Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

The happy days are here again, hopefully no more repeated arguments, transfer thread

VancouverWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
The most frustrating thing this window now, is we seem to be wasting time and resource trying to sign a forward

CB and CM is the absolute priority

If we sign a forward, let Silva go, and don’t sign a CB and CM it will be a ****ing joke
oh come on man….stand up straight….chest out……Rule Britannia and all that…
Wolves are in steady hands.

If you chill, you‘ll see us once again, starting another season in the PL.

Don’t ya just luv it?…….great stuff.

Hoganstolemywife

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
The most frustrating thing this window now, is we seem to be wasting time and resource trying to sign a forward

CB and CM is the absolute priority

If we sign a forward, let Silva go, and don’t sign a CB and CM it will be a ****ing joke
Disagree entirely.

We don't score goals. You can argue it's the system - and there's certainly merit to that. In my mind, good attacking players score goals. We absolutely need attacking players.

Chris H

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I think people on here misunderstand it but I can’t be sure so happy to be proven wrong and can’t see the reports fully at the moment.

However, my understanding is it’s he’s going to Sporting CP & Barcelona have a 50% sell-on on his next move.

Either way, the reason it’s happening now is so Barcelona have to give us less money. It’s clever from them and done us out of a few million.
I don’t think that necessarily has to be true.

A lot of the times with deals like this it’s 20% of any future funds received, so we should get 20% of this plus 20% of anything they pick up if/when he’s next sold too.

It’s why you hear about players making a big move and the previous club gets a % and then a youth team or non-league side they may have been at before that is reported to get some money too.

I’d imagine selling 50% for €10m now is more about giving away a smaller % now because no club is offering more actual cash than that to buy more of him. If no one is offering much more than 10m for him now then accept a lower fee but hold a bigger % and back themselves that he’ll eventually fetch more in his next move.

Madmalc

Reaction score

Madmalc

Reaction score
Haven't we got a pre-season friendly at Burnley today?
I can just above squeeze three on the back seat of my car so can give the squad a lift up there if Jeff wants to save money....
You're on to something, forgot about the fuel crisis, factor that in and they're heading for a tandem.

Oh When the Wolves

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I mean....can't really have a debate on that axis!

If we have better forward players, we will score more goals.

3/4/5 at the back.

I don’t know why people think this is the case

Forwards will still be 50 meters away from one another.

Our lack of goals is due to the lack of bodies up the pitch; which means we lose the ball easily or don’t play much of the game in the opposition final third at all.

If biggest change to personnel in the current system to score more goals would be to replace dendoncker with someone who could finish the chances. Oh look - a CM! Jjst what we also need to help us go to a back 4

Joshwolf218

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
South Americans are 19, 20 and 21... so the younger two would likely need a loan somewhere if they sign. I would be confident enough to say the 21 year old would be for the first team and the French based target would definitely be for the first team squad.

This is pure hearsay and I have no way at all of proving the accuracy, but none of the names are being talked about anywhere really, so if they do materialise I'll know it's good.

I have been told certain names are linked by us, not to mislead our fans, but to mislead our rivals. And that some names are released by our rivals to hinder us. And was reminded that 95% of rumours are baseless.

Wonder if this Dario is on the list as he would need a lot elsewhere to begin with

wolfgar

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Wily Boly - 2017
Moutinho/Dendoncker - 2018

The last time a genuine first team CB or CM was signed.

Sorry, it's just ****ing ridiculous now.
I was literally just thinking this. In fairness we have brought in some loans and a few promising youngsters, but 4/5 years since we’ve invested in some proven quality in either position is utterly ridiculous. Not sure I see any real sign of anything even happening this summer either. I’m not getting much of a sense of urgency?

Hoganstolemywife

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I don’t know why people think this is the case

Forwards will still be 50 meters away from one another.

Our lack of goals is due to the lack of bodies up the pitch; which means we lose the ball easily or don’t play much of the game in the opposition final third at all.

If biggest change to personnel in the current system to score more goals would be to replace dendoncker with someone who could finish the chances. Oh look - a CM! Jjst what we also need to help us go to a back 4
In truth, I think it's a mixture of the two. I rate Podence and Neto very very highly and we all know how good Jimenez can be.

It just feels like something doesn't click up front at the moment.

5atb doesn't have to be defensive. We absolutely smashed teams under early Nuno and we still scored goals aplenty in the Premier League.

wolfgar

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I think people on here misunderstand it but I can’t be sure so happy to be proven wrong and can’t see the reports fully at the moment.

However, my understanding is it’s he’s going to Sporting CP & Barcelona have a 50% sell-on on his next move.

Either way, the reason it’s happening now is so Barcelona have to give us less money. It’s clever from them and done us out of a few million.
They seem to find it pretty easy to make us look a bit silly

SWest Wolf

Groupie
Reaction score
we really arent signing anyone are we...sigh

feels like we are cleaning up the balance sheet for a sale..it really does

we should have signed someone by now
How do you see this as them cleaning up the balance sheet? More to reduce costs on P&L for my eyes….sending the likes of Silva and Sanderson etc means that the loan clubs will pay their wages not us, but they will still sit as an asset on the Wolves Balance Sheet.
Getting rid of the likes of Ruddy, Saiss etc again is a saving on the P&L for wages etc. these players who have left were sitting as an asset in balance sheet, but due to their initial cost and length of service, have probably been fully amortised by now, so their NBV would have been £NIL - again, no balance sheet impact.
Saying that, you could be right in the fact that by not buying any players, our cash balance on balance sheet won’t be affected!

Madmalc

Reaction score
I don’t think that necessarily has to be true.

A lot of the times with deals like this it’s 20% of any future funds received, so we should get 20% of this plus 20% of anything they pick up if/when he’s next sold too.

It’s why you hear about players making a big move and the previous club gets a % and then a youth team or non-league side they may have been at before that is reported to get some money too.

I’d imagine selling 50% for €10m now is more about giving away a smaller % now because no club is offering more actual cash than that to buy more of him. If no one is offering much more than 10m for him now then accept a lower fee but hold a bigger % and back themselves that he’ll eventually fetch more in his next move.
Alternative view is Sporting think he's worth no more than 10m based on his last year's performance with us, even though we played him how many times?
Wonder if we could get 10m for Traore?
Would Traore still be here if Lage told him he would get zero game time next year?
Would Barco (anyone) want him on a free if he hadn't played or trained for 12months..
Then again we might just play him every week to set an example as to what to do for the rest of the squad.

Last edited:

Oh When the Wolves

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
In truth, I think it's a mixture of the two. I rate Podence and Neto very very highly and we all know how good Jimenez can be.

It just feels like something doesn't click up front at the moment.

5atb doesn't have to be defensive. We absolutely smashed teams under early Nuno and we still scored goals aplenty in the Premier League.
THREE at the back doesn’t have to be defensive

But again our cbs aren’t strong or mobile enough meaning we are one of the deepest teams in the league making the forward players so isolated

We beat teams in the champ when our full backs played high up the pitch. That doesn’t happen any more as they need to protect the cbs

wolfslair

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
They seem to find it pretty easy to make us look a bit silly
Not hard to take advantage of negotiators who clearly would have been in every bottom set back in school in a football business sense.

Bacon Sandwich

Has a lot to say
Reaction score

This clip is like dealing with Barcelona
Not that Wolves don't come out of it well. It's that whoever negotiates with Barca doesn't come out of it well. Three or four deals now and they've had his trousers down every time.
Still, in an efficient, well-run organisation it's easy enough to identify someone not up to the job and sack them...

Wolf in the sun

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
How do you see this as them cleaning up the balance sheet? More to reduce costs on P&L for my eyes….sending the likes of Silva and Sanderson etc means that the loan clubs will pay their wages not us, but they will still sit as an asset on the Wolves Balance Sheet.
Getting rid of the likes of Ruddy, Saiss etc again is a saving on the P&L for wages etc. these players who have left were sitting as an asset in balance sheet, but due to their initial cost and length of service, have probably been fully amortised by now, so their NBV would have been £NIL - again, no balance sheet impact.
Saying that, you could be right in the fact that by not buying any players, our cash balance on balance sheet won’t be affected!
i just meant in terms of keeping assets and reducing costs ..not a bright spark in accountancy but i just feel we "cleaning things up" for a sale..feels like it must be close

as i say surely we should have signed someone by now

Boss Hogg

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Explained it better than me.

So they’re effectively valuing him at €20m now but if they sold him for that, they’d have to give us €4m as the 20% of his ‘next move’.

By selling him for €10m and retaining 50% of his economic rights, they only have to give us €2m.

Say in 2 years time, Sporting sell him for €30m, Barca will also get half that fee (so will have received €25m overall). And we’ll see nothing from that.

Basically, if this is true, it halves the 20% entitlement for us to 10%.
If someone with a brain was negotiating this deal for Wolves then the 20% of our fee should be calculated on the “implied valuation” - ie what the deal would be if a100% interest was sold - so to avoid such shenanigans.

SWest Wolf

Groupie
Reaction score
i just meant in terms of keeping assets and reducing costs ..not a bright spark in accountancy but i just feel we "cleaning things up" for a sale..feels like it must be close

as i say surely we should have signed someone by now
You reduce costs on the P&L not on the balance sheet.

I wasn’t being pedantic, the accountant in me felt he had to reply!!!

Wolves Bard

Reaction score
oh come on man….stand up straight….chest out……Rule Britannia and all that…
Wolves are in steady hands.

If you chill, you‘ll see us once again, starting another season in the PL.

Don’t ya just luv it?…….great stuff.
Exactly. Relax and enjoy the cricket, chill

Wolf in the sun

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
You reduce costs on the P&L not on the balance sheet.

I wasn’t being pedantic, the accountant in me felt he had to reply!!!
Lol..nah thats fine...we mean the same thing...do u think we might be up for sale from an accounts point of view ?

wolfgar

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Not sure how reliable Ryans info is, but if this is true, it really does raise some questions for me about how we are going about things currently.

Ruddy is no longer a great keeper, but he’s a good bloke, experienced, respected in the dressing room and not exactly on megabucks. Lage wanted him to stay too. He’s been a good servant and it would be really disappointing if he’s been messed about like this. Hardly suggest a club that is clear on what its doing.

Be nice to get a bit of good news at some point.

Attachments

• 09B086F3-68D0-4A31-9C6F-A4E369342324.jpeg
    09B086F3-68D0-4A31-9C6F-A4E369342324.jpeg
    246.4 KB · Views: 295
R

reanswolf

Surely the idea of wing backs and 5 at the back is make your defence more solid but allowing and encouraging fluidity and mobility on the pitch, not just wingbacks but midfielders too.

I don’t think it will make much difference at all if you change your forwards, because we simply don’t have the mobility in midfield to support attacking players. Ok Raul was off his game for long spells but his frustration about the lack of support just behind him and through the middle was all too evident at times.

Surely the critical thing is to bring in a midfielder who can defend but also move forward, rather than simply an out and out attacking CM. I think we are stuck with no improvement until this is addressed. Infact regression due to staleness is far more likely a scenario.

Ches78

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
10m for Trincão? Surely we should have signed him if that's all they wanted (assuming he wanted to stay)! I really don't have any confidence in those currently in charge at our club to get good deals done.

Halesowen wwfc

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Lol..nah thats fine...we mean the same thing...do u think we might be up for sale from an accounts point of view ?
I dont get that we are for proactively for sale based on what they are doing. Jeff went into some detail on ask wolves about getting us ready to go on the stock market in a few years but i dont think fosun would look to lose their controlling interest.

I think its more reducing the wage bill to a more manageable level, maybe linked to teams needing to be at 70% of wage bill over the next couple of years.

arctic rime

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Not sure how reliable Ryans info is, but if this is true, it really does raise some questions for me about how we are going about things currently.

Ruddy is no longer a great keeper, but he’s a good bloke, experienced, respected in the dressing room and not exactly on megabucks. Lage wanted him to stay too. He’s been a good servant and it would be really disappointing if he’s been messed about like this. Hardly suggest a club that is clear on what its doing.

Be nice to get a bit of good news at some point.

It's true

Wolf in the sun

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
I dont get that we are for proactively for sale based on what they are doing. Jeff went into some detail on ask wolves about getting us ready to go on the stock market in a few years but i dont think fosun would look to lose their controlling interest.

I think its more reducing the wage bill to a more manageable level, maybe linked to teams needing to be at 70% of wage bill over the next couple of years.
Ok thanks for the info

Sussex Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

I suspect the comment was more in the gist of improving the appearance of the finances, rather than the balance sheet specifically. Anyway, in the broader sense, I think there is some merit in the suggestion. It does feel a lot like Newcastle when they were up for sale, or Wolves, in the season before the Fosun purchase. In the Newcastle example, they still spent money on players, but it was restricted to a few signings to keep them stable in the PL.

Joshwolf218

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
It's true

Strange really

Another strange thing is how a lot of people bash poppadom wrist Ruddy but wanted him to stay. On his day a good keeper but made a mistake now and again.

Seems a nice guy and good dressing room person

Highly doubt we will ever know the other sides of these stories

Back
Top Bottom