Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

The happy days are here again, hopefully no more repeated arguments, transfer thread

MattH

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
De Jong to Chelsea nearly done apparently. Could that mean both Man Utd and Barca after Neves?

Ned

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Good. He's not the player he was. I dont think he could handle the Premier League
This is how I feel too. Injuries look like they’ve taken a toll so Italy is probably the best place for him.

WeAreTheWolvesII

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
According to that data Conor Gallagher is *****. Really?
He is on the ball. Noticed it last year.

Not in terms of shooting but doesn't really get involved in building up the play.

Does a lot of other things very well, obviously. Excellent runner, knows where to be but certainly feel he's the sort who is making the most out of what he's got (which can take you a long way) as opposed to having natural ability.

Wisdomwolf

Groupie
Reaction score
Is this Boubs a CM? If so, is there anyone we've seen that he's comparable to?
I'd love a powerful kessie, Alf ndaiye type.
We've missed that in our side.
Hate to pour cold water but when we were linked with him last year I saw him play twice on Sky. A little too impetuous and tactically naive
Therein lies the problem. Sadly, we are not as an attractive option, as Newcastle say, at this moment in time.
Gonzales was always going to be the pawn to free up Guedes. It simply how it works with Jorge’s carousel. I fully expect the carousel to come into play again, shortly.

Wisdomwolf

Groupie
Reaction score
De Jong to Chelsea nearly done apparently. Could that mean both Man Utd and Barca after Neves?
When will it dawn on Wolves fans that clubs including Utd might like and admire Neves but he comes a long way down their list of preferences. Utd have others like Savic further up the list.

JonahWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Don't know about anyone else but much as Collins and Guedes are two solid additions we are not really dealing with our pitifully small squad are we?
Sort of yes sort of no.
It’s still thin, and still desperately short in midfield.
But Collins and Guedes in, for Coady and Fabio out, is a net gain of 2 players that would actually get in the starting 11, rather than zero or +1.
The Raul injury kind of shifted the perspective, but would Bruno otherwise be willing to regularly start Fabio? Nope. Does Coady start in a back 4? Nope.
So 2 system fitting and viable players have been gained.

Gain an appropriate midfielder, or even better 2 and bugger Donk off, I’d be absolutely delighted.

Hoganstolemywife

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Hate to pour cold water but when we were linked with him last year I saw him play twice on Sky. A little too impetuous and tactically naive

Gonzales was always going to be the pawn to free up Guedes. It simply how it works with Jorge’s carousel. I fully expect the carousel to come into play again, shortly.
Over the past two years I've complained a lot about how morally bankrupt it is to be a part of the Mendes carousel. In fact, I thought it was a welcome change that we started expanding outside of Mendes' reach after the Silva deal.

I absolutely go back on my word.

I'd much be buying top international pros than scrambling around at 10pm on deadline day with a failed bid for Keiffer Moore after a summer of failing to get the right targets in - some of them at the last minute and thus not leaving us with any time to pursue alternative targets.

I completely understand that it's difficult to bring in the right players and to balance the squad. I think the last two years (which haven't been cataclysmic, despite what I read on here, but have certainly represented a marked decrease in transfer quality) proves that.

I'd much rather be worrying about Wolves being part of a morally spurious agents dealings than worry about poor transfer dealings. Probably says a lot about me!

Skrilla

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Not sure if Boubacar Traore is an immediate upgrade to our midfield, looks fairly raw but only 20 and physically fits the profile we need, he'll at least fill out our midfield depth for now, and potentially be a key player for us by next season with development.

Relatively cheap too compared to what Nunes would have cost us (if he had fancied the move, but he clearly doesn't), so perhaps there is still a good amount in the coffers to go after a quality striker to compete with Jimenez, we've been linked with so many at this point. I do wonder if that will be contingent on us selling MGW to Forest, if they stump up the £35-40m we want without the fairy tale addons.

TheTwoPigeons

Groupie
Reaction score
Precious little on youtube about Boubacar Traore but found a couple of great goals from him last season:

Great composure on the first and fantastic strike on the second.

Could have a good signing on our hands here if it goes through.

And for a lower fee not the end of the word if it doesn't work out anyway.

KBWWFC

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
This is why Bruno was training the 433. Neves drops back into a back 3 when needed.
I've been saying we need to do this for years, Neves has spent so much of his games holding hands with Coady that he might as well drop in during a 4.

Means we need runners either side of him though.

Not the best people to listen to.

Semedo got left 2/3v1 in that game against Munich. They played 4312 and left him completely isolated.

Yeah, they're completely blinkered, had this conversation with Barca fans a few months ago, they think it's all Semedos fault.

Ginger Chimp

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Precious little on youtube about Boubacar Traore but found a couple of great goals from him last season:

Is it just me that has a message on these links saying they can’t be shown?

hollo

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Not sure if Boubacar Traore is an immediate upgrade to our midfield, looks fairly raw but only 20 and physically fits the profile we need, he'll at least fill out our midfield depth for now, and potentially be a key player for us by next season with development.

Relatively cheap too compared to what Nunes would have cost us (if he had fancied the move, but he clearly doesn't), so perhaps there is still a good amount in the coffers to go after a quality striker to compete with Jimenez, we've been linked with so many at this point. I do wonder if that will be contingent on us selling MGW to Forest, if they stump up the £35-40m we want without the fairy tale addons.
Palace won't be able to boss us if we get this kid.

SteveBullsKnee

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Therein lies the problem. Sadly, we are not as an attractive option, as Newcastle say, at this moment in time.
I imagine both players are looking at better clubs than Newcastle at present also.

I think this is the problem that as fans isn’t always considered. Getting a) players that are available b) at a realistic price c) within a wage structure d) want to join e) improve us Is not as easy as people think especially as those sorts of players will also be on the radar of many other clubs both bigger than us and with a wider budget.

Streathamwolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Anyone we sign may have a spell on the bench,its football no one is a guaranteed starter
Raul has been far from at his best,Neto is still getting back from injury,and i dont really see Guedes as either position tbh
Must admit i dont enough about his playing style to be confident of anything,but going on the few clips ive seen of him,he will play more of a roaming 8 just behind the forwards
MGW/Pod far more the position he will take but not necessarily so ,guess we wait till he pulls on the shirt eh?
Your description reminds me of a certain K Hibbitt.

Eastyorksyeltz

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

We might have to bank on some of other side's signing some poor french keepers if he was to duplicate these goals in the PL though.

Back
Top Bottom