Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Nathan Collins

Minimalist

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Wonder if Mosquera could go the other way on loan.

AlexWolvesHD

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Excellent signing if we can get him through the door, he is only 21 so like Kilman he might make the odd mistake here and there but he is definitely already good enough to be a starter in the Premier League.

He would suit a back 4 and back 3 with how he plays as well which is a good asset for us to have.

Kashmire Hawker

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
What an excellent capture Nathan would be!

Aged only 21, a season of PL football in him and a 6 Ireland caps gives us a new breadth of experience.

Him and Kilman as two young CB’s in a back four, would set us well for the future!

those were the days

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Would be a good signing. He’s the player most Burnley fans least want to sell. Similar level to Kilman this time last year (good potential, a few rough edges still) and 20m seems a fair price for all parties.

If it gets done, Kilman likely returns to LCB with Boly as back-up. Collins comes in as RCB with potentially Mosquera backing up if he's deemed good enough. Lage likely sticks with 3 at the back for the first half of the season. Further down the line, Collins and Kilman might be an option in a 4 but that's probably more for the medium-term when they're both more experienced and/or in emergency if Coady gets injured (as doubt Marques is quite ready yet to play in a back 3 in that scenario).

hollo

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Burnley have to pay their owners back 60 million in a short time period. Who else have they got to sell? Brownhill?

Glow69

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Hopefully after the friendly yesterday it's near enough done!

Monketron

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Great signing this. By far the best Burnley defender imo.

cannockwolves

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I am delighted with Collins if we can get it over the line.

I don't want to get too excited until I see him holding up a Wolves shirt next to a beaming Jeff :)

But from the little I have seen he is a very 'wolves' sort of transfer. Only 21, current International, a years premier league experience, he is 6'4'' so gives us some height at both ends of the pitch.

Excellent signing, if we can get it done.

Bawtry Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Played against us in both games for Burnley last year.

Interestingly he’s been used as the middle centre back of 3 for Ireland.

Sussex Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
How is that SG? Is it debt taken down with them? I don't recall a massive spend in recent times to avoid relegation - or have I been sleeping? :(

They took out a large loan which has a clause which triggers repayment this year if they are relegated from the PL. Basically their entire parachute payment is swallowed by the loan repayment due because of relegation.

Aylesbury Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
So, Collins maybe lining up as a CB for Wolves.

That brings back memories.

I wonder if he's any relation to our Neil? :D

Wolf in the sun

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Really happy with this one...6 ft 4 and reasonable quick...back 4 baby !! None of our itks seem to get a sniff of this one..hope the others bits are true

Wonder Boyo

Yma O Hyd
Reaction score
Burnley have to pay their owners back 60 million in a short time period. Who else have they got to sell? Brownhill?
They've also sold Nick Pope (£12m) and I guess that Maxwel Cornet will be worth a bit too.

Minimalist

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Played against us in both games for Burnley last year.

Interestingly he’s been used as the middle centre back of 3 for Ireland.
Interesting.
After watching the utube video above I was gonna say he looks like he could do that.
Also think he’ll suit rcb in a 3 with license to go forward a bit.

OLDGOLD

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Great signing this. By far the best Burnley defender imo.
Best defender from a relegated side.....always leaves me a little worried, but i will trust in those that see this as a good move. Young, and a de ent size sounds promising as well...hope we don't get gazumped.

D

Deleted member (smith)

Wouldn’t it be better to wait until it’s confirmed that he has signed than saying how happy you are with the rumour and clickbait….don’t we have a thread for that? Forgive me for being annoyed that a new thread is started for a rumour …monitoring, interested , negotiating , competing for, masturbating.

Cousins78

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
If true, it's a reasonable piece of business. Not the top quality signing some will want but an asset that might appreciate in value. And that, is the mantra for Fosun.
Think its prob the best target at cb we have been linked with, the lad is extremely talented

woop woop barmy army

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
£20m is a lot for a kid from a relegated team.

Value for money considering Newcastle got Botman for about £30m?
Not really, always pay premium for British talent, need to bring our home gown quota up, plus already played in the premier league. So win win on this side

Botman is more of a risk, will he settle and adapt to the league?

Axle

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I don't think I've seen him play but if the Burnley fans' responses are anything to go by then it looks like a good signing. The big question for me: does he have pace?
Interesting on there how highly they rate Gibbs White too, saying he’s one of the few who are worth £25m+ in the jump from Chump to Prem

Chisels_n_ommers

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Ive watched him once and he made an absolute shocker of a mistake.

Everyone rates him highly though.

I just instinctively don't like signing Burnley defenders although Stokies think he's excellent
I watched him a few times (I caught a few Burnley games at the end of last season because I wanted Everton or Leeds to drop).

He started off a bit shaky in high pressure games (they were fighting for their lives).

But his improvement was rapid and he became their best player after about 3 or 4 games.

He really carries the ball well, pacey enough and very decent in the air.

Would be a great signing IMHO

Sussex Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Wouldn’t it be better to wait until it’s confirmed that he has signed than saying how happy you are with the rumour and clickbait….don’t we have a thread for that? Forgive me for being annoyed that a new thread is started for a rumour …monitoring, interested , negotiating , competing for, masturbating.

The difference is that Percy reported this today as nearly done. Yes things can go wrong, but his info is normally pretty sound.

Wonder Boyo

Yma O Hyd
Reaction score
It's pretty much Mix tradition to give a player with a confirmed bid their own thread so we can discuss it in more detail. Mainly they work out, sometimes they don't. Think this one was worth a transfer from the transfer rumours thread. Makes it easier to find out more details on strong confirmed bids instead of having to wade through the 'anything goes' transfer thread.

Back
Top Bottom