Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

The happy days are here again, hopefully no more repeated arguments, transfer thread

Cousins78

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
And this:

Guedes, they are very confident but still a bit of work to do. The other names they are keeping close to their chest as they don’t want other finding out and out bidding them. Although the owners are very wealthy they are almost saying you have to fund what’s coming in from sales…
Cheers, appreciate the info,hope we can get guedes over the line sounds like its at the final stage. Are the 2-3 deals on top of guedes? Hopefully the replacement for MGW is an upgrade must be a loan though as if we get 35 plus mill it will even out the guedes and hwang fees?

Chris H

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
No way they can turn down the silly amounts Forest will bid for MGW now.

Got any positions?
Yep, heard something about positions, didn’t quite catch what was said but I’ve heard we’re either after a 6 and a 9, or could have been a 69.*

I’d be happy with either tbh!

*Disclaimer: this conversation didn’t really happen and nor, unfortunately, is the latter likely to either with that being from a solid source (my missus).

Derbywolf85

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Which FFP rules though? The PL l agree. We did, though breach UEFA FFP rules and were actually punished for that. There were some questions over EFL FFP too.

We only have to adhere to UEFA FFP if we are competing in their competitions, which we are not.

We are currently permitted to lose up to £105m over a rolling 3 year period - so £35m a year can be losses.

Chris H

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
We only have to adhere to UEFA FFP if we are competing in their competitions, which we are not.

We are currently permitted to lose up to £105m over a rolling 3 year period - so £35m a year can be losses.
True, but if the aim is to get in to Europe then surely we have to be mindful of UEFA’s rules as otherwise as soon as we qualify we get another set of sanctions again. And I’d imagine as we’ve already had one the next lot wouldn’t be so leinient.

This is the issue with the glass ceiling, you can try and spend your way over it, then you’ll get punished for doing so and forced back below.

WickedWolfie

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

Had we qualified last season, which looked quite likely,.....

Wolf in the sun

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Anything to all these “Neto to Arsenal” articles that are suddenly popping up now that we look to be closing on Guedes?
really can t see this happening...one really good season with us and he will be a 100 mil plus player (IMO)...would be madness

Joshwolf218

Has a lot to say
Reaction score

Yes it's the mail but remember Cornwall said through his info packets we wanted him on loan earlier in the window

D

Deleted member 8455jwf

Sa
Semedo Collins Kilman Jonny
Neves Donk
Neto Guedes Podence
Raul
Jonny should not be starting over Ait-Nouri, he had as bad a game defensively as RAN. RAN made a glaring error but he got opened up down Jonny's side when Leeds did have a bit of joy.

He has lost his athleticism in a big way, Semedo/RAN are first choice by miles for me.

D

Deleted member 8455jwf

True, but if the aim is to get in to Europe then surely we have to be mindful of UEFA’s rules as otherwise as soon as we qualify we get another set of sanctions again. And I’d imagine as we’ve already had one the next lot wouldn’t be so leinient.

This is the issue with the glass ceiling, you can try and spend your way over it, then you’ll get punished for doing so and forced back below.
We can spend plenty under UEFA FFP, the £50M loss from Championship (which incidentally people don't seem to mention when maligning the big clubs outspending everyone as we did in the Champ) was the root cause and that is no issue whatsoever. UEFA gave big grace period for covid of 2 seasons, and we are profitable in every one.

FFP does not limit our spending

DanishWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

Yes it's the mail but remember Cornwall said through his info packets we wanted him on loan earlier in the window

Guedes, Gonzalez plus 1-2 more would mean a poor window has turned into a rather good window and I'd be the first to applaud the much criticised recruitment team. Slow out of the blocks but if we get our targets in the end, that's the most important thing.

D

Deleted member 8455jwf

The skill to beat the press and strength and ability to make that run is something that would transform our midfield. It's so frustrating we couldn't get this over the line (yet!).
He doesn't want to join, not about getting it over the line. He is playing in the Champions League and playing well, he doesn't need the shop window like Neves/Jota did. Everyone knows who he is

SuperGran

Off with her head!
Reaction score
We can spend plenty under UEFA FFP, the £50M loss from Championship (which incidentally people don't seem to mention when maligning the big clubs outspending everyone as we did in the Champ) was the root cause and that is no issue whatsoever. UEFA gave big grace period for covid of 2 seasons, and we are profitable in every one.

FFP does not limit our spending
Exactly it only hindered us because of our championship income was accounted for

Derbywolf85

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

All of our big losses have now dropped off the accounting period.

If we qualified for the 2023/2024 UEFA Competitions the 3 year period would cover 2022/2023, 2021/2022, 2020/2021 - The latter of which was hampered by a Pandemic.

There's nothing to worry about from an FFP standpoint.

D

Deleted member 8455jwf

Is this purely the Guedes thing or are we relying on Uncle Jorge for someone else?
If we are in for Nico from Barca it will be Mendes, might not be his agent I haven't checked but it doesn't matter he will broker the deal.

stever

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Cheers, appreciate the info,hope we can get guedes over the line sounds like its at the final stage. Are the 2-3 deals on top of guedes? Hopefully the replacement for MGW is an upgrade must be a loan though as if we get 35 plus mill it will even out the guedes and hwang fees?
I'd imagine another 2 and him

WickedWolfie

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

Starsky

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I really hope we don't get drawn into helping Barca with another favourable deal.

We have done more than enough for Mendes to get us Nico on decent terms.

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
There needs to be a full and proper investigation in to Barcelona.

They are quite clearly crooked as **** and absolutely ruined financially.
Heard on Talksport that Leeds are not over confident of getting all the money they are owed for Rafiniha

Joshwolf218

Has a lot to say
Reaction score

North West Wanderer

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Jonny should not be starting over Ait-Nouri, he had as bad a game defensively as RAN. RAN made a glaring error but he got opened up down Jonny's side when Leeds did have a bit of joy.

He has lost his athleticism in a big way, Semedo/RAN are first choice by miles for me.
That’s a very young, naive defence.

Back
Top Bottom