Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

January 23 Transfer Window Thread

Northampton_wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Rather have took trincao over guedes, i really would right now.

Either way its happened,

Cunha and nunes showing quality.

Lemina and Fellipe to come across, we just and must win against west ham, then we can kick start

JamesWolves

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
For whatever reason and I’m not even sure we were 100% in on this guy - losing Alcaraz to Southampton is just ****ing me off right now. Affordable and has such a huge upside. Now gone to a team with a court jester for a coach.

If he didn't have his attitude problems he'd be a Benfica player right now

Last edited:

SteveBullsKnee

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I've started back up indoor and realised my body cannot sprint anymore. Any run at all is now followed by having to catch my breath so I've taken up the Jan Molby role
Speed isn’t my issue (you can’t lose what you never had) and I’m generally fit so stamina is ok. The issue I’ve got is I’ve developed the turning circle of the titanic due to a dodgy knee. We must be the only 6-a-side team in history to play with a sweeper so I can play the Coady role lol.

Flaneur

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Sarabia from PSG linked

StaffordWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
We've got so much dead wood in forward positions. If we're looking at another winger then surely someone needs to be moved on?

Bawtry Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Good player.
Looking at his stats apart from being another hobbit at 5’8 he does seem to have a lot to give. He’s played across the front 3 and as a second striker, across midfield and even 2 games as a left back. He appears to have split the majority of his games between Right Wing and attacking midfield though so fits the profile of what we want in terms of attacking midfield.

Bill McCai

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I dont know much about him (I think he left Seville for PSG the same time Lop arrived). I've had a look at his stats - he seems to be a winger - so maybe we need to lose one in order to get him in?

18/19 - Seville
52 apps 23 goals 17 assists

19/20 - PSG
40 apps 14 goals 8 assists

20/21 - PSG
37 apps 7 goals 4 assists

21/22 - on loan at Sporting
47 apps 22 goals 8 assists

Northampton_wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I dont know much about him (I think he left Seville for PSG the same time Lop arrived). I've had a look at his stats - he seems to be a winger - so maybe we need to lose one in order to get him in?

18/19 - Seville

19/20 - PSG

20/21 - PSG

AMR basically,

traore, guedes, hwang would be the ones in the firing line

WolfLing

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

18/19 - Seville

19/20 - PSG

20/21 - PSG

I actually think we are short of proper 'wingers'.

For me, Guedes, Hwang and Cunha can play as wider, inside forwards, but they aren't really wingers. They are more like second strikers if anything and we've seen all their performances improve in this role against Liverpool.

Podence as well really, he's better coming inside doing his best work in and around the penalty area.

The players on our books that I think can play as proper wingers are Adama, Neto, Chiquinho and now Ait Nouri. Two of those are still long-term absentees, so the squad can definitely carry another winger.

But you're right, we could also quite easily shed one of Guedes or Hwang without it making any real difference.

Northampton_wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Just an idea but maybe Guedes back to Spain with a loan to Atletico Madrid seeing as they are another club with Mendes links and Felix has just gone on loan to Chelsea....

Felix to Chelsea- Guedes to A.Madrid- Sarabia to Wolves....
depay to atletico

the 15th Wanderer

Reaction score

For me, Guedes, Hwang and Cunha can play as wider, inside forwards, but they aren't really wingers. They are more like second strikers if anything and we've seen all their performances improve in this role against Liverpool.

Podence as well really, he's better coming inside doing his best work in and around the penalty area.

The players on our books that I think can play as proper wingers are Adama, Neto, Chiquinho and now Ait Nouri. Two of those are still long-term absentees, so the squad can definitely carry another winger.

But you're right, we could also quite easily shed one of Guedes or Hwang without it making any real difference.
I think Traore is going. If not now definitely in the Summer. Would be very surprised if he signs a new deal.

Adrian_Monk

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

Skrilla

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Sarabia suits Julen's style. Inverted inside forward with an eye for goal. Maybe we throw in Adama to sweeten the deal?

SteveBullsKnee

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

I don’t think J-Lo wants proper wingers to be honest, historically he likes his wide players to play a little more inverted.

Northampton_wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
we are playing with 2 open slots of the 17 for non HG

Lemina takes one, so its sarabia or fellipe or selling

So hence Dawson link,

if the rumours about a keeper are ture, again we need to be careful as Sarkic is HG.

The only thing i can think of is we can unregister Sasa/chiquinho or someone like traore is off.

WolfLing

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I don’t think J-Lo wants proper wingers to be honest, historically he likes his wide players to play a little more inverted.

I think from what we've seen from him so far, having the different options is key.

He's set up 4-3-3, 4-4-2, 4-4-1-1 and gone to a back 3 loads of times within games.

Last night was like a 3-4-1-2.

Against Liverpool, Ait-Nouri and Adama played as old-school outside wingers.

So yeah, predominantly he likes players who play the inverted wide role. But having both in the squad is very useful.

Monketron

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Sarabia suits Julen's style. Inverted inside forward with an eye for goal. Maybe we throw in Adama to sweeten the deal?

There's zero chance Adama gives up the huge payday that leaving on a free would give him. Unless the fee we ask for him is incredible small or it's a really big team who want him.

Last edited:

Bawtry Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
we are playing with 2 open slots of the 17 for non HG

Lemina takes one, so its sarabia or fellipe or selling

So hence Dawson link,

if the rumours about a keeper are ture, again we need to be careful as Sarkic is HG.

The only thing i can think of is we can unregister Sasa/chiquinho or someone like traore is off.
We will de register both Sasa and Chiquinho. Wouldn’t surprise me if we don’t sell Hwang and Jimenez if we get suitable replacements.

I think you have to register your squad after transfer deadline day, so 1st of Feb. I don’t know whether you can have more overseas players during January in the squad when you have incomings and before outgoings.

SingYourHeartsOut

"Its less confusing with a smaller brain"
Reaction score
I know people said Cunha wasn't a 9, but looking what he'd done and listening to Lopetegui, I really thought he might be. He clearly isn't though, so if we think Costa is barely a fix and Raul (who I'd still play ahead of him) isn't in favour either, we have to get a proper, penalty area, strong and direct, goal scoring 9. I know that's not easy, but it's my no. 1 priority by a mile.

Sussex Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

In a few of the games since he arrived, I’ve seen Semedo hugging the line and picking up crosses, and that has helped to stretch play when the balls have been accurate enough for Semedo to trap and take. Would also say that the few times Adama has put in a decent cross in from that side, we’ve also looked dangerous. It seems we are getting better at pressing high, and when attacking, moving the ball to thread packed defences, both of which we’ve struggled with before. Being able to mix it up by using proper wide players when teams are effective at stopping our play through the middle would seem to fit with JLs desire for tactical in game flexibility.

Northampton_wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
We will de register both Sasa and Chiquinho
  1. Max Kilman(HG)
  2. Matija Sarkic(HG)
  3. Jonny Castro
  4. Raul Jimenez
  5. Ruben Neves
  6. Daniel Podence
  7. Nelson Semedo
  8. Jose Sa
  9. Hee Chan Hwang
  10. Toti Gomes
  11. Connor Ronan(HG) (supposed to be Off)
  12. Adama Traore
  13. Pedro Neto
  14. Joao Moutinho
  15. Goncalo Guedes
  16. Matheus Nunes
  17. Diego Costa
  18. Matheus Cunha
  19. Mario Lemina
  20. Sarabia/ Fellipe

Its 17 with deregistering them, we can only have two more. Without sales.

JamesWolves

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Abola have picked up on the Sarabia story now, may have some legs this one

Back
Top Bottom