Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

The happy days are here again, hopefully no more repeated arguments, transfer thread

Milijas

Reaction score
He's only 21... that's like writing off MGW before his Sheffield United loan. Oh wait, most of our fans did write him off...
And anyone with a brain still would. MGW has about 2 decent premier League appearances to his name. A decent spell in the championship doesn't make a £40m player realistically his value is about £15m at most.
If he goes to forest he won't get 5 goals in a season. Let's compare him to an important player we had in the championship say.. Sako would you take a prime Sako or MGW? Sako all day..
If MGW stays how many goals he getting this season? I'll go first.. 3 at a push. Hope I'm wrong but I think he's overrated massively.

CelebrityWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
And anyone with a brain still would. MGW has about 2 decent premier League appearances to his name. A decent spell in the championship doesn't make a £40m player realistically his value is about £15m at most.
If he goes to forest he won't get 5 goals in a season. Let's compare him to an important player we had in the championship say.. Sako would you take a prime Sako or MGW? Sako all day..
If MGW stays how many goals he getting this season? I'll go first.. 3 at a push. Hope I'm wrong but I think he's overrated massively.

It is yet to be seen. We should remember that MGW has been touted highly for a long time and not just by Wolves. Should he be judged on one good championship season? Of course not. At the same time he shouldn't be judged on a handful of top flight games either. The potential is clearly there.

That said, 35 million is certainly a higher fee than I would want to see us spend on a player with that CV, see Silva for example with a lesser CV. If the fees touted are correct I do think we should sell as long as we have a sell on fee attached and hopefully for a straight forward fee rather than a load of random add ons.

De Wolfs Mullet

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Whilst it's not just me- plenty moan at members here reposting their reposted garbage - it is all about me so there
The ideal solution would be for you to create your own forum. Then you could control what is posted so that everything fits your criteria. You could call it sonething like Monk Mix.

Snarlingwolf

Groupie
Reaction score
With regard to our apparent interest in Nunes, it was mentioned some way back on this thread that there was a “cut-off date”, Monday 15/8?

Apologies if the information has already been posted only it’ll be extremely tedious and mind-numbing trying to wade back through all the posts, but could someone explain what this “cut off date” means for us?

Is it simply that that’s when our offer/ bid is withdrawn and we move on to other targets?

sedgwolf1980

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
With regard to our apparent interest in Nunes, it was mentioned some way back on this thread that there was a “cut-off date”, Monday 15/8?

Apologies if the information has already been posted only it’ll be extremely tedious and mind-numbing trying to wade back through all the posts, but could someone explain what this “cut off date” means for us?

Is it simply that that’s when our offer/ bid is withdrawn and we move on to other targets?
Think that was the date everyone who reads this thread multiple times per day will finally spontaneously combust.

Deak77

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Pretty sure the issue with the Nunes deal isn't the money, but Nunes himself, sounded like he only wanted to join a UCL club,which of course we're not.

Adrian_Monk

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I'm sure talking wolves can live with some misinformed boomers moaning about them, can't be friends with everyone can ye
The only people who are misinformed are those who bother to read their copypasta twittercrawl*******s.

Maybe I'll setup a Talking ****e account and instead of retweeting, steal links from Agent Dave, Clubcall and O Jogo.....oh wait, hang on I have a life never mind

Adrian_Monk

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I really don’t understand - this is a rumors thread. If you don’t want to see the rumors, don’t visit the thread.
The problem is Talking ****e rumours are worse than the standard of the Rumours from the Pub thread so we now have no rumours of a decent quality source. I thought the idea with this thread was to filter through the junk and discuss plausible rumours, which Talking ****e used to actually do until they became a chat bot for #wwfc and #wolves

AndyY

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

Hugh Jarse

Reaction score
I like the Wolves rumours for a few reasons;

- I take comfort that we could be making signings rather than watch tumble weed as the club always bloody keep their cards close to their chest

- I get overly excited that we are signing players who are waaaaaay out of our league

- I get to moan about potential signings who I feel are beneath us

-it broadens my horizons when I YouTube obscure players from the Northern Peruvian league we're linked with

Winner, winner, chicken dinner lol

Sidaway

Reaction score
The problem is Talking ****e rumours are worse than the standard of the Rumours from the Pub thread so we now have no rumours of a decent quality source. I thought the idea with this thread was to filter through the junk and discuss plausible rumours, which Talking ****e used to actually do until they became a chat bot for #wwfc and #wolves
You’re making yourself look a clown mate.

MattH

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Are you really choosing an account that reposts rumours as the thing to whinge about clogging up this thread?!

WickedWolfie

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
No, I think reposting their trash should be banned on Molineux Mix. Whilst Dan makes a good point, people really should put this stuff through the sniff test before cluttering up Molineux Mix
The post police are in the building. What exactly do you think a rumours thread is about? (Clue: the thread title gives a bloody big hint!).....

Supadavewolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I am no comedian mate wasn't being funny just stating that all teams are in the same boat . Be it Barrow or Man City

Problem is, Barrow were on the Titanic.

Pretty sure the issue with the Nunes deal isn't the money, but Nunes himself, sounded like he only wanted to join a UCL club,which of course we're not.
Not yet..

Ponty

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Winks and Rice are incomparable in terms of quality, unless you were saying ‘compared to Rixe, Winks has no quality’
I wasn’t saying that, I was saying any midfielder gets dismissed as “not as good as Neves”. I think Rice is better than him and Winks is not, however Winks is nowhere near as bad as many portray.

Uncle Festa

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I wasn’t saying that, I was saying any midfielder gets dismissed as “not as good as Neves”. I think Rice is better than him and Winks is not, however Winks is nowhere near as bad as many portray.
You think Rice is better than Neves after Neves schooled him down the Molineux last season? Each to their own. I like Rice, really like him. Think he is an excellent player and makes West Ham tick, but I also think we really under rate just how good Neves is. Bruno got it right when he said £100 million.
Harry Winks though....not fit to lace their boots.

SmiffyWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
To be fair 3 goals would be a great return compared to last season with our squad . So I presume if he is only getting 3 goals them we need to upgrade Neto , Podence and Raul .

Actually I am up for that 200 Million on those three areas ad Nunes and its a good window for me .

WickedWolfie

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
You think Rice is better than Neves after Neves schooled him down the Molineux last season? Each to their own. I like Rice, really like him. Think he is an excellent player and makes West Ham tick, but I also think we really under rate just how good Neves is. Bruno got it right when he said £100 million.
Winks is neat and safe but that's about as far as it goes.

D

Deleted member 13084sr

if Neves had a bit of zip over 10 yards he could be at the very top, thats why hes still with us

Ponty

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
You can’t judge players on one game. We’d accept £60m for Neves, if Rice was available for £80m let alone £60m there’d be a queue of buyers. Rice is far more mobile and a better ball carrier than Neves and though his passing isnt as good it’s not at all bad. I fully agree Winks is behind them both but he is still a decent player. If the price was right he’d be a decent addition to our squad and far better than any midfielder we currently have as back up.

Oldgold Wolfcub

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
It's a no to Winks - given the way Hwang's name has been misspelt by some to ridicule him, one bad game and they'd have a field day with Winks.
On that basis there is only one reply that is fitting ...................
;)
;) ;) ;) ;) ;) ;) ;) ;) ;) ;) ;) ;)

WickedWolfie

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
You can’t judge players on one game. We’d accept £60m for Neves, if Rice was available for £80m let alone £60m there’d be a queue of buyers. Rice is far more mobile and a better ball carrier than Neves and though his passing isnt as good it’s not at all bad. I fully agree Winks is behind them both but he is still a decent player. If the price was right he’d be a decent addition to our squad and far better than any midfielder we currently have as back up.
I agree with your last sentence but Spurs are reported as wanting £15-25M (different sources, most quoting the higher figure) and we aren't paying that for him. The Evening Standard reports interest from Valencia.

Last edited:

Derbywolf85

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

THEY ARE NOT TALKING WOLVES RUMOURS THEY ARE RUMOURS FROM ELSEWHERE PUT TOGETHER IN ONE PLACE SO IT'S EASY FOR WOLVES FANS TO FIND.

This is what they have ALWAYS done. They haven't seived for quality. They haven't left anything out. They put all Wolves news, not just rumours, in one place.

FFS honestly some people on here just are not capable of grasping what is right in front of them. They are doing you a service. They are helping you by putting them all in one place. It is easier to find our rumours with Talking Wolves posting them.

If you don't want rumours, don't visit the thread. Pretty. ****ing. Simple.

WKFWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
THEY ARE NOT TALKING WOLVES RUMOURS THEY ARE RUMOURS FROM ELSEWHERE PUT TOGETHER IN ONE PLACE SO IT'S EASY FOR WOLVES FANS TO FIND.

This is what they have ALWAYS done. They haven't seived for quality. They haven't left anything out. They put all Wolves news, not just rumours, in one place.

FFS honestly some people on here just are not capable of grasping what is right in front of them. They are doing you a service. They are helping you by putting them all in one place. It is easier to find our rumours with Talking Wolves posting them.

If you don't want rumours, don't visit the thread. Pretty. ****ing. Simple.
wait im confused, so to absolutely confirm, they dont post their own rumours? its still not clear to me ;)

Ponty

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I agree with your last sentence but Spurs are reported as wanting £15-25M (different sources) and we aren't paying that for him.
Agreed. But if they need to cut their wage bill that could come down.

Back
Top Bottom