Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Andrea Belotti.

SanFranWolf

Transfer summary thread supremo
Reaction score
Posting this as I think It deserves it’s own thread.

I’ve mentioned before that a friend of mine is a Torino fan and his family have season tickets so they’ve seen him a lot since he joined them 7 years ago.

In that time in Serie A he’s scored 100 goals in 232 appearances and has been a regular starter for Italy where he’s scored 12 in 44.

In short my mate tells me that Belotti has been Torino’s talisman, in some games an unplayable one man army. His finishing with either foot is to quote my mate, ‘Letale’ and he’s good in the air. He scores goals. Physicality wise, he will have no problems even against the toughest of Premier League defenders. He’s been Torino’s Captain for a long time and is a big leader both on the field and in the dressing room. As you can imagine he is a big fan favourite.

We have nobody like him in our side today.

When we beat Torino, I said to my mate we could do with someone just like Belotti, his reply was that 1. He would never leave Torino and 2. Even If he did it would be to stay in Italy and a deal would be for massive money.

- They are all still in shock that he left them on a free.

IMO Landing someone like this would be a huge marquee signing, similar to us signing Patricio or Moutinho.

Given the other rumours this summer, I think this is probably in the realms of fantasy football but given the 1% chance we might sign him I thought it worth posting his own thread

Goals.

Discuss.

Last edited:

Wolf 82

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Not convinced he would come, so not getting too involved in the thought of the idea..

I think the draw for a lot of Portuguese players is comrades and seeing players careers kick on here.. we haven’t had the same success with Italians.

In theory, I would love him though.

Wolf316

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Not convinced he would come, so not getting too involved in the thought of the idea..

I think the draw for a lot of Portuguese players is comrades and seeing players careers kick on here.. we haven’t had the same success with Italians.

In theory, I would love him though.
Would love him here too I just don’t see him leaving Italy.

Guzeppi

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Only a Torino fan would be so effusive.

He's Italian which makes him look better in Italian eyes.

In truth he's not that great. Good though, very good, but not great. Of course, for Torino, a super star, but not for the top 6 serie A teams.

AndyY

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Was very good against us; would love him at Wolves but dont think there is any chance he will leave Italy.

D

Deleted member 8455jwf

Big time penalty merchant. Serie A give them like confetti and he is an excellent taker despite the Euro final.
Would pass personally.

Dan G WWFC

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
No chance he joins us, doesn't want to leave Italy, agent wants a big fee, big wages and European football.

We apparently offered him 70k a week and he wasn't interested

Macman

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Personally id love him here, but if he doesnt want to come, or won’t change his mind, then move on.

Ned

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
What’s he like since he started getting injuries? In the Euros he looked as slow as.

WolfInSheep'sClothing

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
He would be amazing in a 4-4-2 with traore on one wing, Neto on the other. Raul and guedes could fight it out for the other forward spot. Batshuayi as back up

Hoganstolemywife

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I read somewhere (I think) that he loves Italy and had only left for Football matches. I seriously doubt he will come here. Roma beckons.

Top player though.

Ajorque, him or Silva would be very good.

Adrian_Monk

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

In truth he's not that great. Good though, very good, but not great. Of course, for Torino, a super star, but not for the top 6 serie A teams.
He's no Christian Lucarelli

Beijing Wolf

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Saw this thread and got all exciting thinking it was going to be the same as the Guedes one showing some concrete rumour that he was on the way!

Nope it’s just a discussion about the possibility…….:(

Hsvwolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
He heard Peppitos had closed otherwise he'd have come .......

Bill S Preston Esq.

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Posting this as I think It deserves it’s own thread.

I’ve mentioned before that a friend of mine is a Torino fan and his family have season tickets so they’ve seen him a lot since he joined them 7 years ago.

In that time in Serie A he’s scored 100 goals in 232 appearances and has been a regular starter for Italy where he’s scored 12 in 44.

In short my mate tells me that Belotti has been Torino’s talisman, in some games an unplayable one man army. His finishing with either foot is to quote my mate, ‘Letale’ and he’s good in the air. He scores goals. Physicality wise, he will have no problems even against the toughest of Premier League defenders. He’s been Torino’s Captain for a long time and is a big leader both on the field and in the dressing room. As you can imagine he is a big fan favourite.

We have nobody like him in our side today.

When we beat Torino, I said to my mate we could do with someone just like Belotti, his reply was that 1. He would never leave Torino and 2. Even If he did it would be to stay in Italy and a deal would be for massive money.

- They are all still in shock that he left them on a free.

IMO Landing someone like this would be a huge marquee signing, similar to us signing Patricio or Moutinho.

Given the other rumours this summer, I think this is probably in the realms of fantasy football but given the 1% chance we might sign him I thought it worth posting his own thread

Goals.

Discuss.
I said when we played Torino that he was built for the PL.

I once said Danny Graham would be a perfect signing for us. He signed three weeks later. He wasn't.

Last edited:

SanFranWolf

Reaction score

Where would you rank him in terms of current premier league strikers?

Bob Wolf

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
I think he would be a brilliant signing. I just think he will have better offers than us on the table. At least he knows that he would always make the squad as we basically have more of a kindergarten than a bench currently.

BlahBlah

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Is it that we just want Bellotti, or somebody like Bellotti? He's not going to be great at pass and move outside the box, but he's a poacher with quick feet and he can shoot. Surprised we didnt go for Cornet at 17.5mill, thats a good price for a striker.

WickedWolfie

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Is it that we just want Bellotti, or somebody like Bellotti? He's not going to be great at pass and move outside the box, but he's a poacher with quick feet and he can shoot. Surprised we didnt go for Cornet at 17.5mill, thats a good price for a striker.
£17.5M more than Bellotti. That's a lot of wages....

BlahBlah

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
£17.5M more than Bellotti. That's a lot of wages....

But 3 years younger, so still sellable in his prime to get money back....maybe for more than 17.5 mill the way prices are going.
Belloti would be a free release after a 3 yr contract on top of hefty wages.

JayStringer

Has a lot to say
Reaction score

TBH Belotti has that in his locker. He started out as a winger, so although we think of him as the bustling centre forward we faced a couple years ago, he can also play in wider and deeper attacking positions. Much like Neto, Guedes and MGW, Belotti could adapt.

Guzeppi

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Where would you rank him in terms of current premier league strikers?
I can't really think of anyone like him to be honest. Lukaku comes to mind, but a shorter, less strong and obviously paler version. Similar pace and ability though. Could use an extra half yard.

The premier is a different kettle of fish.

Weird, I know. Open to suggestions.

BlahBlah

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
TBH Belotti has that in his locker. He started out as a winger, so although we think of him as the bustling centre forward we faced a couple years ago, he can also play in wider and deeper attacking positions. Much like Neto, Guedes and MGW, Belotti could adapt.

But aren't we looking for something different to get into the penalty box and score more goals ? I've never known a team have so many potential wide players, but hardly any with the instinct to get on the end of anything?
I know we're playing different football now and players have to be adaptable, but we had Jota playing out wide so much that he wasn't worth a place in the team, then you see what he can do when he's told to attack the 6yrd box ?
We scored 38 goals last season...I just cannot see how we've addressed that with enough importance.

Reactions: Ian

JayStringer

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
But aren't we looking for something different to get into the penalty box and score more goals ? I've never known a team have so many potential wide players, but hardly any with the instinct to get on the end of anything?
I know we're playing different football now and players have to be adaptable, but we had Jota playing out wide so much that he wasn't worth a place in the team, then you see what he can do when he's told to attack the 6yrd box ?
We scored 38 goals last season...I just cannot see how we've addressed that with enough importance.

Well my point was more that Belotti has the other/wider/deeper roles in his locker, but he IS a goalscoring box striker.

SanFranWolf

Reaction score
Odds are on him going to Roma now, apparently they’ve not offered him as much as us but, it’s Italy…

Mile End Wanderer

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I honestly don’t think he’s all that to be honest. Nice to see we’ve made him an offer though Cavani would come for 60/70k a week would lead the line well. But I guess we’re signing Guedes so that’s that

Back
Top Bottom