Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

The happy days are here again, hopefully no more repeated arguments, transfer thread

Darvo

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
What a statement of intent this week has been.

I repeatedly said that we shouldn’t have been in the situation we found ourselves in for the Leeds game but am more than happy to eat a huge, delicious slice of humble pie. We were obviously confident that we could get players of the quality of Nunes and Guedes in and kept our powder dry until we did.

About a month ago, I (half-jokingly) said on here that my ‘dream window’ would leave us with a team something along the lines of:

Sa
Semedo, Collins, Kilman, RAN
Nunes, Neves
Guedes, Ramos, Neto
Raul

Sarkic, Jonny, Coady, Boly, Moutinho, Dendoncker, Podence, Adama, MGW (or Hwang if MGW sold to fund some of the incomings).

Never really thought we’d get anywhere close to that but with the exception of the striker situation, Fosun have now addressed all of the ‘problem areas’ and with long-term, top quality signings.

Huge credit and a massive thank you to all those involved.
Keep plugging away @Tring Wolf ... they must be listening to you!

Darvo

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
This should help get a striker signing over the line too

D

Deleted member 8455jwf

I know we feel elated at the prospect of signing Nunes, but I bet Connor Rowan ****ed off this morning!

It's a shame as I always want our academy players to be given a chance but when clubs like ours can sign £40m midfielders you have to be an exceptional talent to make it.

I would expect him to be moved on now, but total respect for the lad he has talent and real character. If he is moving on I really hope he gets a great move and has a great career.
Maybe he should have shown more to Bruno in the preseason. I couldn't care less where the players come from, Nunes is younger and has been excellent in big Champions League games. Ronan finally performed after his 4th loan in the SPFL.

Bostin

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Anyone still angry we didn’t get Paulinha??

Can’t wait to play Fulham again….. ‘you’re just a **** Matheus Nunes’

Supadavewolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
My concern is that we'll end up selling a key figure at the club. The wife tells me Yanited are desperate for a new teamaker, so Doris could be sold :(

What's that, love? Oh, I thought you said 'teamaker' not 'playmaker'

tonto

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
This is exactly the type of window we should have every few years.. what a buzz for the fans and huge lift for the squad. Absolutely thrilled to see what happens from now until the end of the window.
Do you think the South Bank may have a spring in their step next home game

ws1wolf

Groupie
Reaction score
That the players we want simply are not available until the final week of the window. And we do not want to compromise on our targets.

In my mind, availability is purely manufactured by clubs and agents... and this whole situation is being created... to someone's benefit.
Not having a go at you mate but seems clear that your source is a bit off the pace

Supadavewolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
So, in the midst of all this euphoria:

who are the potential candidates for the central striker signing?

Ajorque
Batshuayi
Ramos

???

WolfLing

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Where does this leave sellars? It seems they are ignoring his list and going with uncle jorge's.

I don't think anything has changed.

We have always brought in players through the team approach and via Mendes.

When we need a sprinkling of magic and to pull off an incredible signing that we have no business making, Mendes is the man.

When we sign a young, promising player like Collins, who has been scouted for some time to fill a specific role in the team, it's Sellars and the transfer team that will be behind that.

Having both approaches can't be a bad thing.

Skrilla

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
We’ve aligned ourself as a business partner to the most influential man in football, it would be suicide not to rely on him. If he can’t convince one of his stable of players to join us then there’s little hope anyone else will convince them.
The problem comes from the fact he has a finite pool of players. Mendes has performed miracles for us, but our track record of recruiting outside of Mendes influence is very poor, and needs to improve.

Skrilla

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Ok hear me out... Ronaldo wants out of Man Utd and he doesn't have many suitors right now. Stick the best player in the history of the game upfront Jeff.

Streathamwolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
What a statement of intent this week has been.

I repeatedly said that we shouldn’t have been in the situation we found ourselves in for the Leeds game but am more than happy to eat a huge, delicious slice of humble pie. We were obviously confident that we could get players of the quality of Nunes and Guedes in and kept our powder dry until we did.

About a month ago, I (half-jokingly) said on here that my ‘dream window’ would leave us with a team something along the lines of:

Sa
Semedo, Collins, Kilman, RAN
Nunes, Neves
Guedes, Ramos, Neto
Raul

Sarkic, Jonny, Coady, Boly, Moutinho, Dendoncker, Podence, Adama, MGW (or Hwang if MGW sold to fund some of the incomings).

Never really thought we’d get anywhere close to that but with the exception of the striker situation, Fosun have now addressed all of the ‘problem areas’ and with long-term, top quality signings.

Huge credit and a massive thank you to all those involved.
Keep polishing your crystal balls Tring - they are clearly tuned in.

Streathamwolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Maybe he should have shown more to Bruno in the preseason. I couldn't care less where the players come from, Nunes is younger and has been excellent in big Champions League games. Ronan finally performed after his 4th loan in the SPFL.
A bit harsh? I am with Cannock on this, love to see our academy lads make it in our first team in merit.

wolfgar

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

Belotti to Rome: "If you don't make up your mind this week, I won't wait any longer." (Tuttosport)

Apologies if already posted, but interesting given what we've offered him...
Bloody hell, imagine a Belotti or a Goncalo Ramos rocking up right now (presuming Nunes goes through)? If we have offered Belotti a big fat wedge as per some reports, I bet he is pushing Roma to match it? According to Wikipedia we have already signed Ramos. Very reliable source obvs

Back
Top Bottom