Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

The happy days are here again, hopefully no more repeated arguments, transfer thread

RosehillWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
So it looks like we will sell MGW for around £25m , Neves for around £45m and Coady for about £20m
Couple that with the savings of loaning out players and getting rid of a few more and that about covers the £120m or so that FOSUN wrote off
Shi well tell Bruno that we have adequate backups in Campbell and Ronan and we will probably sign a second rate striker and they will hope we manage to stay up
With Fosuns pay off paid back and another year of SKY money in the bank and it’s obvious it’s all a turkey being fattened up for sale
They’ve sure had our pants down with offering inferior product for more money

Joshwolf218

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
So it looks like we will sell MGW for around £25m , Neves for around £45m and Coady for about £20m
Couple that with the savings of loaning out players and getting rid of a few more and that about covers the £120m or so that FOSUN wrote off
Shi well tell Bruno that we have adequate backups in Campbell and Ronan and we will probably sign a second rate striker and they will hope we manage to stay up
With Fosuns pay off paid back and another year of SKY money in the bank and it’s obvious it’s all a turkey being fattened up for sale

Don't you ever get tired of making things up

Looks like we will sell where you seen this? The local journalism is clearly saying there is no intent to sell MGW without a silly offer, who could say no to £30 million+ offer really. But he is seem as a key player under Bruno clearly from his preseason performances.

Neves could for a premium price to united but the club do very well on sales on proven incidents

Coady for 20 million sounds a good price for a limited charismatic defender if he wants to go let him go.

Your creating your own narrative to be angry about. On the topic of sky money you do know fosun are not siphoning money from the club it does go into running the club and the costs they have.

Have you made your bet on us being relegated yet ?

Last edited:

SteveBullsKnee

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Wow, that’s almost JK Rowling fantasy stuff right there

King Henry VIII

Groupie
Reaction score
I swear that you could get a tug from Margot Robbie and you'd still complain because you didn't like the colour of her nail varnish.

BigL1988

Reaction score
Interesting that in the obligatory Youtube vids, Hwang Ui-Jo seems to play a lot from the flanks as opposed to straight through the middle, would be good cover for all forward positions in all fairness, may not be the only Striker option.

TWOLF

Reaction score

I have a feeling all three will stay. I hope people will stop being so dramatic, you're just working yourself up.

I doubt Fosun are worried about £90m in the grand scheme of things especially when taking the money out of the club would significantly lower the clubs value.

We are currently in the most successful period the club has had in decades but people still find a way to moan. The reality is if we finished 17th the first two seasons in the prem under Nuno instead of 7th we would have a lot more happier fans. The struggles of success!!!!

goldfish

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
The problem with Trincao and Vitinha was less that they were poor, and more that they hampered the development of Gibbs-White*. Gonzalez might take minutes from Ronan (and Cundle, if he doesn't get a loan), but that's perhaps not such an issue. If there's not a ludicrous fee I wouldn't be against it as a way of tiding us over until we have the capital to replace Moutinho. (Any Neves sale fee would fund his replacement.)

*Though I feel a seasonal Sheff U was maybe better for him than starting the season in our first eleven would've been...

NothingButNeto

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
The problem with Trincao and Vitinha was less that they were poor, and more that they hampered the development of Gibbs-White*. Gonzalez might take minutes from Ronan (and Cundle, if he doesn't get a loan), but that's perhaps not such an issue. If there's not a ludicrous fee I wouldn't be against it as a way of tiding us over until we have the capital to replace Moutinho. (Any Neves sale fee would fund his replacement.)

*Though I feel a seasonal Sheff U was maybe better for him than starting the season in our first eleven would've been...
Nico comes in and Cundle on loan to the championship (it’s what he needs anyway). I think another poster already alluded to this.

KBWWFC

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

Vitinha didn't take minutes away from MGW - he was recalled and then Nuno refused to play both of them.

Ronan will be 25 this season and has repeatedly failed to establish himself above league 1 standard, how much development do you think he's got in him?

Ragnar

Reaction score
Not too enthused by most of the striker names going around. Brereton-Diaz might be a smart signing though as he can play up front and in the positions in behind which means he's not just confined to backup when Raul is back and assuming he wouldn't cost the earth being in the final year of his deal.

SanFranWolf

Transfer summary thread supremo
Reaction score
Do you not realise what a remarkably bad idea that would be for the club?
Hey @MattH I didn’t mean it literally. Like quite a few people I’m pretty angry now at how things have gone and are going this summer.

The club have seceded the narrative around transfers to a bunch of rubbish websites that wind people up to get clicks.

I despise all of those websites.

What I’m saying is that The club could have been clever and used forums Like this to back channel to the fans.

Nobody wants to undermine a deal whilst it’s in progress we all get that.

But in the absence of ANY comms what so ever from the club, people get annoyed so you see words like incompetent, negligent, asleep at the wheel being thrown at the club.

I said the other day that trying to help the fans understand what the transfer team do everyday would be a start. For all we know they could all be sitting around a table pulling names out of a hat.

Scallywolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Many thanks for that heartwarming post. I’m amazed you didn’t mention Kilman going to Chelsea and RAN going to Man City!

Just what we need to read on the eve of a new season!

Doomed I tell ya. According to posts like that we are doomed!

Mel Eves on a bike

Reaction score
Genuine question, do you just want them to sign someone even if they’re not an improvement? For me this is the problem, we don’t have the money to build a large squad of players who won’t actually play, so anyone who comes in has to actually challenge Raul for the starting spot, that narrows down the field massively as there aren’t that many that are better than him, and most of them will be out of our reach financially or other clubs won’t want to sell because why would they. So we have to look at players who may be better than Raul given time and that’s a hard thing to judge, and as shown by Cutrone and Hwang and to an extent Fabio can be a very expensive mistake.

Basically what I’m saying is it’s not “incompetence” not to have signed a striker yet, it’s simply not an easy process. Look at how even Man United with their spending power and resources can’t just go and get who they want
In my opinion it’s incompetence to know you need to strengthen for a key position but not to, in yours obviously not. Fair enough if they haven’t the money but then keep Fabio here.

If it’s not incompetence it suggests we are planing to just hope we are ok this season, nothing more, which was my point.

Chris H

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Remind me never to play Cluedo with you, you’ve got it all figured out before the games even started!

Kebab Warrior

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Many thanks for that heartwarming post. I’m amazed you didn’t mention Kilman going to Chelsea and RAN going to Man City!

Just what we need to read on the eve of a new season!

Doomed I tell ya. According to posts like that we are doomed!
1659614681944.jpeg

slaphead_wolf

Reaction score
The FFP regulations have actually always given newly promoted clubs a bit of an advantage in the transfer market.

Mainly because their turnovers increase massively in comparison to their wage bill, effectively giving them more to spend.

For example, Forest's wage bill last season was around £37m. Ours was close to £100m.

Forest's turnover was around £18m, so they had more than 200% wages to income ratio (ours was around 192% in our Championship season too, so not uncommon).

Every Premier League club will see their turnover rise to above £100m. So when they call the playoff final the richest game in the World, they aren't joking.

Without taking previous losses, current player amortisation, or promotion wage rises into account, in a nutshell, it means newly promoted clubs have a lot more financial wiggle room to spend, before they start reaching any limits for FFP losses etc.

The competitive advantage on transfer spending is even starker this year, as anyone like us hoping to be in that group of clubs who qualify for Europe need to keep a close eye on the new UEFA FFP regulations that have just come in.

In short, that limits clubs to a combined wage and transfer spend of 90% of our turnover for this season (then 80% next, 70% by 24/25) . Our wages currently account for 72% of our turnover.

So we have a much tighter gap on spending before losses mount up, or we hit the 90% of turnover number.

But a club who have just seen their turnover go up over 5 times, with still a comparatively low wage bill, again have much more wiggle room!

So in answer to your question, they got rich when they were promoted. If they stay up for a number of seasons, with wages rising organically, higher profile players signing and player amortisation increasing, they will face the same challenges as any other club in that situation.

Forest have the added challenge that if they do stay up, do well and sneak into Europe in a few seasons, their owner, Evangelos Marinakis, then has to decide which of Forest and Olympiakos he keeps hold of, as both aren't allowed to compete in UEFA competitions at the same time if owned by the same person!
Then you look at this chart and realise how FFP isn’t even affecting us:
244AE7F6-9C66-40E8-A00A-E031504679C3.png

Joshwolf218

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Mmmm. Wolves Quidditch online team. ?

Money spinner in the 15-30 demographic.

Phone Jeff

The uni does have a team I think but I think the sport has changed it's name to distance itself from JK Rowling

goldfish

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Vitinha didn't take minutes away from MGW - he was recalled and then Nuno refused to play both of them.

Ronan will be 25 this season and has repeatedly failed to establish himself above league 1 standard, how much development do you think he's got in him?
I think it's a very long shot with Ronan, but I'm not opposed to seeing if it comes off. Low risk (assuming another midfield signing/loan) with potentially huge reward.

And yeah, I think Nuno was bad for MGW, both on an interpersonal and tactical level. Possibly true for Vitinha too.

goldfish

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Alex Crook
@alex_crook

#Wolves are in advanced talks with #CFC over a season-long loan move for striker Michy Batshuayi. Chelsea are willing to pay a percentage of his wages.
Chelsea need to lower their wage bill so it's plausible from that end. If doing this doesn't hamper our chances of spending big on a Moutinho replacement in a future window I'm not opposed.

I wonder if it's him or Hwang 2, or whether the latter is a Marcal type signing to offer cover across all the front positions.

KBWWFC

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I think it's a very long shot with Ronan, but I'm not opposed to seeing if it comes off. Low risk (assuming another midfield signing/loan) with potentially huge reward.

And yeah, I think Nuno was bad for MGW, both on an interpersonal and tactical level. Possibly true for Vitinha too.

We shouldn't be in a position where we're relying on a player who has never played above league 1 standard to be playing for us in midfield in a premier League game.

Everybody has 5 subs to make, so while other teams will freshen up their midfield, we'll be at a massive disadvantage with the quality drop off. It's shameful.

NothingButNeto

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Chelsea need to lower their wage bill so it's plausible from that end. If doing this doesn't hamper our chances of spending big on a Moutinho replacement in a future window I'm not opposed.

I wonder if it's him or Hwang 2, or whether the latter is a Marcal type signing to offer cover across all the front positions.
I really don’t see the Batshuayi loan as a Wolves move. I think it’s being used to keep the Hwang price low.

WickedWolfie

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
If I'd consistently predicted something with certainty, and it had consistently not happened, I think I'd stop saying it, because I'd worry about making myself look silly.

September last year:

January 2021

September 2020

September 2019

December 2018

And my absolute favourite, from May 2017:
Less accurate than a broken clock.....

topcat99

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
The uni does have a team I think but I think the sport has changed it's name to distance itself from JK Rowling

Sad gits playing an invented imaginary game. How do they get airborne on a B and Q broom?

Wonder if they will change the name of football to distance it from Gary Lineker now that he is getting “cancelled “

Clipboard

Reaction score
We shouldn't be in a position where we're relying on a player who has never played above league 1 standard to be playing for us in midfield in a premier League game.

Everybody has 5 subs to make, so while other teams will freshen up their midfield, we'll be at a massive disadvantage with the quality drop off. It's shameful.
I take your point and I guess it depends how you rate the Scottish Premier league. But he played there last season and did well.

Back
Top Bottom