Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

The happy days are here again, hopefully no more repeated arguments, transfer thread

greco wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
"we desparately need a striker"

What about a regular Belgian international who has scored 1 in 2 for his country

"no not that one"

Every time, I don't get how people manage day to day honestly
Agreed. Just posted. Decent strike rate looking at his clubs he’s been at. Just needs a decent run

Northampton_wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
happy with either batshuayi or hwang.

Id rather hwang, as i think he will be fitter and ready to go more so than batshuayi, if you got hwang in tomorrow he could play minutes or cameo saturday

Reactions: Ned

dennison11

Reaction score
I really, really hope Frenkie de Jong is one of these stubborn types, who will just sit out the rest of his contract at Barca until 2026, picks up his money, all his deferred earnings, and stops them registering all the players they have 'bought' while not paying him.
More commonly known as "Pulling a Bale"

goldfish

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Moutinho won't be able to last 90 minutes every game. Neves' disciplinary record isn't the best either.

In terms of other teams using their subs:
For four years on the trot now, we've shown that our midfield cannot handle a press, and that the easiest way to counter us/turn the screw is to place an additional body in midfield.

Opposing managers who employ this tactic would indeed freshen up their midfield to maintain the press and nullify us. If we then look to add legs in midfield mid game we have to massively sacrifice the quality of our midfielder to do that.
Moutinho's fitness has been a pleasant surprise so far, but I accept he might decline. The odd ten mins here or there for Ronan wouldn't be the worst thing imo. Gonzales/AN Other would help to that end too, as well as with Neves' disciplinary record.

I think we'll start with three in midfield anyway tbh, especially against competent pressing teams. Whether Dendocker is good enough is another debate, but it seems clear he's what we'll go with (and worryingly we really don't have back-up for his role in a three). If we start in a two and can't beat the press we'll presumably have Donck to bring on.

I'll say that if we do go with Ronan and Gonzalez/AN Other as midfield backup we need to be prepared to spend in Jan if circumstances call for it.

Northampton_wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Moutinho's fitness has been a pleasant surprise so far, but I accept he might decline. The odd ten mins here or there for Ronan wouldn't be the worst thing imo. Gonzales/AN Other would help to that end too, as well as with Neves' disciplinary record.

I think we'll start with three in midfield anyway tbh, especially against competent pressing teams. Whether Dendocker is good enough is another debate, but it seems clear he's what we'll go with (and worryingly we really don't have back-up for his role in a three). If we start in a two and can't beat the press we'll presumably have Donck to bring on.

I'll say that if we do go with Ronan and Gonzalez/AN Other as midfield backup we need to be prepared to spend in Jan if circumstances call for it.
Gonzales isnt happening maybe in Jan

Northampton_wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
having 5 keepers across the first team, u23 and u18s isnt bad or wrong.

I mean we might let one go for example sondergaard and then another new potential comes in, as we work to get a new number, 1 initially it will be sarkic, we might see this lad as a future number 2 to number 1.

Lobo de Ouro

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
So it looks like we will sell MGW for around £25m , Neves for around £45m and Coady for about £20m
Couple that with the savings of loaning out players and getting rid of a few more and that about covers the £120m or so that FOSUN wrote off
Shi well tell Bruno that we have adequate backups in Campbell and Ronan and we will probably sign a second rate striker and they will hope we manage to stay up
With Fosuns pay off paid back and another year of SKY money in the bank and it’s obvious it’s all a turkey being fattened up for sale
They’ve sure had our pants down with offering inferior product for more money

You're a parody of yourself.

SteveBullsKnee

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I am really sick of this utter amateur non ambitious *******s. How many times are we going to miss chances to capitalise on a good team?

In 10 years time we will look back thinking how great this time was. Neves, Moutinho, Kilman etc..but at the same time it is going to be an era of missed opportunity.

Oh and this korean lad? Sums them up. Sit around that ask Wolves table like the condescending wannabes that they are, x player must tick this box, we only sign the right player, has to fit in the ethos.. etc.. etc... There is only one reason you sign a Korean international. And we know that, because we have one and he is ****ing ****.

****ed off.
Here’s a tissue…… your eyes are leaking

Contrarian

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
The problem with Trincao and Vitinha was less that they were poor, and more that they hampered the development of Gibbs-White*. Gonzalez might take minutes from Ronan (and Cundle, if he doesn't get a loan), but that's perhaps not such an issue. If there's not a ludicrous fee I wouldn't be against it as a way of tiding us over until we have the capital to replace Moutinho. (Any Neves sale fee would fund his replacement.)

*Though I feel a seasonal Sheff U was maybe better for him than starting the season in our first eleven would've been...

Rather like dropping down a gear when driving , to accelerate up a hill, often players need to drop a level to really develop. MGW (and Fabio similarly) seemed to struggle when they were on for a few minutes at the end of a match. "10 minutes to impress", means lots of headless chicken running around and a loss of composure. Giving them a start every now and then isn't much better,when they know that most yof the first XI will start the next 6 games regardless of performance, these youngsters have 1 or 2 matches to impress.

As well as this league being the highest standard in the world. Playing at this level has to become intuitive, and that happens through repetition and trying new things. Both of which have limited opportunities when playing against the best in the world, for a team that needs points. Hone the skills at a lower level. As is pointed out often, many who end up superstars, struggled into their early 20's and played lots of loan matches at lower levels.

Dan G WWFC

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Batshuayi is so hit or miss, either be one of the best signings or a William Jose.

If you look at his record at OM, Dortmund, Besiktas and Palace first time it's 120 games and 57 goals.

Chelsea, Valencia and Palace second time around it's 81 games and 11 goals.

greco wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Batshuayi is so hit or miss, either be one of the best signings or a William Jose.

If you look at his record at OM, Dortmund, Besiktas and Palace first time it's 120 games and 57 goals.

Chelsea, Valencia and Palace second time around it's 81 games and 11 goals.
Last season 42 games and 14 goals

Agreed hit or miss.

What we can’t tell from those stats is how many were as a sub etc.

Mile End Wanderer

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
MGW won’t move before we play Leeds suppose if we think we can do better for 30m we may sell him but it’s risky one good season he’s worth 60/70m without him signing a new deal any time soon we maybe better to cash in

sillytuna

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
So it looks like we will sell MGW for around £25m , Neves for around £45m and Coady for about £20m
Couple that with the savings of loaning out players and getting rid of a few more and that about covers the £120m or so that FOSUN wrote off
Shi well tell Bruno that we have adequate backups in Campbell and Ronan and we will probably sign a second rate striker and they will hope we manage to stay up
With Fosuns pay off paid back and another year of SKY money in the bank and it’s obvious it’s all a turkey being fattened up for sale
They’ve sure had our pants down with offering inferior product for more money
Now we know you're trolling!

Back
Top Bottom