Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Arsenal Verdict

Kashmire Hawker

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
We had chances; Arsenal showed why they are up there; our defence was again shambolic for the goals and it was 11 v 12. Mr Attwall proves people with the name Stuart A are utterly stupid and totally incapable.

Good luck Julen and roll on Gillingham.

tamwolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Lopetegui needs to hit the ground running.

manchesterwolf17

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Pretty much the score most of us predicted.

Some spirited performances. Bueno and Adama the stand outs. The referee and VAR as useless as one another.

I watched Brentford put in a very similar display earlier today and come away with a famous win. The difference? Not to be captain bleeding obvious, but having a goal scorer of course.

If Ivan Toney plays for us tonight we probably get something.

It was captured perfectly when Adama made the rapid Saliba look like Neill Collins. Then looked up to see a solitary Wolves player in the box. The 5 foot 5 Daniel Podence.

A massive period ahead. I believe in you Julen.

Jawwfc

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Overall disappointing at time our own worst enemy we are in trouble but I'm still quite confident in Lopetegui.....

On a side note how has Carney fluked a place on sky, hasselbaink only one to talk sense

RosehillWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
If VAR had done it’s job properly it would have been a different game
Also anyone who doesn’t think tonight’s game DIDN’T have input from Loppy has rocks in their heads
Obvious to me he had prepped the team as it showed a marked improvement
Big job ahead. I can’t see us staying up
How the **** did it get to this ???

Parkfieldswolf

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
No goal threat and leaking goals the story so far. JL has a huge job and needs support in the Jan window. I knew we would lose but it doesn’t ease the ****ed off feeling again. **** the World Cup too I’ll be back on when that **** is over.

Aimless Balls

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Not a bad performance taking into consideration the formation change and 1st time back 3. I liked that we had a plan. Arsenal are on a different level.

old wittonian

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
If VAR had done it’s job properly it would have been a different game
Also anyone who doesn’t think tonight’s game DIDN’T have input from Loppy has rocks in their heads
Big job ahead. I can’t see us staying up
How the **** did it get to this ???
Ask Jeff Shi.

GuzzWolf

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
No players busting a gut to get in the box...No goals. Easy. And Moutinho needs binning, purely self obsessed and trots around like an old shepherd. And please get rid of those **** rings off your wrists. They are needed for people who sweat a lot.

OLDGOLD

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
We had chances; Arsenal showed why they are up there; our defence was again shambolic for the goals and it was 11 v 12. Mr Attwall proves people with the name Stuart A are utterly stupid and totally incapable.

Good luck Julen and roll on Gillingham.
I think the defence was far from shambolic, but Arsenal scored from their best chances as good, confident sides will.,We need a cutting edge, other than that we are not as bad as our league position suggests.

KBWWFC

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

Our players always turn up for games against the "big guns". They also look better on the counter attack (which is why most of them were signed).

Lopetegui had zero input on tonight.

clivewolves

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
They gave it a good go and had some structure to them. Lopetegui can see what he has to work with, and where he needs to add in January.

It was a good team performance with some good individual performances.

I was tempted to give the man of the match to Bueno. I thought he was excellent again and showed he has the defending ability to go with his attacking ability. Saka didn't get much out of him tonight.

Guedes had another good game. Something has clicked with him. He is showing that fight that you need in the Premier League before you can even think about trying to express yourself.

A good cameo from Podence at the end and good to see Lembikisa make his league debut.

I'm going with Boubacar Traore for the man of the match. He was awesome. Can we not keep saying how raw he looks? He isn't raw at all. He showed tonight he has composure with the ball and can spot a pass. Combine that with his tackling and pressing and he can be a top midfielder for us. Plus his goal against Leeds shows he has a shot on him.

Now let's get working on the training pitch for the next 6 weeks and we might be able to move up the table at last.

Frank Lincoln

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Had the penalty been given early on then who knows what might have happened. I thought we played ok and created chances. I felt sorry for Lembikisa, his mistake led to the second goal, but he will learn from it.

All round an encouraging performance, with plenty for the new manager to work with.

We will stay up.

Tring Wolf

MolMix Poster of the Season Winner 2011-2012 and r
Reaction score
Fought hard but again lacked a cutting edge. Going through nearly half a season with no fully fit striker in the squad is unforgivable really.

Denied a blatant penalty by a VAR error but once they scored, we were never going to get back into it.

Thought Bueno was great. B Traore covered a huge amount of ground and Guedes looked far sharper and up for the fight. Toti (who I was worried about before the game) was decent too.

Moutinho struggled with the pace of the game and Collins was poor.

Sa 6
Collins 5
Kilman 6
Toti 7
Semedo 6
Neves 7
Moutinho 5
Traore 7
Bueno 7
Guedes 7
Adama 6

Rubbish result to top off an awful day, losing ground on 2 of the increasingly few teams that it looks like we can possibly finish above.

The break comes at a great time for us and hopefully allows Julen to put his stamp on the squad. I have no doubt we’ll improve over Christmas (although our first few fixtures are pretty tough) but fear the damage has already been done. The most frustrating thing being that if we can stay up, I think the next few years could be completely different under Lopetegui.

Too many points behind a lot of the sides we should have been targeting though means our margin for error is very, very small.

Here’s hoping for a post-Christmas miracle.

Black Country Wanderer

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Played much better than i expected tbh
Werent cut to pieces at any point just they had a cutting edge in Odegaarde
Bueno good again,Guedes decent just wish he would put more effort in off the ball
Adama ok but ffs learn to pass properly
Decent football in patches just lacking in confidence,and that was the difference

Ches78

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Rubbish, as we've come to expect. Yes we ran around a lot, but any team can do that - we didn't deserve anything from the game. Bueno, B Traore and Neves were again our 3 best players. Toti, Guedes and Semedo did OK. Kilman and Collins at the back are poor - they seem to have zero confidence. And our set pieces are still unbelievably ****. Can the new guy get us out of this rut? I bloody hope so.

GuzzWolf

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Arsenal players on interview...half time talk was be brave and be quick...I wonder what ours was? Hopefully the new manager will sort that out!!

jrpb-3

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Not offside so should have had a pen first half. Too much of the time when we won the ball back we couldn’t control it and our clearances gave the ball straight back to Arsenal. Decent performances when we had the ball except where it counted. Traore still can’t put in a quality cross.

Howler

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
A massive lack of purpose to our play and lost far too many of the physical battles for me, we are last for a reason. Arsenal didn't do a whole lot, just jumped on 2 of our errors and were clinical enough to finish them off......same old story, very cruisy 3 points for most visiting teams nowadays.

JL has a massive job ahead of him to keep us up but he does get the benefit of a preseason with most of the squad now, fingers crossed.

Chungster

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Dull. Blunt.

We're trying to hack through privet with rubber shears. We're spearing pickled onions with a plasticine fork.

Pointless.

Change of tools required because the job won't change....

Back
Top Bottom