Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

The happy days are here again, hopefully no more repeated arguments, transfer thread

wolfslair

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
It is, but given who the reporter is, it’s likely the rumour came direct from Forest themselves. Much like Liam when he shares any Wolves updates.
I think the issue is forest speak to the media and aren’t a closed shop for news or leaks or talking to their fans.

Wolves are and that isn’t helping to create the hysteria and panic of our fan base at the moment.

They need to realise that yes fans are emotional, but their inability or lack of wanting to engage with journalists or the media is a significant part of why their is a toxicity to our community of fans on social media.

This club is at the heart of our city, is a big part of families memories, days out and sadly they are doing a lot to remove and distance themselves from people like this and they are reacting with frustration and anger because something that means so much to them is being taken away by people who don’t understand just how special our club is to the very people they are pricing out and not delivering on the reason as to why they were priced out. I have friends who said they could accept being priced out and losing their season tickets after 11 years of going every week if the transfers came in and the club was well run, but they aren’t seeing that and they just feel like the club doesn’t want them or care about their attachment something they were never made to feel by other owners. Granted they weren’t perfect, but at least they didn’t price them out and take their access to the club away on match day and reduce their ability to know what is going on in the club because of the lack of info or stories they share making them feel even further removed from a club they have loved and sacrificed things to go and support.

Stourwolf

Reaction score
Interview with Bruno posted today indicates that he wants to have the option of playing the two systems. Would suggest for me that he at least does not want to sell Coady.
It does but Collins could do that role aswell.maybe not spray passes aswell but would defend better ?

Direwolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Reading some of the posts on this thread reminds me of those cowboy films where a small troop of cavalry are holed up behind a dead tree and a large force of red injuns are creeping up on them. The sergeant is saying hold your fire until they get close and the troop who are a bit green can't hold their nerve and all fire at once way too early.

wolfslair

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Bruno well schooled this time in his interview about incomings
He had to be, there is a growing element in the fan base getting frustrated with the lack of support for Bruno and have beaten the club using his previous quotes and sound bites.

They won’t want this to continue So will no doubt have briefed him on what to say.

SheldonWolf

Reaction score
The frustration is lack of comment from the club. Yes it is a business. But we are the customers of they business and we’ll all be here scraping together season tickets money in 9 months time, and again in years to come, whereas some of the management will be hot on their heels in a couple of years and we’ll be standing in the rain watching this club long after FOSUN have gone.

The current situation is concerning…….very concerning……could be much worse come 5.00 tomorrow.

It’s disgusting that they don’t “let us in” to what their current thinking, strategy, 1yr/3yr plan is. It’s owing us the respect we deserve. Yes I know there is a line, but complete silence coupled with the previous ineptitude and mistakes (leaving just 1 senior striker in the ranks) coupled with further conjecture around Neves, Coady and MGW just breeds a feeling that we as fans are not important, just customers and drives a divide between the boardroom and the stands……& that is a downward spiral that will be difficult to stop.

I very much doubt that this was the master plan for this close season so just come out explain, take the flack and share with us what the next steps are.

wolfslair

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
The frustration is lack of comment from the club. Yes it is a business. But we are the customers of they business and we’ll all be here scraping together season tickets money in 9 months time, and again in years to come, whereas some of the management will be hot on their heels in a couple of years and we’ll be standing in the rain watching this club long after FOSUN have gone.

The current situation is concerning…….very concerning……could be much worse come 5.00 tomorrow.

It’s disgusting that they don’t “let us in” to what their current thinking, strategy, 1yr/3yr plan is. It’s owing us the respect we deserve. Yes I know there is a line, but complete silence coupled with the previous ineptitude and mistakes (leaving just 1 senior striker in the ranks) coupled with further conjecture around Neves, Coady and MGW just breeds a feeling that we as fans are not important, just customers and drives a divide between the boardroom and the stands……& that is a downward spiral that will be difficult to stop.

I very much doubt that this was the master plan for this close season so just come out explain, take the flack and share with us what the next steps are.
Wonderfully well put mate

WickedWolfie

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Or Kilman / Collins can step up to the organisational role and bring Boly in for a back 5?
Sadly Boly looks a busted flush. I hate saying that because he made it look so effortless.

Bacon Sandwich

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Reading some of the posts on this thread reminds me of those cowboy films where a small troop of cavalry are holed up behind a dead tree and a large force of red injuns are creeping up on them. The sergeant is saying hold your fire until they get close and the troop who are a bit green can't hold their nerve and all fire at once way too early.
Which would make Jeff Shi'tting Bull...

Kebab Warrior

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

With the greatest of respect, what are they meant to say? We DO have a master plan and once a few more dominos fall we’ll be signing x player & y player BUT KEEP IT A SECRET?

Or:

Hands up lads, we totally **** the bed on this one. Scott took Nunes to Spearmint Rhino but even a free bucket of wings didn’t sway him.

No club comes out and says what they’re doing in the transfer market… other than Forest and MGW it seems.

Lisas Husband

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I can relate ;)

Beijing Wolf

Has a lot to say
Reaction score

Unfortunately we are very unlikely to get such a statement as accountability is not part of Chinese business culture. I’m sure you have heard about how “face” is very important in their culture and admitting a mistake would lead to a “loss of face” which is to be avoided at any cost. It is a very rigid social convention and I have experienced people going to insane lengths to avoid accepting responsibility for an error.

The only caveat I will add is that Fosun have always been internationally focused so they may have adopted a more Western approach (same with Jeff himself), however it is very unlikely.

wolfslair

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
With the greatest of respect, what are they meant to say? We DO have a master plan and once a few more dominos fall we’ll be signing x player & y player BUT KEEP IT A SECRET?

Or:

Hands up lads, we totally **** the bed on this one. Scott took Nunes to Spearmint Rhino but even a free bucket of wings didn’t sway him.

No club comes out and says what they’re doing in the transfer market… other than Forest and MGW it seems.
The issue is they hardly ever speak to the media on anything, something that Judah, spiers, edwards and now keen have kept saying on the e&s podcast.

The fact they don’t engage at all creates this scenario.

No one expects a break down of the transfer targets, just access to info about the club as a whole would be a massive improvement

WickedWolfie

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Covid has done him in sadly, he isn’t the first and he won’t the last this terrible virus does this to……

He was one of the classiest defender we have seen At molineux ever
Not quite in the Deano or JoLo class but l absolutely agree, at least in my time (which goes back to the late 60s).

wolvesjoe

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Unfortunately we are very unlikely to get such a statement as accountability is not part of Chinese business culture. I’m sure you have heard about how “face” is very important in their culture and admitting a mistake would lead to a “loss of face” which is to be avoided at any cost. It is a very rigid social convention and I have experienced people going to insane lengths to avoid accepting responsibility for a mistake.

The only caveat I will add is that Fosun have always been internationally focused so they may have adopted a more Western approach (Same with Jeff himself), however it is very unlikely.
Very much agree with this.

Main reason why Shi and Sellers gave such poor interviews in the summer. Unable to admit mistakes in January, everything said was just diversionary.

The Wolf In The North

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

Either that or it's the ending of Butch Cassidy And The Sundance Kid, where even when faced with being pinned down and surrounded by heavily armed Bolivian militia, the characters and audience remain cheerfully optimistic. "Good, for a minute there I thought we were in trouble..."

Wednesbury Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Unfortunately we are very unlikely to get such a statement as accountability is not part of Chinese business culture. I’m sure you have heard about how “face” is very important in their culture and admitting a mistake would lead to a “loss of face” which is to be avoided at any cost. It is a very rigid social convention and I have experienced people going to insane lengths to avoid accepting responsibility for an error.

The only caveat I will add is that Fosun have always been internationally focused so they may have adopted a more Western approach (same with Jeff himself), however it is very unlikely.
I have had a few interactions with the Chinese through work although not recently as we found out they were involved in very high level espionage which didn't come as a great shock. The word sorry doesn't really exist in Chinese business, to apologise for even the most glaring error is seen as a massive weakness.
What you say about their inability to ever admit a mistake or a defeat is of course quite true, I think anything that comes out of Fosun needs to be treated with extreme caution.

Wolfyyy

Reaction score
I don’t think that’s a Premier League requirement is it?

It does apply to the Football League. Previously 5, now 7 of any matchday squad of 18 must be homegrown.

But I think the Premier League’s rules still only relate to the 25 man squad named initially, in that you have to have 8 homegrown as part of it (if you register 25 players over 21). So 17 maximum non homegrown over 21. We had 15 non homegrown over 21 and 4 homegrown last season, so we were well within the rules.

I think a matchday squad can be named from any of that 25, or any amount of supplementary U21s (who can be either non homegrown or homegrown).

So if you had the maximum 17 non homegrown, you could name all of them in your matchday squad of 20, plus 3 more non homegrown U21s and you’d still be fine as long as you’d satisfied the initial squad registration criteria.
Ahhh actually, I think you’re right about that being the football league requirement rather than EPL.

I was basing this from FM which I played many years back and was livid when I found myself unable to proceed to matchday because of that requirement. I know FM is just a game, but it follows the rules and regulation of the real thing religiously.

Nevertheless, I think to a certain extent, this still matters with the 17-25 ruling. If improving squad depth is what are aiming to do, we should be holding to as many decently promising homegrown players and that if we do really need to sell, it should only go at a generous premium.

goldfish

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Covid has done him in sadly, he isn’t the first and he won’t the last this terrible virus does this to……

He was one of the classiest defender we have seen At molineux ever
It's possible he could still recover. Look at Fran Kirby: too tired to walk upstairs in April, winning the Euros in July.

wolfslair

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
It's possible he could still recover. Look at Fran Kirby: too tired to walk upstairs in April, winning the Euros in July.
He very much could and I pray he does but it has affected boly for over a year now and fran Kirby is much younger than boly.

Flump

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

Do you honestly think there is anything Wolves could say right now that wouldn't have everyone on here angrily saying ACTIONS, NOT WORDS?

wolfslair

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Do you honestly think there is anything Wolves could say right now that wouldn't have everyone on here angrily saying ACTIONS, NOT WORDS?
I actually believe there is, they could without naming players explain the issues and challenges they have faced.

I think even the most angry person right now would calm down if they spoke to us about these things as other clubs have done or even let the stories “leak” to trusted journalists who can do it on their behalf which is far more common.

CodsallWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
that they don’t “let us in” to what their current thinking, strategy, 1yr/3yr plan is. It’s owing us the respect we deserve. Yes I know there is a line, but complete silence coupled with the previous ineptitude and mistakes (leaving just 1 senior striker in the ranks) coupled with further conjecture around Neves, Coady and MGW just breeds a feeling that we as fans are not important, just customers and drives a divide between the boardroom and the stands……& that is a downward spiral that will be difficult to stop.
I think was what Jeff was trying to do in the Ask Wolves fiasco but it was so muddled, poorly executed and generally dismissive that it inevitably left the fans either disengaged, discombobulated, distressed or depressed.
Hence the lack of trust in the competence of Shi and others and also the lack of trust in Fosun’s strategic interests such then when the MGW rumours ramp up, no-one has any confidence that the club has a coherent position or a strategic plan that will serve the interests of the football club in terms of onfield performance - at all.

Back
Top Bottom