Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

The happy days are here again, hopefully no more repeated arguments, transfer thread

Asthmatic Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Reflecting on the last few days well done Wolves.

Committed to a back 4, moved on Coady which was brave (caveat - as long as there was a good loan fee) and signed GG who will score goals and play the Bruno way.

I think Hwang can score and Guedes can fill in up front so less concerned about the striker position though would be good to get a proper striker in.

However I hate to be a wet lettuce (aren’t all lettuces wet they are mostly made up of water..? Is lettuces even the right plural?) but without a dynamic central midfielder I fear it could all amount to rearranging the deckchairs on the Titanic, as we look unbelievably vulnerable to the press and we don’t transition through midfield well/at all which makes us very predictable.

Let’s get a good CM in it will pay dividends upon dividends if we get it right as we are now close to being a very good team. So let’s Guo and Shi what we’ve Scott left in the locker! **signs contract for the Sun**

sillytuna

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I suppose it goes both ways yes, but i’ve lost count at the amount of times i’ve seen people defending the club & questioning if we were ever “really in for a player” after the windows ended, or they’ve gone elsewhere etc. despite it being reported as fact by reliable journalists lol
You can't take any (or almost any) journalist rumours about transfers as gospel. All journalists are used by clubs and agents. And virtually no journalist reports transfer rumours as facts because they know how it works.

Jayjaywolves

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Reflecting on the last few days well done Wolves.

Committed to a back 4, moved on Coady which was brave (caveat - as long as there was a good loan fee) and signed GG who will score goals and play the Bruno way.

I think Hwang can score and Guedes can fill in up front so less concerned about the striker position though would be good to get a proper striker in.

However I hate to be a wet lettuce (aren’t all lettuces wet they are mostly made up of water..? Is lettuces even the right plural?) but without a dynamic central midfielder I fear it could all amount to rearranging the deckchairs on the Titanic, as we look unbelievably vulnerable to the press and we don’t transition through midfield well/at all which makes us very predictable.

Let’s get a good CM in it will pay dividends upon dividends if we get it right as we are now close to being a very good team. So let’s Guo and Shi what we’ve Scott left in the locker! **signs contract for the Sun**
Letti?

SanFranWolf

Transfer summary thread supremo
Reaction score
It seemed nailed on last week that Batshuayi was coming in.

Given events at RB Leipzig possibly giving us a chance at Andre Silva (finally after all these years), Ramos still at Benfica despite Newcastle getting involved and what looks like a last minute hiccup for Belotti to goto Roma

I wonder if the delay on Bats is because we’re trying to work through that lot.

Out of interest, of those 4, who would people most like?

Andre Silva for me btw,

Dan G WWFC

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

Given events at RB Leipzig possibly giving us a chance at Andre Silva (finally after all these years), Ramos still at Benfica despite Newcastle getting involved and what looks like a last minute hiccup for Belotti to goto Roma

Andre Silva for me btw,

Silva for out and out striker but Ramos if we want to keep Raul next year.

I think as you've said, Michy is on hold Incase we don't get another one in.

Anybody down the Mount or up a tree?

Hoganstolemywife

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

Andre Silva for me btw,
I'd choose Belotti but I've always loved him. then Silva, then Ramos then Bats.

Don't mind Bats at all but I'd rather we go big (obviously)

CelebrityWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

Andre Silva for me btw,

Belotti for me

North West Wanderer

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Was utter stupidity not to match benficas offer to let him play the Copa (if they'd progressed). Looks like he'd have been a perfect fit as a Nunes alternative
If we’d have signed a player who couldn’t play for us for months, the amount of crying on here would have been unbearable, as would the demands for another signing in that position.
Live in Cumbria now mate. Morecambe would only be an hour for me as well.
Newcastle would be as good as it gets for me now.
N’dombele leaving Spurs. I’d take him here
Talented but a wee dick

Andre Silva for me btw,
Finally after all these years despite not being interested in him.

Skrilla

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

Andre Silva for me btw,
Silva. I love Belotti but I worry he wouldn't fit here, very few Italian's have settled here in recent years, and clearly he wants the Roma move. Goncalo Ramos looks like it won't happen as Benfica want the money now and not in a year, looks like he's going to end up at Newcastle.

If 'MolineuxInsider' is legit, then Silva is our guy. Werner going back there would seem to fit as they said, but that's been reported for a while to happen. Loan with compulsory buy option would obviously help us tremendously, but seems too good to be true. Add to that, signing a striker like that but would be blocking Fabio's route back into our first team next season, unless Jimenez is moved on.

I do think Batshuayi is the fall back option, who I think would provide decent competition to Jimenez, but is clearly a tier below the others we're being linked with. If it meant we could afford to go after a higher quality midfielder, then I'd prefer Batshuayi, but it appears Nunes is off the cards now.

JayStringer

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
My theory is that sellar's fall from grace has been precipitated by the Enzo deal not coming off

Pie in the sky though!

My completely unsubstantiated theory is that Guo spoke up, saying he still wants Wolves to run within their means, but to use more of their means and get back to being exciting and ambitious.

VancouverWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
My completely unsubstantiated theory is that Guo spoke up, saying he still wants Wolves to run within their means, but to use more of their means and get back to being exciting and ambitious.
I doubt that it was a coincidence he was at the friendly in Spain.
Now, what that meant is anybody’s guess.

wolfgar

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Don't know about anyone else but much as Collins and Guedes are two solid additions we are not really dealing with our pitifully small squad are we?
Need another 2 or 3 on top of what we have absolutely, but we’ll prob see MGW and Traore move on too, so I’m not sure we will tbh

Cousins78

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

Andre Silva for me btw,
Ramos for me, only 20 can ease him in and can strike up a partnership with Silva next season

Cousins78

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
The supposed itk on another forum has said another signing in before the weekend, he did say nico and ramos are targets but we wanted loan to buy for nico and barca refused. Doubt ramos will be the signing but who knows

Back
Top Bottom