Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

The happy days are here again, hopefully no more repeated arguments, transfer thread

lmuwolf

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Maybe just maybe, the noise about Batshuayi and Hwang are just a smokescreen.

We've not released a 3rd shirt yet have we??

Hmmmm.........

T

TheConcourse

So it looks like we will sell MGW for around £25m , Neves for around £45m and Coady for about £20m
Couple that with the savings of loaning out players and getting rid of a few more and that about covers the £120m or so that FOSUN wrote off
Shi well tell Bruno that we have adequate backups in Campbell and Ronan and we will probably sign a second rate striker and they will hope we manage to stay up
With Fosuns pay off paid back and another year of SKY money in the bank and it’s obvious it’s all a turkey being fattened up for sale
They’ve sure had our pants down with offering inferior product for more money
Jesus. That’s a stretch.

WolfLing

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I take your point and I guess it depends how you rate the Scottish Premier league. But he played there last season and did well.

Scottish Premier League is ranked 16th in the World. Just behind the MLS (15th), but above the Swiss League (18th).

So a lower mid table team like St Mirren would probably be on a par with Grasshoppers, if not a slightly higher standard?

I suppose the question is if we'd have loaned a player to Grasshoppers and they played 29 games, scoring 8 times and was their player of the season, would we be happy with him coming back into the squad the following season?

Undoubtedly.

tonto

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
So it looks like we will sell MGW for around £25m , Neves for around £45m and Coady for about £20m
Couple that with the savings of loaning out players and getting rid of a few more and that about covers the £120m or so that FOSUN wrote off
Shi well tell Bruno that we have adequate backups in Campbell and Ronan and we will probably sign a second rate striker and they will hope we manage to stay up
With Fosuns pay off paid back and another year of SKY money in the bank and it’s obvious it’s all a turkey being fattened up for sale
I do love your optimistic approach to life

Skrilla

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Batshuayi would be decent, I would guess he'd be very open to that given he knows he'd be our only striker for at least two months. Obviously his career hasn't panned out as Chelsea had wanted, but I think he could do a job for us.

goldfish

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
We shouldn't be in a position where we're relying on a player who has never played above league 1 standard to be playing for us in midfield in a premier League game.

Everybody has 5 subs to make, so while other teams will freshen up their midfield, we'll be at a massive disadvantage with the quality drop off. It's shameful.
I don't want Ronan as first choice back-up, but I don't mind him as second.

I think it'll be rare teams use the 5 subs to bring on holding/passing/defensive midfielders except for injuries. It'll be attacking players who get brought on a la Toone and Russo for England women. And tbh that's where our squad is lacking with respect to five subs: there's Hwang, but Traore will necessitate changing the system and Campbell's untested. I suspect this is why Hwang Ui-Jo appeals as he can play wide too.

KBWWFC

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I take your point and I guess it depends how you rate the Scottish Premier league. But he played there last season and did well.

Yet none of the bigger teams in the league have come in for him at a reduced price.

WickedWolfie

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
A loan is low risk and it's an actual striker in the squad, which would be a start!
Wages might be an issue though.... Chavski pay stupid money. Think l saw that he's on £85/wk which might be bearable....

StourWolves

Groupie
Reaction score
I think it's going to take more than 25m for MGW. Maybe a total of 35

WolfLing

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Wages might be an issue though.... Chavski pay stupid money. Think l saw that he's on £85/wk which might be bearable....

If they are willing to pay some too, it's a good deal.

He's out of contract next summer though, so I can't imagine they'd sanction a deal for the whole year, unless they just want him gone and some of his wages off the books.

KBWWFC

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I think it'll be rare teams use the 5 subs to bring on holding/passing/defensive midfielders except for injuries

Moutinho won't be able to last 90 minutes every game. Neves' disciplinary record isn't the best either.

In terms of other teams using their subs:
For four years on the trot now, we've shown that our midfield cannot handle a press, and that the easiest way to counter us/turn the screw is to place an additional body in midfield.

Opposing managers who employ this tactic would indeed freshen up their midfield to maintain the press and nullify us. If we then look to add legs in midfield mid game we have to massively sacrifice the quality of our midfielder to do that.

Direwolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Well we seem to have a lot of irons in the fire today. I think the Hwang one may well happen as FabRom is suggesting it. As for all the others not so sure but it's great that progress really seems to be happening at last.

WolfLing

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Why is Batshuayi perennially available for loan and never down for a permanent move, especially given his age?

No one wants to pay a fee for him, or match his big wages?

Only way he's going to get close to his current earnings is by leaving on a free?

So the club just keep farming him out until his contract expires?

dnf14

Reaction score

dnf14

Reaction score
Or good news for January after he plays a grand total of 0 times for Barca until then.

Why would any player take what Barca tell them on face value anymore?!
Barca have managed to pull the wool over Kounde's eyes (he thinks they'll actually pay him) so it's much easier to believe they can ruse their own academy product.

WolfLing

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Barca have managed to pull the wool over Kounde's eyes (he thinks they'll actually pay him) so it's much easier to believe they can ruse their own academy product.

I really, really hope Frenkie de Jong is one of these stubborn types, who will just sit out the rest of his contract at Barca until 2026, picks up his money, all his deferred earnings, and stops them registering all the players they have 'bought' while not paying him.

SteveBullsKnee

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Is Batshuayi actually good?
Looked fantastic as a youngster but never quite kicked on. One of many players who’s career stalled going to Chelsea and constantly being shipped around.

He was someone I wanted start of the summer so personally I’d be happy with him. Missed chances but great pace and movement

WickedWolfie

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Looked fantastic as a youngster but never quite kicked on. One of many players who’s career stalled going to Chelsea and constantly being shipped around.

He was someone I wanted start of the summer so personally I’d be happy with him. Missed chances but great pace and movement
Him and Traore running at defences would scare more than a few....

Back
Top Bottom