Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

The happy days are here again, hopefully no more repeated arguments, transfer thread

Jayjaywolves

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
That the club is being run as a self sustainable business apparently so we can’t afford to be doing favours at the expense of ourselves?

By the logic above we should be giving out free season tickets for long standing supporters and not raising ticket prices etc

Coady has been a great guy and a great leader, by all accounts he’s an all around great bloke but on the flip side he’s been rewarded handsomely by the club being given a bumper new contract a few years ago, we’ve given him the showcase and built a system which has helped get him into the England side in the first place.
You could argue that given his new found national exposure and reputation of an all round decent guy. A situation where you have an unhappy Conor Coady at our club could look bad on us.
We already have a job trying to sell the "project"
We paid 2 million for him, he's done a fantastic job and now he's gone with minimal fuss.

T-dot-wolves

Groupie
Reaction score
Would you rather the news break about a transfer early and have a couple of days of nervous tension….or when the deal is done and dusted. I like to suffer
You’re asking whether I like a man up a tree sneaking photos of potential signings, or not??!

Skrilla

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
For me go all out for Nunes, I nw it's difficult but the we might get lucky if nobody else has him...the lad is on 8k a week in Portugal.....

Either Nunes and a cheap centre forward or Ramos and Nico Gonzalez on loan.....I would be prepared to lose Gibbs for either scenerio....

Or keep Gibbs , loan Nico Gonzalez, loan batshuayi or similar....
If there is any chance we can still get Nunes, the club needs to go all out for him. He'd be a perfect fit for this team. If we were to sign only one player to finish this window, it should be him. We have some sort of cover for Jimenez in Guedes/Hwang, but we only have three senior central midfielders, given Bruno clearly doesn't trust Cundle or Ronan at this level, and rightly so. Put a more mobile, ball-winning, carrier of the ball next to Neves and we're cooking.

lets all have a disco

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
If there is any chance we can still get Nunes, the club needs to go all out for him. He'd be a perfect fit for this team. If we were to sign only one player to finish this window, it should be him. We have some sort of cover for Jimenez in Guedes/Hwang, but we only have three senior central midfielders, given Bruno clearly doesn't trust Cundle or Ronan at this level, and rightly so. Put a more mobile, ball-winning, carrier of the ball next to Neves and we're cooking.
Totally agree........

The Wolf Of Wombourne

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
You could argue that given his new found national exposure and reputation of an all round decent guy. A situation where you have an unhappy Conor Coady at our club could look bad on us.
We already have a job trying to sell the "project"
We paid 2 million for him, he's done a fantastic job and now he's gone with minimal fuss.
So if Neves goes next year with an option to buy as he deserves champions league football are we all feeling the same?

NothingButNeto

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Benfica play tonight in the Champions league qualification - let’s see if Ramos or Rafa Silva are there.

WeAreTheWolvesII

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I'd rather a more proven CM option anyway.

As above, I think it's the most important signing we'll make now.

I'm not even sure it has to be a runner anymore. I think we needed someone who could break forward last season because we were so boring and a central midfielder who could give us this attacking threat was required.

Now, I think a front four of Guedes, Podence, Neto and Jimenez creates a lot of chances, has many different qualities and I hope that scoring goals won't be a problem.

I'd be more worried about the other way.

I'd go for a physical player who can win the ball back and do the dirty side of the game that those front four maybe won't. Yes, Palhinha would've been perfect IMO. Someone of that ilk anyway.

We need to make sure we aren't a soft touch.

Quite funny how, IMO, we will have gone full circle from the team last season.

Flump

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
So if Neves goes next year with an option to buy as he deserves champions league football are we all feeling the same?

That would quite clearly be a very different situation, unless we make a switch to use a formation that doesn't include a centre midfielder!

Even then, I'd want to know how big the loan fee is, before throwing a strop about it.

Rhyl Wolf

Reaction score
Can see Raul eventually playing second fiddle to Guedes. If Nunes is holding out for one of the Top 6, he may be surprised. ManU would be a good fit, but they seem to have lost their marbles & have no sense of direction (Heartbreaking aint it?).

Contrarian

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I agree we have more pressing issues which is why I'd only look for a cheap option.

The point with Dawson and Burn - and Ryan Bennett for us, is that these types of players are out there for cheap. I wasn't saying sign those two, just someone of that ilk.

Not world beaters, but when needed as backup due to injuries (or to rest first teamers for cup matches instead of flogging them into the ground), will do a better job then the Under 23s. And to pre-empt the "but that will block the young players progress" - we can send them all out on loan for real first team football. Something we can't do now as we are so low in numbers. The likes of Bueno, Campbell are too good for Under 23 football , yet not ready for Premier League. Something like Championship or the Fabio loan ideal.

So yes, having someone like those you name would be beneficial in many ways.

Minimalist

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I agree, but also I think quite a bit depends on if we plan to mostly play 433 or 4231, if the latter then a new midfielder isn’t so important? In fact keeping mgw might be seen as more beneficial.

I don’t know enough about Nunes to say if he’d be ideal or not but from comments on here he sounds like quite an attacking player, I’d be surprised to see him in a midfield 2 with 4 players ahead of him. In a 433 he sounds ideal to replace Donk and/or rotate with Moutinho.

Bryce

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Actually , I have absolutely no issue with Neves going to get champions league or europa football next year. I would have loved it if he had got it here last season when , lets be perfectly honest , we were best placed to achieve it in February. The club will look at the deals and what does or does not make business sense. I get ****y when they spout nonsense about FFP or a need to sell to buy which , lets be honest is all smoke and mirrors skullduggery once the annual accounts are published.

If Neves stays this year I hope we have a great season finish top half, win a cup and qualify for europe as well as bringing 3 or 4 new players in over the next 4 weeks ( 2 this window two Jan) to 9 months that mean we have a squad that can actually challenge for that 7th spot or higher. I think then it would give us a stronger hand to convince him to stay. He is happy , his family is settled. Its not like he is itching to go. But if we did all that and he still said I want to go and win things whop the hell could blame him?

Jayjaywolves

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Neves has unquestionable quality, he's without a doubt one of Jeff's crown Jewels and we'd be selling him to the sort of club that won't be arguing about obligations. They would just buy him.

tonto

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Actually , I have absolutely no issue with Neves going to get champions league or europa football next year. I would have loved it if he had got it here last season when , lets be perfectly honest , we were best placed to achieve it in February. The club will look at the deals and what does or does not make business sense. I get ****y when they spout nonsense about FFP or a need to sell to buy which , lets be honest is all smoke and mirrors skullduggery once the annual accounts are published.

If Neves stays this year I hope we have a great season finish top half, win a cup and qualify for europe as well as bringing 3 or 4 new players in over the next 4 weeks ( 2 this window two Jan) to 9 months that mean we have a squad that can actually challenge for that 7th spot or higher. I think then it would give us a stronger hand to convince him to stay. He is happy , his family is settled. Its not like he is itching to go. But if we did all that and he still said I want to go and win things whop the hell could blame him?
Could not agree more
Some people seem to think we have a magic wand
To much Harry Potter me thinks

rincewind

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Neves has unquestionable quality, he's without a doubt one of Jeff's crown Jewels and we'd be selling him to the sort of club that won't be arguing about obligations. They would just buy him.
Indeed. Whoever Neves joins is unlikely to feel the need for a get out clause in the event of relegation!

SA Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
We're re-signing Michael Mancienne? I wouldn't give Burton more than £35m inc. add-ons.
Michael Moore I heard. That big, fat bloke who makes the docu-films. 68 and overweight, but probably more mobile than Leander. What?

Padraig

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I have it on good authority that the guy in the tree was Scott Sellars trying to find out who we had signed
Sellars when Jeff has to turn to Mendes to rescue our transfer window yet again

ESQkII2XsAM6BYK.jpg

Adrian_Monk

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Sellars when Jeff has to turn to Mendes to rescue our transfer window yet again

ESQkII2XsAM6BYK.jpg
Well what do you expect, he'd 'like to think that we are a club that likes to think that we would like to think we do things the right way' :|

NothingButNeto

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
He is pretty highly rated has the mobility to get forward which we lack from central a midfield
Can he play in a pivot 2? I’m really trying to figure out how Lage wants to set up this season. Guedes makes me think 4-4-2 or 4-2-3-1, not the 4-3-3

Woburn Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
That’s what I read and fabrizo was On about him going there this am
Romano simply said Valencia had “asked” for Nico. That is a lot different from him going there. Hopefully Mendes can work his magic for us. We

W

WasStefan

So are you saying Coady should have been able to dictate our formation?

Yes Bruno changing formation has led to CC leaving, but that's not forcing him out, he could have quite easily stayed and fought for his place.
I didnt suggest that

NothingButNeto

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Any new information of the second signing from yesterday (or if it’s true)? I’ve heard it was Maxi Gomez, but has that picked up at all?

OJtonner90

Reaction score
Looks like Traore from Sassuolo is out til September with a fractured foot - will that impact a summer move?

Back
Top Bottom