Koudou - more a winger but good hit rate in Turkey
Martin Braithwaite - don't think he'd come
Chicharito - don't think he'd give up an easy life in the MLS
Aboubakar Kamara - injured and crap
Salomon Rondon - without a club for a reason
Olarenwaju Kayode - hardly prolific
Fabio Borini - not an improvement on what we have
Albian Ajeti - 2 in 9 in the Austrian league. Managed two goals the previous season for Celtic (both against Ross County)
Andy Delort - failed at Wigan
Viktor Fischer - more a winger these days and hated England IIRC
Mame Biram Diouf - older than Costa
Ally Samatta - crap
Steve Mounie - failed at Huddersfield
Jonathan Kodija - coining it in in Saudi
Guido Carrillo - on a downward trajectory
Manolo Gabbiadini - another Cutrone
Daniel Sturridge - I'd rather not
Patrick Cutrone - ahem

The obvious one is Fabio Silva, but we've decided against that.
Ademola Lookman?

Hawkguy

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
some journos were saying it was a done deal but sky suggesting not so quick

Hooever maybe also on the move

Fabio Silva wants PSV Eindhoven move​

Wolves striker Fabio Silva is pushing to end his loan spell at Anderlecht to get a move to PSV Eindhoven.
However, Sky Sports News has been told there is no recall option on his loan and for any deal to happen, it would require all THREE clubs to come to an agreement.
Anderlecht would have to agree for him to return to Wolves and would want to be suitably compensated - before any deal could be struck with PSV.
PSV are in the market for forwards having sold Cody Gakpo and Noni Madueke to Liverpool and Chelsea respectively earlier this month.
If a deal can be agreed, Wolves right-back Ki-Jana Hoever could return to Wolves as part of the move.
He would then likely go on loan to a new club as his playing time at PSV has been limited – he started twice in the League this season.
Doesn't that seem like a trade then?

Silva to PSV. Hoever to Anderlecht (we pay his wages).

SA Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Doesn't that seem like a trade then?

Silva to PSV. Hoever to Anderlecht (we pay his wages).
Thanks for that. I read the original article as far as the penultimate sentence and broke down crying so much, I couldn't read any further - phew!!!

Back
Top Bottom