Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

The happy days are here again, hopefully no more repeated arguments, transfer thread

SA Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Bed bound with covid (seems to be everywhere at the moment).

Give us something to cheers me up Jeff
Wow, wish I'd known this. You would have thought it would be on the news as it could develop into a pandemic if we're not careful. ;)

Sorry, couldn't resist. :D

Northampton_wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
my concern is that united are going to come in for neves very late in the window

Man Utd 'considering other options' as De Jong deal drags on​

Sky Sports News senior reporter Melissa Reddy:
"Erik ten Hag did speak today about needing to still complete a lot of business. He said it's no secret that Manchester United are looking at midfield as one of their core areas to strengthen. We know that Frankie de Jong is his priority target. Obviously that deal has significant complications because Barcelona owe him backdated salaries. He took a cut due to COVID and they now owe him that money and it's working out how they compensate him. That's obviously out of United's hands, so the club are waiting to hear what happens there.
"I have been asking, is there a point where you've got to walk away from the deal because it's dragging so long? They have said that they are looking at other options. We do know that Christian Eriksen is a deal they expect to complete soon pending a medical. The manager also mentioned actually that they're looking at offensive targets. "

MontyR

Reaction score
Someone’s moving into the penthouse in my apartment building in Manchester this morning. Hoping it’s not Neves’ family and is instead Haaland or Phillips

1972 i began

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I am still secretly hoping its Nunes..he hasnt gone anywhere else as yet so fingers and toes crossed !!

paqueta would obv be amazing too....i know wolves are a wall of secrecy but very rarely do we hear nothing before we sign them

I'd bin the interest in Nunes.He dow want to come and he's waiting for other clubs to put an offer in.I read that if these offers don't come in he will join wolves.I 'd tell him to **** off and leave him where he is.We want people here who want to play for us NOT join only because nobody else is interested.Yes he might be a good player and one we want,but would he settle knowing it's the last place he wants to be...Saying that,,,,Boly and Jota had to take some persuading,and they day do too bad did they.On the fence with this one.

Contrarian

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
What plan?

Stay in our own half for 70 minutes, then bring a sprinter on to try and sneal (half "sneak" half "steal") a goal on the counter. That was old Plan A, anyway. New Plan A seems to be "Look like the team has never met before and avoid going near that ball rolling around". There never has been a Plan B.

Wolf in the sun

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
I'd bin the interest in Nunes.He dow want to come and he's waiting for other clubs to put an offer in.I read that if these offers don't come in he will join wolves.I 'd tell him to **** off and leave him where he is.We want people here who want to play for us NOT join only because nobody else is interested.Yes he might be a good player and one we want,but would he settle knowing it's the last place he wants to be...Saying that,,,,Boly and Jota had to take some persuading,and they day do too bad did they.On the fence with this one.
it could use it as a jumping off point to show the llkes of man city etc- would happy to have him for a couple of years and make a load of money out of it

AlexWolvesHD

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
could we go after onana

Amadou Onana​

would be at least another 40m needed

Apparently West Ham, Everton & Leicester are interested in him with West Ham having a 19mil bid rejected. Can't say I know much about him but a watched a quick youtube video of him and he does look an exceptional talent.

1972 i began

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
it could use it as a jumping off point to show the llkes of man city etc- would happy to have him for a couple of years and make a load of money out of it

Maybe and I wouldn't be against that.BUT he could end up like Patrick Cutrone who hasn't shone,because he dow want to be here.

Zico

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
my concern is that united are going to come in for neves very late in the window

Man Utd 'considering other options' as De Jong deal drags on​

Sky Sports News senior reporter Melissa Reddy:
"Erik ten Hag did speak today about needing to still complete a lot of business. He said it's no secret that Manchester United are looking at midfield as one of their core areas to strengthen. We know that Frankie de Jong is his priority target. Obviously that deal has significant complications because Barcelona owe him backdated salaries. He took a cut due to COVID and they now owe him that money and it's working out how they compensate him. That's obviously out of United's hands, so the club are waiting to hear what happens there.
"I have been asking, is there a point where you've got to walk away from the deal because it's dragging so long? They have said that they are looking at other options. We do know that Christian Eriksen is a deal they expect to complete soon pending a medical. The manager also mentioned actually that they're looking at offensive targets. "
What a shambles from the clowns at Old Trafford.

lets all have a disco

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I know we discuss him every summer but would Maitland Niles give us a bit of cover at lwb, RWB......out of contract next summer....I wonder if you could get him for 3/4m....... obviously struggle with a loan with his contract situation.......just thinking, cheap option , cover...

Dan G WWFC

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

Dan G WWFC

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I know we discuss him every summer but would Maitland Niles give us a bit of cover at lwb, RWB......out of contract next summer....I wonder if you could get him for 3/4m....... obviously struggle with a loan with his contract situation.......just thinking, cheap option , cover...

Honestly, I'd take him as a squad player but I think he'll want more. Even as a midiflder he's got pace and energy that could be useful as a box to box midiflder. Even can cover as a winger

Direwolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Not good enough and wants to play midfield.

Ginger Chimp

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
The mistake was not cashing in when he was at his 'peak'. Teams were still fooled by him then and we should have sold him whilst the value was there.
I think we might have still been fooled by him at that point.

lets all have a disco

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Honestly, I'd take him as a squad player but I think he'll want more. Even as a midiflder he's got pace and energy that could be useful as a box to box midiflder. Even can cover as a winger
Don't think he is brilliant, just think he would be a decent squad addition.... homegrown.....can play right and left......we are short in these positions.....think Bueno will be good given time but think we need another one.......

Direwolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Don't think he is brilliant, just think he would be a decent squad addition.... homegrown.....can play right and left......we are short in these positions.....think Bueno will be good given time but think we need another one.......

Quality or youngsters with potential is our general mantra. You make a fair call but personally would rather give Bueno that back up spot and save the money for quality purchases.

Northampton_wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Gibbs-White has a new contract offer on the table at Molineux but Wolves are understood to be relaxed about the situation ahead of the new season.

If the 22 year old does not extend his contract, Wolves will make it clear he still has a future under Bruno Lage or, alternatively, demand a significant fee from rival Premier League clubs.

After turning down Everton's bid, which was in excess of £20 million, Wolves are expected to seek a deal closer to £30 million including add-ons.

Gibbs-White returned to training last Monday and scored in the 3-0 friendly win over Burnley on Saturday.

At this stage he is expected to travel with Lage's squad for the pre-season training camp in Benidorm, which includes matches against Alaves and Besiktas.

Anderlecht interested in Silva​

Wolves are considering an offer from Anderlecht for striker Fabio Silva. Anderlecht want to sign Silva, the £35 million record signing, on a straight loan for the season but Wolves are still undecided.

Wolves ideally want Silva to agree a contract extension before joining the Belgian club, with talks ongoing. The 19-year-old failed to score in 26 appearances in all competitions for Wolves last season.

lets all have a disco

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Quality or youngsters with potential is our general mantra. You make a fair call but personally would rather give Bueno that back up spot and save the money for quality purchases.
Just think we are struggling, if we get a serious injury at wing back ....for instance if Rayan got injured ......semedo is already missing.......Bueno is a tremendous prospect but it's a massive step up into the premier league......for me we need one, even if it's a loan.....

Wolvessince63

Reaction score
  • Youri Tielemans and Ruben Neves are the alternatives Manchester United will look at if their move for Barcelona midfielder Frenkie de Jong fails.

theweave

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Is this a mix first, a poster arguing with themselves

WolfLing

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

They have to be promoted at some point. Some will disappoint us, but some will surprise us.

In 1995/96, Man United released their backup GK (Gary Walsh), a stalwart centre back (Steve Bruce) and a fullback (Paul Parker) all on free transfers. They also sold a rapid winger (Andrei Kanchelskis) after he decided he wanted to leave. See Ruddy, Saiss, Marcal and Traore.

The out-field game time was replaced by youth players between the ages of 18 and 22. Gary and Phil Neville, David Beckham, Paul Scholes and Nicky Butt. See Cundle, Gibbs-White, Toti and Mosqeuera

They also had another young left winger that had already been part of the squad for some time (Ryan Giggs) - see Pedro Neto.

Given the strange coincidences, I'm convinced Jeff is trying to use Man United's success in the 90's as a blueprint.

Back
Top Bottom