Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

The happy days are here again, hopefully no more repeated arguments, transfer thread

Bawtry Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Would be happy with silva but hoping we go all out on ramos, starting to score for fun for benfica
If we get either and with Fabio back next season could we be thinking we’d let Raul go next year. Let whoever comes in have a year to bed in on a loan to buy and then put Raul in the mix as part of the payment. Similar to Gonzalez and Neves.

Cousins78

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
If we get either and with Fabio back next season could we be thinking we’d let Raul go next year. Let whoever comes in have a year to bed in on a loan to buy and then put Raul in the mix as part of the payment. Similar to Gonzalez and Neves.
Guess it all depends on how well Raul performs this season, think he will improve if he has competition

SmiffyWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Still no signings ?

They going to put the signs out for the Circus on Saturday in Waterloo road .

Skrilla

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I meant with RAN in.
I think there is a good chance if RAN struggles like he did on Saturday, that we go with Jonny at left back and Semedo at right back while we're still adjusting to playing in a back four. I think RAN has incredible potential, but Jonny and Semedo obviously well seasoned players. Already playing with two young centre backs, albeit I did think Collins and Kilman played very well given the pressure Leeds put us under especially in the first half.

Minimalist

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I think there is a good chance if RAN struggles like he did on Saturday, that we go with Jonny at left back and Semedo at right back while we're still adjusting to playing in a back four. I think RAN has incredible potential, but Jonny and Semedo obviously well seasoned players. Already playing with two young centre backs, albeit I did think Collins and Kilman played very well given the pressure Leeds put us under especially in the first half.
Quite possible, but I do think Lage is keen on the fullbacks being on the side to suit their stronger foot.
A 3 man midfield shielding the back 4 would also help adjust to the back 4.

WeAreTheWolvesII

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
That’s a very young, naive defence.
Time for these lads to sink or swim.

Many on here think Ait-Nouri is going to be brilliant. If he is, he needs to start showing it.

Kilman is actually 25 but still gets treated like a kid which I presume is down to the lack of games he's had. But, again, time to step up now and kick-on.

Collins is similar to Ait-Nouri. We've heard the hype, now back it up.

I get your concerns but I think it's the right way to go.

I mentioned before how our whole strategy needed to change if we were to get the big sales - like Brighton. We need to play higher, we need to take risks and these are three players that could in theory go for massive money down the line and will be key to our future success as a club.

Obviously, as a risk it could go wrong but in the back three it felt like there was always a comfort blanket for Kilman, Ait-Nouri etc. maybe even Neves to a degree.

Now, we're going all-in that these players are as good as we think/hope.

Skrilla

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Quite possible, but I do think Lage is keen on the fullbacks being on the side to suit their stronger foot.
A 3 man midfield shielding the back 4 would also help adjust to the back 4.
Very true... but when you have 3 senior midfielders and 1 of them is injured it isn't, unfortunately.

Mark Rankines Lovechild

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
On the face of it though, as much as some moan about the club for their inactivity, the leaving players have saved us nothing but wages whilst the 2 incoming players (as it stands presently) are costing 47m. It doesn't appear the owners have abandoned us as we sometimes believe - with more players to come it seems.

I suppose we need to set our minds back the the days of the Morgan and Moxey and the loan signings of Sagbo, Danny Graham, and permanent signings such as Nathan Byrne (who?) and other such tosh, and then count our lucky stars.

Back
Top Bottom