Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Lage OUT

Mile End Wanderer

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Would a new manager get these players scoring while also having the best defensive record in the league? This is clearly unknown and on there goal scoring history it would be a tough job to achieve
Time will tell. I am not feeling too confident in Bruno’s abilities anymore. I think Hoddle would do a better job at present and that’s saying something!!

Fifty Niner

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Lage has been in charge for 45 league games.

We've failed to score in 20 of those games. We've scored more than once in 12 games. We've scored more than twice in just 3 games.

We've only come from behind to win once and draw twice.

We've won 1 league game in 14, and 4 in 21.

I'm not sure which of those statistics is most damning, but when you take them all together you have to feel he's bloody lucky to even still be here.
And no goals in the second half of any of our 7 PL games so far. That’s 5 and a quarter hours excluding extra time. If we include the EFL game against Preston’s second XI that’s 6 hours excluding extra time.

Mile End Wanderer

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
And no goals in the second half of any of our 7 PL games so far. That’s 5 and a quarter hours excluding extra time. If we include the EFL game against Preston’s second XI that’s 6 hours excluding extra time.
Simply not good enough and do you see it improving against West Ham, Chelsea and Forest??

Jamwolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Leaving the City game aside, it's our lack of goals that sways me that things are unlikely to improve under Bruno.

Ordinarily, he probably deserves another four games to prove me wrong, but if the right man is available tomorrow then I'd happily say farewell to Bruno.

Pity, I actually quite like him, although if I never heard the word "spaces" again it would be a day too soon.

Another manager, another bus.

VancouverWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Ok….ok…

But we have two weeks til W.H…….it gives time for Costa to get fit, ( maybe Raul too),, Bruno to figure something out,( if he can), and then, who knows?

WickedWolfie

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I know it's not a great watch and maybe he can take the shackles off defensively and throw more caution to the wind. His job is foremost to get points on the board I'm sure he would love us to be free scoring maybe a fit centre forward can help when we have one available
Nuno got crucified for playing defensively despite major injuries to key players in his final season. This complete charlatan (apparently the offspring of Saunders and Hoddle), who has way better players, produces utter and complete crap and apologists still try to defend him.

drewsie

Groupie
Reaction score
Why would we absolve him of blame because it’s City? Who else are we doing that for? We can admit City are a tremendous side and still question the tactics and decisions of our own manager they are not mutually exclusive.

This is not about one performance or one result, it’s a culmination of months of deteriorating standards. You say time will tell, how much more time does he get in your view? Or perhaps more pertinently how much more time can we afford?

Listen mate, you don’t like him/rate him and you want him gone. That’s fine. Ultimately you might be proved right, who knows?

I’m prepared to give him more time. I’m prepared to look at it without getting all hysterical and going full knee-jerk.

We’re playing at the moment with no striker ffs! We’ve been playing for months with no striker to be fair. Raul has been miles off it, and still is. Fabio no where near it, so he’s gone to get games somewhere else. Then we had the ridiculous situation of Adama deciding he’d rather go and sit on Barcelona’s bench, comes back and he looks about as interested as I would if I had to go a stain all my fence panels. Add that to all the new faces coming in and all the dead wood getting shipped out, formation change etc. We’re going through a transitional process and anybody else coming now has the same problems. A new guy coming in now is not going to change it that much in my opinion.

I wouldn’t mind if things were really desperate, we were losing games heavily and we had 1 point and bottom of the league. Some of you lot have got us relegated already after 7 games! It ain’t that bad ffs!!!

Can’t add anymore. That’s how I feel. Only one more thing I can add is it’s a results business. Lage will start to feel the heat if things don’t improve. That’s the nature of the beast I’m afraid. Just like Stevie G is and Brendan Rodgers and David Moyes. They’ve all got good sides and have similar problems.

Slothmonkey

Reaction score
I have been quite patient with Lage and was hoping it would click once he got the players he wanted. That patience has gone. I understand ge cannot control individual mistakes but what he does is coach them to play in a particular way. It's slow, cumbersome and predictable. He keeps hiding behind the same excuses that have worn thin. The fact that we have 2 wins in 18, Man City are top scorers at our home ground in 2022 are unforgiveable. I would not accept those stats at Sunday league level let alone in the supposed best league in the world.

SakosRightFoot

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I went for the 5 games as they were the games he's had better options in his squad with the new signings

Just conveniently meant you were able to include Preston, but not Spurs in which Nunes made his debut and Guedes started.

I’m not sure it’s the defence you think it is either, included in that run is a game against a team who’d just conceded a joint record 9, and yet we managed 4 shots on target. Against Newcastle we had just 36% of the ball and they had 21 shots and 13 corners. Southampton would have equalised were it not for a brain fart from Adams and then who knows what would have happened.

VancouverWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
We had two weeks before Citeh... We were 0-1 down inside a minute - "tactical genius" indeed....
Hey…..I’m not disagreeing.
But City and Liverpool were deemed as ‘most likely’ losses anyway ……..so, no surprises .

WickedWolfie

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Hey…..I’m not disagreeing.
But City and Liverpool were deemed as ‘most likely’ losses anyway ……..so, no surprises .
That l wouldnt argue with. It wasn't the result, it was the "performance" that l have issue with.

SakosRightFoot

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Listen mate, you don’t like him/rate him and you want him gone. That’s fine. Ultimately you might be proved right, who knows?

I’m prepared to give him more time. I’m prepared to look at it without getting all hysterical and going full knee-jerk.

We’re playing at the moment with no striker ffs! We’ve been playing for months with no striker to be fair. Raul has been miles off it, and still is. Fabio no where near it, so he’s gone to get games somewhere else. Then we had the ridiculous situation of Adama deciding he’d rather go and sit on Barcelona’s bench, comes back and he looks about as interested as I would if I had to go a stain all my fence panels. Add that to all the new faces coming in and all the dead wood getting shipped out, formation change etc. We’re going through a transitional process and anybody else coming now has the same problems. A new guy coming in now is not going to change it that much in my opinion.

I wouldn’t mind if things were really desperate, we were losing games heavily and we had 1 point and bottom of the league. Some of you lot have got us relegated already after 7 games! It ain’t that bad ffs!!!

Can’t add anymore. That’s how I feel. Only one more thing I can add is it’s a results business. Lage will start to feel the heat if things don’t improve. That’s the nature of the beast I’m afraid. Just like Stevie G is and Brendan Rodgers and David Moyes. They’ve all got good sides and have similar problems.

In fairness you haven’t actually answered the question. How much time is enough in your view?

You accuse me of being hysterical and knee jerk which is out of order, there’s nothing hysterical here and I’ve been consistent for some time with my criticisms.

Again so you absolve him of blame for having no striker, and then say he’s been doing it for months even though he had one, so which is it? You think other managers and other clubs don’t go through transitional periods? They don’t bring in new players and change things?

All in all you’re just making excuses for him, and one’s I’m afraid that aren’t consistent. You can’t honestly say it’s Adamas fault we’re not playing well when he has Guedes, Neto, Hwang, Podence and by your own admission Raul for part of that

Don Corleone

Reaction score
The problem is swopping managers doesn't guarantee success if it did then things would be simple. Bruno has had the time to assess his squad he knows the players capabilities and characteristics he's not shown he can't get anymore from the squad he now has. Swopping managers now could turn out to be a disaster that some might feel isn't worth the risk certainly not yet anyway
When then?

Wolf316

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

Adama played really well against Preston scoring a worldie. In the next match he couldn’t even get on the pitch because Bruno Saunders brings on an utter donkey who took a penalty a six year old could have saved in the previous game and cost us two points in this one. It’s one blokes fault and it’s the one stood on the sidelines

VancouverWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
That l wouldnt argue with. It wasn't the result, it was the "performance" that l have issue with.
Ahhhh….now there we partially part ways.
Down one man and for a long period we fought back and didn’t embarrass ourselves.
We’ve performed worse this season.

But overall, ……..jeez…….being a Wolves fan is kinda like Moses…….we’ll never see the promised land, will we?
But as Churchill said……” when you’re going through…….keep going.”

WickedWolfie

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
The problem is swopping managers doesn't guarantee success if it did then things would be simple. Bruno has had the time to assess his squad he knows the players capabilities and characteristics he's not shown he can't get anymore from the squad he now has. Swopping managers now could turn out to be a disaster that some might feel isn't worth the risk certainly not yet anyway
Yeah, cos Lage is really doing so well, isn't he. It would be pretty bloody hard to do worse.

Don Corleone

Reaction score
We’re not creating chances or look coherent as an attacking force. Even without Raul or Sasa or Costa they should still create chances, even if we miss them.
I said this before the game on Saturday. We’re not creating or shooting anywhere near enough, the striker argument holds little water for me as with the players out there currently they have more than enough to at least have a shot.
Opposition keepers must be bored s***less playing us as they’ve nothing to do all game.

WickedWolfie

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Ahhhh….now there we partially part ways.
Down one man and for a long period we fought back and didn’t embarrass ourselves.
We’ve performed worse this season.

But overall, ……..jeez…….being a Wolves fan is kinda like Moses…….we’ll never see the promised land, will we?
But as Churchill said……” when you’re going through…….keep going.”
Had Citeh not put on their slippers and put their feet up l would have been inclined to agree. It was game over after 15 mins (or even, given Lage's pathetic record when we go behind, 1 min) let alone after the sending off ...

VancouverWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Had Citeh not put on their slippers and put their feet up l would have been inclined to agree. It was game over after 15 mins (or even, given Lage's pathetic record when we go behind, 1 min) let alone after the sending off ...
Soory but you’re being a tad harsh and over dramatic there…….our lads did perform well for some time when one man down……and against the best team in the world.
Some credit when it’s appropriate., ( unfortunately there’s not enough sting in our attacks).

ManningtreeWolf

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
I'm astounded a manager on the run we are on stretching back to last season, and most notably the ridiculously low goal output, combined with still no identity after 50 games is still in charge. Would be gone anywhere else. I fear Fosun will pull the trigger to late and by then we are deep in the relegation mire and maybe too late to turn the tide. Should have gone the day after Bournemouth. He is out of his depth. Each day he remains the nearer the championship looms and our recently assembled squad will disintegrate. Worrying times for Wolves fans and I'm usually up beat

Reaction score
I'm astounded a manager on the run we are on stretching back to last season, and most notably the ridiculously low goal output, combined with still no identity after 50 games is still in charge. Would be gone anywhere else. I fear Fosun will pull the trigger to late and by then we are deep in the relegation mire and maybe too late to turn the tide. Should have gone the day after Bournemouth. He is out of his depth. Each day he remains the nearer the championship looms and our recently assembled squad will disintegrate. Worrying times for Wolves fans and I'm usually up beat
Bang on!

drewsie

Groupie
Reaction score
In fairness you haven’t actually answered the question. How much time is enough in your view?

You accuse me of being hysterical and knee jerk which is out of order, there’s nothing hysterical here and I’ve been consistent for some time with my criticisms.

Again so you absolve him of blame for having no striker, and then say he’s been doing it for months even though he had one, so which is it? You think other managers and other clubs don’t go through transitional periods? They don’t bring in new players and change things?

All in all you’re just making excuses for him, and one’s I’m afraid that aren’t consistent. You can’t honestly say it’s Adamas fault we’re not playing well when he has Guedes, Neto, Hwang, Podence and by your own admission Raul for part of that

I have answered THE questions. I’m giving him more time. Does that now answer the question?

I see you’ve conveniently dodged the question as to who you want in to replace him? You know what mate, I’m not interested. You’ve made your mind up. I just hope that if you get wishes granted it doesn’t end up going down the pan.

JadeWolf

Official Noddy pre match thread starter.
Reaction score
I’d only get rid of Bruno if there’s a quality manager who’s an improvement ready to come in. If Lopetegui/AVB were happy to say yes today then I’d be sending Bruno on his bike. Zero point ditching him though if we don’t have a serious replacement lined up.

Tring Wolf

MolMix Poster of the Season Winner 2011-2012 and r
Reaction score
How much more time do you give him? We have 1 win in 14 games. Another 3 games? 6?

Not trying to be wise after the event but I said over the Summer that if we didn’t hit the ground running in those first 6 games, with the following fixtures, we could very easily find ourselves in a position where we had 6-8 points after 10 games and a decision would have to be made.

Feel a little for Bruno in that he didn’t have a striker for those first two games but we’ve been pretty awful by all statistical measures for over half a season’s worth of games now.

Personally, I think we’ll have a new man in place for the Forest game.

FJRWolf

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
There's no doubt we look decent in possession and defence, play some really good stuff in midfield but we have no attacking structure at all, just don't create the good goal scoring chances we should, you can't expect to score just from moments of individual brilliance.
I don't understand why people give him a free ride from last season? From the Arsenal defeat we were worse than Nunos last season. Don't give the 'he didn't have his own player' guff either, the players he had at his disposal were very good players.
I'm afraid he just isn't a good enough coach for the Premier league......also his man management skills appear to be terrible.

Back
Top Bottom