Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Marriner

JadeWolf

Official Noddy pre match thread starter.
Reaction score
Can I try to add some perspective. If he'd given that dubious handball FK right at the end for Liverpool many on here would have claimed cheat, bias, corrupt etc but as he gave it for us it's conveniently not mentioned. That Neves FK could have equalised the score and we would have gone into ET. Just saying.
He was awful. Having Right Said Fred running the line didn’t help either.

Oh When the Wolves

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Terrible all night
Can I try to add some perspective. If he'd given that dubious handball FK right at the end for Liverpool many on here would have claimed cheat, bias, corrupt etc but as he gave it for us it's conveniently not mentioned. That Neves FK could have equalised the score and we would have gone into ET. Just saying.
Dubious? He slapped the ball

RichB

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Not the reason we lost tonight though, **** and inconsistent though he was.

Yeah he was **** tonight but we can’t blame him or var tonight. Totally agree.

Poor tactics/lineup which is on JL unfortunately (first time I think he’s truly ****ed up)

Poor performances from so many tonight.

The only people who can escape criticism in my opinion are Semedo, Collins, Toti, Neves, Cunha and to be fair Costa at least had a sort of use when he came on.

Particularly bad tonight - Traore, Sa

glorybox

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
It was actually double handball.

Big Saft Kid

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I saw two clear corners given as goal kicks to Liverpool despite protests.. doesn’t mean linesman and ref are biased. But does mean they are incompetent
It means they sometimes get things wrong. Like the players

MikeH68

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
They will just laugh at us. Stop blaming the ****ing refs.
I’m coming away from virtually every game having an issue with decisions or performance, Irrespective of our performance or display. I had concerns coming into tonight’s game, whilst not game changing (but you will never know - counter attacks brought to a quick end and no yellow awarded), still begs the question why is a Villa fan allowed to officiate in our games?

Big Saft Kid

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I’m coming away from virtually every game having an issue with decisions or performance, Irrespective of our performance or display. I had concerns coming into tonight’s game, whilst not game changing (but you will never know - counter attacks brought to a quick end and no yellow awarded), still begs the question why is a Villa fan allowed to officiate in our games?
So are the fans of other clubs. I don't see why the fact of him being a Villa fan should be a factor. Whether a ref is biased against a club isn't necessarily because he is a fan of one 15 miles away. Dean is from a town 80 miles away, and is a Tranmere fan, and people reckon he has it in for us. Where do you draw the line, and how do you find out about any personal biases?

MikeH68

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
So are the fans of other clubs. I don't see why the fact of him being a Villa fan should be a factor. Whether a ref is biased against a club isn't necessarily because he is a fan of one 15 miles away. Dean is from a town 80 miles away, and is a Tranmere fan, and people reckon he has it in for us. Where do you draw the line, and how do you find out about any personal biases?
It’s to close to home, he can’t overcome the biases. Surely Mike Dean (correct me if I’m wrong?) his two sons are Liverpool season ticket holders, it’s not giving you confidence in the system.

Titch

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
As soon as they had done two fouls to break up a counter attack and not get a card, I said we will get a booking the first one we do, it happens all the time:mad:

JadeWolf

Official Noddy pre match thread starter.
Reaction score
I’ve just remembered the one where their left back fell over slowly in about three stages, the whole stadium was laughing at him, then the ref gave the free kick.

It’s a real cop out to suggest “the referee isn’t the reason we lost”. I don’t think I’ve read a single comment to say he was. But time and time and time again we’re getting referees who aren’t good enough, strong enough, fit enough, making poor decisions. We shouldn’t just accept it because we weren’t very good ourselves.

goldfish

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
And Cunha dived for Neves' other free kick.

He made odd decisions that favoured both sides. Some of the calls he got real derision for were right though.

DanishWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
It’s to close to home, he can’t overcome the biases. Surely Mike Dean (correct me if I’m wrong?) his two sons are Liverpool season ticket holders, it’s not giving you confidence in the system.
They are but he's a Tranmere fan though.

I do agree though that a Villa fan shouldn't be referreing Wolves games.

Hot Fuss

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Give it a rest. We sink to the ground like sacks of **** looking for free kicks constantly. Toughen up and get on with game.
Podence rolling about with 5 minutes to go instead of getting on with the game.

I honestly wonder how much of my life Iv spent watching Daniel Podence lying down on a football pitch since he signed. Must be up to a couple of days by now.

Bacon Sandwich

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Psychologists call this an 'external locus of control.' Basically, you think someone else is in control of your life.

We lost last night because we were crap: because Jimenez, Moutinho and Jonny are done. Because we showed no fight.

Yes, the refs are incompetent. Yes, there is an unconscious bias towards the big teams. But to suggest there is a deliberate anti-Wolves agenda is just nonsense.

bigwolf

Reaction score
They are but he's a Tranmere fan though.

I do agree though that a Villa fan shouldn't be referreing Wolves games.

Why on earth would a professional employee not be allowed to ref our game?

The ongoing narrative about refs having an agenda against us and being corrupt is getting nauseating.

Do they mistakes? Yes. Do they have poor games? Yes. Has VAR failed us? Yes. But we are all getting carried away like a collective Karen.

It's getting embarrassing and this collective victim mentality is tiresome.

Perton Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
They will just laugh at us. Stop blaming the ****ing refs.
Got to say, had a lot of people moaning and complaining about things last night that were never fouls or yellow cards, yet they kept calling Marriner a cheat each time he didn't oblige them. Do think we need to toughen up a bit. By all means, appeal and don't be pushovers but we're turning into one of those teams that you dislike when you watch on TV because they're constantly complaining and making out like they're hard done to.

DanishWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

The ongoing narrative about refs having an agenda against us and being corrupt is getting nauseating.

Do they mistakes? Yes. Do they have poor games? Yes. Has VAR failed us? Yes. But we are all getting carried away like a collective Karen.

The same reason he can't ref Villa games.

I agree though that the narrative about refs in general having an agenda against us is tiresome.
I don't think there's a general bias against us. I do however there's a bias towards the top clubs.

Saltyjim

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
He was poor last night. Booking Adama after letting similar challenges from their left back go unpunished. One of his worst decisions was to give the free kick when Cunha dived. Lots of nothing fouls given to them it seemed and couple of corners given as goal kicks.
Might be dreaming this but was it Marriner who sent Henry off at Arsenal? I seem to remember Mick giving off and I don't think he reffed us for the next couple of seasons.
Tends to be forgotten because of the Milijas sending off the following year.

Wolf316

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

It’s not that there is an agenda against us it’s the bias and favouritism shown to the big six.

T

TheConcourse

Actually didn’t think he was that bad. He gave a yellow to the wrong player for a nothing tackle.

He also didn’t book Neves after the Toti error.

He gave us a free-kick at the end which was never handball.

The only issue I have is the inconsistency with refs now. If he does book Tsimikas early doors then maybe the game changes, but probably not.

Ironfistedmonk

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
The big decisions that cost us **** me off, but it's the little things that show the bias, like not awarding blatant free kicks to us which always get given the other way, corner kicks not being given, when I start to see a ref constantly give the little decisions the other way you know the bias is real, doubly so with this Villa ****

No excuses with last nights performance but Liverpool didn't need the helping hand they got

Bognor_Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Compared to some we have had lately he certainly wasn't the worse...

I know things have been going against us (putting it lightly) but some of the penalty shouts yesterday mainly from Neves and the crowd were a little embarrassing tbh not even close to being handball and going mad about it!

Vtrpres

Groupie
Reaction score
Are there any PL refs that we would accept?
What is out of step? Our poor performance or all the rest.
Come on JL, forget the refs faux pas, kick some arses in the dressing room.

clivewolves

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I don't think there were any big decisions last night for him to make. It was booking Traore that summed up his general refereeing. Traore had been cynically fouled 3 or 4 times, twice by Tsimikas, and then Traore gets booked for his first foul. It was probably the correct decision, but it's the inconsistency that does your head in.

Last edited:

Coops

Reaction score
Mike Dean doesnt have any sons....

His daughter has a season ticket with him at Tranmere.

Back
Top Bottom