Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Would you sell Coady or keep

Coady

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

marrs-guitar

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
It might not be actually be the end of Coady here.

Many probably thought Adama was gone for good in January or Cutrone was finally off our hands two years ago. These loans with "obligations" often turn out differently than one expects and with our run of results who knows how long Lage lasts. Had the World Cup been in the summer than this situation would probably never have occurred.

That aside, it will be incredibly odd to have to line up against him this season.

Alex Rae The Substitute

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Very sad day indeed.

Modern day legend. Always gave 100% and the transformation under Nuno from lower level midfield clogger to cultured passer from the back, to England player was great to watch.

Sure, he had a few limitations, but was comfortably our most consistent performer at the back last season.

This feels like almost as big a gamble as parting ways with Nuno last summer, if this back 4 thing doesn’t go to plan, the back 5 suddenly doesn’t seem so steady either.

Lastly, I can only imagine the void that will be left by him in the dressing room. A huge character and proper leader.

It’s a big thanks to Conor from me.

Alex Rae The Substitute

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
It might not be actually be the end of Coady here.

Many probably thought Adama was gone for good in January or Cutrone was finally off our hands two years ago. These loans with "obligations" often turn out differently than one expects and with our run of results who knows how long Lage lasts. Had the World Cup been in the summer than this situation would probably never have occurred.

That aside, it will be incredibly odd to have to line up against him this season.

Surely if he’s on loan he won’t be lining up against us?

SuperGran

Off with her head!
Reaction score
of Course he is the august picture in the wolves calendar may have to turn to September early :cry:

Reactions: Ned

berwickwolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Very sad day. When Wolves showed him turning up for training at Compton, and I can't find the clip so it may have been taken down, he said how much he loved the place and was so happy to be back. He will be hugely missed. However, for his chance at a World cup place it is obvious he has to go. And I think the club has, once again, as with Jota and Traore, done well by a player who has done well for us.

I wish him well, but feel a little bit in mourning. I would have loved him and Nuno to lift a trophy as leaders of the Wolves pack.

It's also a big vote of confidence in Lage delivering with his new tactics. The future will be the judge.

If Coady does read this, then thanks for brilliant memories, you're a top, top man and we were proud to have you as our captain. All the best.

maws

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Met the guy in week 2 of his Wolves Career, absolutely lovely fella, but even Bully didn’t last forever. Time waits for no footy team. It’s the right decision all round, though I’d say £15m minimum and no loan

Jeff and Scot need to answer questions if it’s a loan

Hoganstolemywife

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Love Conor and he's been brilliant for us.

We can't have 4 reserve CBs in a 4atb system so the more saleable ones have to go, sadly. I hope he goes to the World Cup and he will be the best Wolves captain for many a year in my mind.

I actually think it's quite important to let him go. I remember how well the last Premier League captaincy change went down under Mick!

tonto

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Just noticed we are above Everton in the league because we have scored more goals, well a goal
Now that a novelty

VancouverWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Obviously we don’t like him leaving but we all want Wolves to evolve, so this is where the rubber hits the road.

I‘m glad he goes to a PL club rather than a Championship club as that might be a bit humiliating for him. I hope he has several good years ahead of him at Everton
Now let’s hope that Southgate plays him and he scores a vital goal.

D

Deleted member 8455jwf

I love the "logic" here. Coady has no chance of playing ahead of the three players deemed not as good as him when they weren't called up for the last tournament.
Well they are unlikely to be all CBs called up if any. Probably right backs knowing Southgate. Guéhi has possibly moved past him, as evidenced by him playing more during the Nations League as well.

Jamwolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
My understanding is that he can't play against us in the league but can in the cups.
A Wolves v Everton FA Cup final would be ideal, with Coady walking the ball into his own net in the 90th minute.

wolfslair

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
My understanding is that he can't play against us in the league but can in the cups.
A Wolves v Everton FA Cup final would be ideal, with Coady walking the ball into his own net in the 90th minute.
He did love an own goal with us……. So that could happen lol

Alex Rae The Substitute

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Obviously we don’t like him leaving but we all want Wolves to evolve, so this is where the rubber hits the road.

I‘m glad he goes to a PL club rather than a Championship club as that might be a bit humiliating for him. I hope he has several good years ahead of him at Everton
Now let’s hope that Southgate plays him and he scores a vital goal.

Coady was never going to a championship club at this stage of his career. Are you mad?

By all accounts it sounded like WHU were very interested too, and I bet NUFC were in the mix as well.

VancouverWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Coady was never going to a championship club at this stage of his career. Are you mad?

By all accounts it sounded like WHU were very interested too, and I bet NUFC were in the mix as well.
I knew that. But sometimes players do go down to the championship…….am glad it’s not Coady.

BCWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I would have preferred he stayed, understand why he wants to leave career-wise, but a loan deal makes no sense to me from a business perspective, especially if there is no obligation to buy.

Is it a brave move or more hubrus from Sellars? Time will tell.

blackbullyV2

Reaction score
So we've just given our captain to Everton, effectively for free, when they're absolutely desperate?

Sod the World Cup, this is Wolves, they're rivals, what the hell??

Ewok vs Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Pretty gutted now
If the switch to a back 4 doesn't work we are ****ed

Alex Rae The Substitute

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
So we've just given our captain to Everton, effectively for free, when they're absolutely desperate?

Sod the World Cup, this is Wolves, they're rivals, what the hell??

It’s very hard not to feel this way.

I’m going to assume we’re in for 2/3 quality signings over the next couple of weeks to really bolster the squad. I have nothing to suggest this will be the case (maybe Guedes)… but otherwise I’ll cry at how week our squad is looking ATM.

Macman

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I’ll stop you at ‘Wolves’ and ‘FA Cup Final’ Jamwolf.

wolveslegend

Groupie
Reaction score
Happens all the time. We sold Doherty to Spurs. Man City sold Zinchenco and Jesus to name a few.
trying to compare our squad to city is ridiculous, plus city sold the players for mega money we are giving him to Everton for practically pence on the hope they might buy . pathetic business.

tonto

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Reckon that F.A cup is already ours

Joshwolf218

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Well it seems the club have answer the question

Loan with option

T

TheConcourse

There could be another angle to this. Perhaps the club aren’t 100% on Lage - which I guess is understandable.

Could be an opportunity to bring Coady back into the mix next season and stay match sharp.

Or potentially a World Cup would increase his value further and create a bidding war next summer.

Edit: And before anyone @‘s me for the Barca and Traore thing. Don’t be that guy. Not every situation is the same.

Last edited by a moderator:

Sussex Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
There could be another angle to this. Perhaps the club aren’t 100% on Lage - which I guess is understandable.

Could be an opportunity to bring Coady back into the mix next season and stay match sharp.

Or potentially a World Cup would increase his value further and create a bidding war next summer.

All of that could be true. What could also be true, is Wolves not dumping Coady in the Champ should Everton struggle and end up relegated.

NJWolves69

Groupie
Reaction score

Edit: And before anyone @‘s me for the Barca and Traore thing. Don’t be that guy. Not every situation is the same.
I'm not so sure Coady would want to be back in the mix so soon. Business is business and I'm sure he understands that, but as a competitor and captain, he's got to be pretty ****ed that the club bought his replacement and he was dropped.

Doubt there would be any long term hard feelings on his end, but re-integrating back into the squad in less than a year feels like a big ask.

Back
Top Bottom