Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

The happy days are here again, hopefully no more repeated arguments, transfer thread

Bawtry Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
View attachment 28858

When you start to visualise our squad like this, and look at the most likely transfers in orange, you can start to see how we may look for next season.

With Moutinho retained and potentially keeping MGW, we look fine in midfield and incoming transfers will make us competitive defensively.

All of a sudden we look short at wingback/ winger positions with Chiquinho’s injury. Couple this with Fabio’s loan and i think it’s inevitable we will dip into the market if we shift Traore on, and prioritise a winger and or full back on top of those signings which are already looking likely.
I would like a more dynamic midfielder. I think Moutinho would be excellent off the bench and also starting some games in a 3 but I’m not sure about 38 games starting. I’m also very conscious that Bruno mentioned that he wants to add more height to the team for aerial duals and one thing 5ft 7 of football heaven isn’t good at is aerial duals.

W

WasStefan

I would like a more dynamic midfielder. I think Moutinho would be excellent off the bench and also starting some games in a 3 but I’m not sure about 38 games starting. I’m also very conscious that Bruno mentioned that he wants to add more height to the team for aerial duals and one thing 5ft 7 of football heaven isn’t good at is aerial duals.
Agree it would be nice. And if MGW transfers that may be the profile we go for. But not critical imo. We are weak at full back/ on the wing.

Dan G WWFC

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Fantastic to see the mood lift on here makes all our days

I did not expect Collins to be the first one announced so super happy. I had a little gut feeling we would all be feeling better by Wednesday so just chuffed to bits it’s come forward.

This the Wednesday news or still more to come this week?

WickedWolfie

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Better than Pod lol....

WickedWolfie

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I'm one of the 'happy clappers' but I don't think think there's anything wrong with people posting their concerns. What I don't like is the vitriol certain posters aim at the club about everything. Makes them sound like spoiled brats
My comment was addressed to the sort of folk you describe. I don't imagine anyone was ecstatic with the situation but some folk recognised that not everything would be sorted yesterday.

StLuke

Groupie
Reaction score
This the Wednesday news or still more to come this week?
There was one I thought was further along than this so who knows. I’m just happy things are falling into place. Years gone by I have shared actual names but the club operates at a different level now and is very much about controlling the information at all costs (I agree with this by the way if it means transfers get completed rather than high jacked). I have never claimed to be ITK but My little gut feeling says there is absolutely more to come and soon

Right I’m back off to remove some more pitch forks from my lawn

Lets all keep supporting each other

Northampton_wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Per the other posters, this one was not part of the original signings planned for this week. Hope to see a double announcement later today.
so much teasing something big to happen, get someone up a tree at compton! or check planes before they fly to spain

WickedWolfie

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Apologies for what? They've been proved right...that we needed to sign a CB...
There is negative and negative.

I have no issue with folk who identify areas where we need to strengthen. I've happily discussed such things with Jos for example.

I do have an issue with folk who slag off everything that the club and owners do though.

The two things are very different.

Now announce McTominay
We want to strengthen the team....

MiddlesexWolf

Groupie
Reaction score
There was one I thought was further along than this so who knows. I’m just happy things are falling into place. Years gone by I have shared actual names but the club operates at a different level now and is very much about controlling the information at all costs (I agree with this by the way if it means transfers get completed rather than high jacked). I have never claimed to be ITK but My little gut feeling says there is absolutely more to come and soon

Right I’m back off to remove some more pitch forks from my lawn

Lets all keep supporting each other

Always appreciated StLuke

Contrarian

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
In other news Hwang is back from military training

He's looking a bit more trim I think? Anyone else think so

Yes, it does look like it. Though not sure what it says about our trainining regime when a few weeks in military training presumably aimed at civilians, results in a professional sportsman looking fitter than when he was at the club. I've had doubts about our training going back to the Covid return when we started to look burnt out much sooner than opponents. Got even worse with some of the young players last season (eg Trincao, RaN) looking dead on their feet after 60 minutes.

DanishWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I wonder if some of the negative folk will offer any apologies?

- Apologize for what? Criticism and not being overly excited isn't a crime against the club or those who feel different
- We haven't yet addressed the rest of the problems throughout the squad, not least in midfield
- If we do have a great window(and Collins sure is a good start), then fairplay but it's much overdue. Much of the pessimism comes not because of this window, but due to neglect in past Windows.

NothingButNeto

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Are you the Nothing But Neto on twitter who is an FPL and has claimed to be ITK on many things - none of which have happened?
No I am @ButNeto on twitter. That’s NetoFPL or FPLNeto (I blocked them on twitter so don’t recall their handle).

I also wasn’t claiming to know anything, just saying that the big 3 (@Cornwall Wolf, @StLuke and @Lobo de Ouro) didn’t include Collins in their information.

POE Wolf

Groupie
Reaction score
I’m happy and worried at the same time. Happy we are signing someone, but worried that those who had «a chat» with Sellars at the pub are right. It was said that Collins would be our only main signing, so I need another rumour to be convinced that more players are on their way.

Wolves2018

Reaction score
Oh the irony of this thread, people posting negative comments about people having to apologise for their negative comments on the day we have our first bit of positive news, wow! The mol mix always makes me smile!

Derbywolf85

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
No I am @ButNeto on twitter. That’s NetoFPL or FPLNeto (I blocked them on twitter so don’t recall their handle).

I also wasn’t claiming to know anything, just saying that the big 3 (@Cornwall Wolf, @StLuke and @Lobo de Ouro) didn’t include Collins in their information.

Fair enough - maybe think about your wording. That made it sound like you were confirming their knowledge rather than reminding us of what had been stated.

No bad vibes :cool:

NothingButNeto

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Fair enough - maybe think about your wording. That made it sound like you were confirming their knowledge rather than reminding us of what had been stated.

No bad vibes :cool:
I did say “Per the other posters, this one was not part of the original signings planned for this week.”

But I see how adding my personal hopes/desires could be misleading.

Good vibes all around.

StLuke

Groupie
Reaction score

You can make that a Big 2 I am not on that level and you are absolutely right about him not being mentioned.

it doesn’t matter. This forum matters as well as the club we support so whether someone is ITK or pretend ITK or denying ITK doesn’t mean a thing. Let’s enjoy what’s happening and enjoy each other’s opinions.

Axle

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Do Cornwall, St Luke and Lobo De Ouro deserve an apology as they all said someone was signing this week but as Cornwall has admitted his info wasn’t Collins. So all the right dates but not the right players :)

Only joking, I for one appreciate the snipppets that people hear being shared and understand a lot can be spilt between cup and lip. ITKs get far too much criticism and too many people simply enjoy putting others down by belittling their information as it doesn’t tally with what they heard whilst talking to their mate in the kebab queue on Friday night. It’s a lot easier for some to be constantly negative and criticise anything and everything because we haven’t signed anyone. Claiming they are obviously right and the club is up for sale, pawning the crown Jewell’s or some other rubbish - it’s blatantly obvious that if you claim nothing will happen everyday you are going to be more right than wrong as we don’t sign player everyday.
I don't think most people slated any of the posters for sharing what they knew? I think in comparison to previous years, the desire for ANY kind of news was so great, that having any snippets of info was preferable to having nothing and most of the responses reflected that.

Anyway, Collins is a decent start and validates much of what was said by the above (assertion that there is money to spend through a signing of intent, if not statement signing) and it may well be that more are incoming given the info from Cornwall, St Luke et al.

In fact one of the above said there would be a clearout of players in the close season, which certainly seems to be the case, so if that has happened / is happening (Fabio seems to be the biggest name so far, even if it is a 'developmental' loan) then the info is good and we can expect some signings in the coming days / weeks.

Back
Top Bottom