Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

January 23 Transfer Window Thread

lets all have a disco

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
After already spending money on Cunha this window and Sasa in the summer I doubt we spend money again on another striker. Especially with Fabio Silva still to come back. Not saying we won't bring sombody in. That lad from Real Madrid for example on loan could do the trick.

Agree with shopping Hwang. Just doesn't look good enough for this level at all. Not against shopping Guedes to Sevilla or A.Madrid, doesn't look comfortable at this level.
Prepared to judge guedes under lopetugui first.....dont think 4 months in a struggling team with inept managers is enough to judge a player myself.....hwang has had a lot longer...

Still think there maybe leeway for a physical type forward......can we gamble on Raul ,Costa ....no point mentioning Sasa n Fabio as me and you will be as much use for the remainder of the season....zero use....

One thing we do not need to do is waste money on Acuna when we have Rayan....those sort of moves ...

Dan G WWFC

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

I always find it suspect when a number of clubs are linked with a player, especially when it says a move won't be till the summer. Screams agent trying to get a move after a good season or so.

Not seen much of him but if he's that good, why did Norwich never give him much of a chance when they lack so much going forward.

Edit: Brighton not Norwich. But still a team that lacks so much going forward.

rg4352

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Worth pointing out that Hobbs said the others that they are looking at haven’t been mentioned publicly yet…. Can imagine no rumours popping up until it’s pretty much a done deal for players we are genuinely interested in buying

Skrilla

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Worth pointing out that Hobbs said the others that they are looking at haven’t been mentioned publicly yet…. Can imagine no rumours popping up until it’s pretty much a done deal for players we are genuinely interested in buying
I think it sounds like deals are lined up for the 1st of January, but we won't know much until then because unlike Cunha, these might be players that are regularly involved for their clubs right now, or it doesn't benefit said club to line up their replacement if the other selling club knows how much they're getting for said player.

rg4352

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I think it sounds like deals are lined up for the 1st of January, but we won't know much until then because unlike Cunha, these might be players that are regularly involved for their clubs right now, or it doesn't benefit said club to line up their replacement if the other selling club knows how much they're getting for said player.

I agree, Cunha I only think came out because of his circumstances. All very exciting either way (I now fully expect nothing to happen on the 1st because I’ve said this :laughing:)

Dan G WWFC

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Weston McKennie is an interesting link. It'll please Jeff Shi with the marketability of him being American.

But as a player he will add some presence in the midfield, he's good in the air and can get in the box. A midfield of him Neves and Nunes is so much better then what we had starting yesterday

Skrilla

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Weston McKennie is an interesting link. It'll please Jeff Shi with the marketability of him being American.

But as a player he will add some presence in the midfield, he's good in the air and can get in the box. A midfield of him Neves and Nunes is so much better then what we had starting yesterday
I agree. I do think RAN has a lot of untapped potential, but a straight swap would be tempting for that midfield three. Need two runners either side of Neves to make up for his lack of pace. Especially if we could get Acuna for a relatively small amount from Sevilla.

Mile End Wanderer

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Sounds like a pretty crappy deal to me. RAN has a ton of upside and i wouldnt be giving Juve any cash their way for him.
McKennie would suit us well but that would mean signing a flexible full back for left or right back

Wolf_Words

Reaction score
If Angers still have their 50% sell on clause for Aït-Nouri, some sort of player trade might be the club trying to get the most value for him. Wonder if the links for Acuna might resurface.

Hawkguy

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Where has lage said this?
The interviews were posted here. I can't remember which thread. Translated from Portuguese, IIRC. He was very unhappy with Dendoncker being sold. And he said he didn't get much input on incomings and we didn't have the right players.

Sounds like Shi and Sellars basically rebuilt the team and said here you go.

Hawkguy

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I see Mckennie a bunch in CONCACAF. He's a solid player with some unlocked potential.

But I'm laughing my ass off at us adding 15 million for him with RAN. There's zero chance I'd even swap RAN for McKennie 1 for 1.

If they were giving us 15 million on top of the 1 for 1... I still wouldn't do it for the miniscule profit that is.

Eustaquio is a far better option if we're looking for a midfielder. Better player than Mckennie. Fits our style more. Better at set pieces. Not much older. And wouldn't cost us RAN plus 15 million.

GoldenHorseshoe

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I reckon Garcia is done this is a personal hunch

Another player not sure probably midfielder not Kessie but his mould.. Jon Moncayola isn’t a bad name to look at again personal from watching him for Osasuna

The win yesterday would of helped too attract foreign names
I don't mind personal hunches, much preferable to the nudge nudge, wink wink, "I know something that you don't know".

Cornwall Wolf

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Just one to think about .. no knowledge .. Hobbs said trying for 2 players by Jan 1 .. but the players have not been mentioned anywhere so not Isco or David Garcia .. Hobbs also said its difficult as teams need replacements before selling .. Chelsea are signing Badiashile could a move be possible for Trevor Chabolah home grown and would be down the pecking order at Chelsea .. just a thought

Rabid Wolf

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Just one to think about .. no knowledge .. Hobbs said trying for 2 players by Jan 1 .. but the players have not been mentioned anywhere so not Isco or David Garcia .. Hobbs also said its difficult as teams need replacements before selling .. Chelsea are signing Badiashile could a move be possible for Trevor Chabolah home grown and would be down the pecking order at Chelsea .. just a thought
Julen also said he wanted British players as well so I'm guessing 2/3 will be British based maybe back in for Dawson.

Hawkguy

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I'd imagine he'd still be a pretty penny. He's also started their last 7 games so I'm not sure he really falls that far down the pecking order.

Stourport wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

Weren't we meant to be after him last year? Quite often the media just use an old link, that wasn't true in the first place and rehash it
The same happened with Isco and Arsenal. Arsenal were meant to be interested in him in the summer. It turns out, they had no interest in him at all, but were interested in another Seville player. Now with Isco being available again, the media rehash an old story, that wasn't true in the first place, to say Arsenal are interested in him again. The truth being they were never interested in him.

Mile End Wanderer

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Chabolah would be an awesome signing in the Coady mould for a back 3 type solid young potential home grown will only get better id be trying to sign him to be honest

Woburn Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Have you heard anything from your contacts re this window Cornwall?

Cornwall Wolf

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Have you heard anything from your contacts re this window Cornwall?
Not been in touch with anyone im afraid came back from preseason games and as a few on the mix know was diagnosed with rare blood cancer have spent the last 6 months fighting it .. thats why I have not posted .. always read the mix keeps you going through the treatment .. had another dose of treatment today .. but the Wolves keep me upbeat through good and bad .. hope everyone has a good New Year

Wolf316

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Not been in touch with anyone im afraid came back from preseason games and as a few on the mix know was diagnosed with rare blood cancer have spent the last 6 months fighting it .. thats why I have not posted .. always read the mix keeps you going through the treatment .. had another dose of treatment today .. but the Wolves keep me upbeat through good and bad .. hope everyone has a good New Year
Hope everything works out ok for you mate.

Bawtry Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Good luck to you

tonto

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Get well soon kid
Out of darkness cometh light

SuperGran

Off with her head!
Reaction score
Keep fighting. All the best

Darvo

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
All the very best CW. Hope you get better and recover

JohnB

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Well that’s no help is it. Get well soon so we can get some rumours going again and everyone can debate if you’re itk or not.

PS - seriously - thoughts with you and best wishes during and post treatment. UTCW.

Back
Top Bottom