Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

The happy days are here again, hopefully no more repeated arguments, transfer thread

Dan G WWFC

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Is Collins the news we was going to hear on Wednesday or is that still coming?

The Wolf Of Wombourne

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
I wonder if some of the negative folk will offer any apologies?
It's a great deal, we've upgraded Saiss and Collins has a huge upside ... but there is more work to do, lots more.

Let's just enjoy a quality CB coming in for the first time since the championship season rather than using it as a stick to beat other posters who have pretty fair enough grievances over the last few years, you won't find anyone here upset because Wolves have signed a decent player.

old wittonian

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
It's a great deal, we've upgraded Saiss and Collins has a huge upside ... but there is more work to do, lots more.

Let's just enjoy a quality CB coming in for the first time since the championship season rather than using it as a stick to beat other posters who have pretty fair enough grievances over the last few years, you won't find anyone here upset because Wolves have signed a decent player.
Don't be too sure. Lol.

Sussex Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

I’ve been critical so far this summer, but was one of the first to state how pleased I was about this signing yesterday, when Percy broke it. It looks like a really good signing, for a position we needed to strengthen, for a fair price. What’s not to like.

My promise still stands regarding a written apology to Jeff - spend 100m without selling Neves or Neto, and I will happily put pen to paper ;)

Loefah

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
After 7000 wasted comments and a lot of wasted time at least people now have a genuine transfer to discuss :tearsofjoy::tearsofjoy:
19,000 lol. The first summer transfer thread ran to 285 pages before being locked.

Northampton_wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Private jet incoming from Lisbon. If that ends up being Nunes then just give Jeff a statue outside Molineux now. :D
Honestly if they double signing today with someone else next to collins, its an explosion over the screen. That would be earth shattering before getting on the plane to spain

Dan G WWFC

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

Northampton_wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
What's it say he banned me because I said wolves reporters aren't the best at the moment with Tim gone
Wolves travel to Spain today for the start of their pre-season training camp. They hope Nathan Collins will sign in time to be on the plane. If you want to know all about him, this piece by

WeAreTheWolvesII

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Collins or Bassey were the two realistic dream signings for me this summer but obviously only expected one. So, delighted with this as it appears so close, although still waiting for official confirmation.

A proper centre-back!!

I think some overlook the importance of physicality on here. I know there’s a balance as you don’t want a team full of units who can’t play but at this level you also need some aggression/strength and I don’t think we have enough of that. Far too weak on occasions and whilst it still needs to be addressed in midfield, it was a problem in defence as well when Boly didn’t play. This lad is a proper dominant defender.

If we stick with the three the Collins, Coady, Kilman is pretty impressive in my opinion.

I’m an advocate of a back four and you could make a strong case for Collins/Kilman , so good options either way.

Ponty

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Last summer I was confident we’d bring players in, even at lunchtime on deadline day. Given the shambles they made of it and the need for not one but three signings I’ll take this as a step in the right direction at last. I’m definitely feeling a lot more positive as we’ve needed a player like Collins for ages and hopefully it’s a sign that we have actually got at least a semblance of what’s needed.

Northampton_wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I expect a couple more names to be linked today that haven't had much talk up until now. And then for things to move very quickly.
dont tease me - lobo are you suggesting getting alot done this week.

Are we talking the ligue 1 cm? and a CF?

The Clock

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Private jet incoming from Lisbon. If that ends up being Nunes then just give Jeff a statue outside Molineux now. :D
Looks like it arrived to pick up some wealthy client and take them to tenerife for holidays

Northampton_wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Hopefully a CM and CF in by this time next week for the first team. I fully expect those names to be linked strongly in the next day or two... we'll see.
Thanks for you sharing, by tuesday next week should start getting traction end of this week and then medicals.

We will see, very positive.

Bawtry Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Collins is a typical Wolves signing. The first concrete rumour comes out a tea time on Monday by lunch on Tuesday he’s having a medical. No running commentary before that of will he won’t he etc. as some of us on here have said before reacting and responding to some tweets and press rumours is pointless with this Wolves set up as when we decide to do business we do it quietly and quickly.

W

WasStefan

19B83438-1A4B-4AC3-B620-B2A0E103EA10.png

When you start to visualise our squad like this, and look at the most likely transfers in orange, you can start to see how we may look for next season.

With Moutinho retained and potentially keeping MGW, we look fine in midfield and incoming transfers will make us competitive defensively. A ‘snotter’ of a CDM would be nice but not critical.

All of a sudden we look short at wingback/ winger positions with Chiquinho’s injury. Couple this with Fabio’s loan and i think it’s inevitable we will dip into the market if we shift Traore on, and prioritise a winger and or full back on top of those signings which are already looking likely. Or keep Traore.

Really shows that Chiquinho injury was a right kick in the nuts.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back
Top Bottom