Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

The happy days are here again, hopefully no more repeated arguments, transfer thread

SakosRightFoot

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
That is factually correct . However , having touted the importance of having your squad together for pre season it does seem a bit bloody daft not to have signed anyone going into pre season. That means newcomers havent had the time to bed in. We could have lost 4 winnable games in august by the end of the window and be in a poorer position. I understand that the sky six cartel paying megabucks will have their pick of the best players, twas forever thus in the premier league , but that surely would not have stopped or should not have stopped us maki9ng a couple of chiquinho like signings to bolster squad depth. This squad is very thin on quality and depth and has been for 3 years. Chiquinho is a great prospect but would not be a starter in many top 15 premier league teams. Surely our recruitment and scouting network can identify players who are good enough to play premier league football but probably only are back up to the likes of Raul or Neves? Even if we look at a couple of non dick head free agents I am sure there are some bargains that would bolster the squad.

We’ve been through this many many many many times. There’s no point paying a few mill here and there for players who are at best only back ups, especially when w have a perfectly good academy producing players. Ruddy has been replaced by Sarkic, arguably Marcal has been replaced by Bueno, Saiss was already replaced with Toti. They have Jordao and Ronan back to look at as options for back up midfield too. Plus Campbell and Corbeanu for the forward areas.

Let them focus on getting a couple of genuine first team improvements

Stourwolf

Reaction score
I have to admit I let myself get excited about the kit reveal conspiracy. Not letting that happen again.

As far as I am concerned, we aren’t brining anyone in anytime soon. Prove me wrong, Wolves.
I agree.we know what’s coming “the markets difficult” joke of a club

Ironfistedmonk

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
38 players!?

They don't need that many only fair they share and give us some really...

That's what self sustaining clubs do, they have large squads that can cope with losing a few and to have alternatives they can sell if Barcelona don't fancy paying 83 million Euros for the major sellable asset

1972 i began

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Guys, who the hell is this modelling the away shirt??View attachment 28775

Looks nothing like the Donck from the medical bay pic posted yesterday.

And what’s with the five fingers? Five signings? By 5pm today? 5ive reunion tour??

All questions that need answering. The silence from the club is deafening.

STOP....I'm gewin nowhere. :p

Padraig

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Bet Jeff had to have a sit down when he saw there’s a team with 38 players

Northampton_wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
sportwitness.co.uk/club-want-e45m-let-wolves-target-go-bruno-lage-chasing-second-attempt/

Nervous we spend all the budget on this boy, but would indicate we had the money for nunes he just wouldnt sign.

Finally, newspaper O Jogo claims Wolves already tried to sign Ramos on loan in January, and the Eagles turned it down back then. Now, since they’re full of attackers, they’re open to selling, but that would need to be for at least €45m.

1972 i began

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I think it is time to just accept fosun have stopped putting money in. We are to be ran self sufficiently. They have pumped alot in to get us to here, but in terms of financial direction, it is down to us now, we go by our accounts rather than fosun.

It is annoying the last money they pumped in we utterly wasted on Fabio Silva, Hoever when Nuno was still here and to a lesser point as it wasnt that summer, Hwang - but they have also financed moves for the best players some have ever saw don the old gold, so it is what it is.

We are now a mid table premier league club so it is up to the management team to consolidate that and push us further on. Do we have that team at the moment? Can Sellars and the rest of the committee lead this charge? It remains to be same. I have huge doubts. This in some ways is potentially a era defining season.

We have known this for the last 2 years.Yow'm just gewin over old ground.:mad:

CologneWolf

Reaction score
It is annoying the last money they pumped in we utterly wasted on Fabio Silva, Hoever when Nuno was still here and to a lesser point as it wasnt that summer, Hwang - but they have also financed moves for the best players some have ever saw don the old gold, so it is what it is.
AC585BB1-8E86-48C7-B61B-B23C926D9455.jpeg

AlexWolvesHD

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Broja another good option gone quiet on the west ham front.

Of those 38 benfica players about 9 are from there b side like us calling up the u23s to train

I think they are being linked to the guy at Villarreal who was at Bournemouth, think his name is Danjuma for 35-40mil now instead of Broja.

Broja I really rate think he has a bright future, like Rafa Mir he is tall but has pace to get in behind, good finisher and direct. He also counts as a home-grown player if he stays in England till he is 21. Luis Vazquez at Boca Junior's reminds me of him as well.

Northampton_wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I think they are being linked to the guy at Villarreal who was at Bournemouth, think his name is Danjuma for 35-40mil now instead of Broja.

Broja I really rate think he has a bright future, like Rafa Mir he is tall but has pace to get in behind, good finisher and direct. He also counts as a home-grown player if he stays in England till he is 21. Luis Vazquez at Boca Junior's reminds me of him as well.
Danjuman not going west ham, passed on his fee.

I think broja may be a late mover towards end of july, once they have wrapped up sterling etc. Will depend on if they expect broja to get minutes, or has impressed tuchel

They are due to fly out tomorrow to US, chelsea wise, colwill and broja will be interesting if they go

SmiffyWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

Do you think we would go for both Ramos and Seferovic?

With Ramos being a loan deal to start and Seferovic being quite a cheap option don't think it would be completely unrealistic especially with Silva going out on loan..

Would certainly give us different options upfront and with the 5 sub rule all three (Jimenez,Ramos and Seferovic) would all get plenty o

to reiterate the benfica squad in england

mblema encarnado divulgou a lista dos jogadores que seguem para o estágio de pré-época.

O Benfica divulgou a lista de convocados de Roger Schmidt para o estágio que esta sexta-feira se inicia em St. George's Park. São 38 os jogadores que rumam a Inglaterra.

RELACIONADOS​

Benfica. Eliminação do River Plate ajuda Benfica: Enzo Fernández esperado até segunda-feira

Benfica. "O número da camisola é em comemoração do 38.º título que o Benfica vai ganhar"

Lucas Veríssimo fica a recuperar, enquanto João Víctor integra já a comitiva. Entram também Leo Kokubo e Gabriel, sendo que o médio brasileiro é novidade.

O estágio de pré-temporada, em Inglaterra, estende-se até à próxima quinta-feira, 14 de julho. A equipa viaja na manhã desta sexta-feira e, no aeroporto, não existiram quaisquer declarações.

Confira os 38 convocados:

Guarda-redes: Samuel Soares, Leo Kokubo, André Gomes, Helton Leite e Vlachodimos;

Defesas: Gilberto, Grimaldo, Vertonghen, Bah, Ristic, Otamendi, André Almeida, João Victor, António Silva, Tomás Araújo e Morato;

Médios: Neres, Gabriel, Meïte, Diogo Gonçalves, Chiquinho, João Mário, Pizzi, Rafa, Julian Weigl, Gil Dias, Tiago Gouveia, Taarabt, Paulo Bernardo, Florentino, Martim Neto e Diego Moreira;

Avançados: Yaremchuk, Seferovic, Rodrigo Pinho, Musa, Henrique Araújo e Gonçalo Ramos.

Benfica released Roger Schmidt's squad list for the stage that starts this Friday in St. George's Park. There are 38 players heading to England.

The pre-season training camp in England runs until next Thursday, July 14th. The team travels this Friday morning and, at the airport, there were no statements.

Check out the 38 called up:

Goalkeepers: Samuel Soares, Leo Kokubo, André Gomes, Helton Leite and Vlachodimos;

Defenders: Gilberto, Grimaldo, Vertonghen, Bah, Ristic, Otamendi, André Almeida, João Victor, António Silva, Tomás Araújo and Morato;

Midfielders: Neres, Gabriel, Meïte, Diogo Gonçalves, Chiquinho, João Mário, Pizzi, Rafa, Julian Weigl, Gil Dias, Tiago Gouveia, Taarabt, Paulo Bernardo, Florentino, Martim Neto and Diego Moreira;

Forwards: Yaremchuk, Seferovic, Rodrigo Pinho, Musa, Henrique Araújo and Gonçalo Ramos.
Meanwhile Wolves announce a squad of 14 to go to on their training camp

Jeff and Sellars would have a heart attack if our squad was that big 38 players .

Madmalc

Reaction score
sportwitness.co.uk/club-want-e45m-let-wolves-target-go-bruno-lage-chasing-second-attempt/

Nervous we spend all the budget on this boy, but would indicate we had the money for nunes he just wouldnt sign.

Finally, newspaper O Jogo claims Wolves already tried to sign Ramos on loan in January, and the Eagles turned it down back then. Now, since they’re full of attackers, they’re open to selling, but that would need to be for at least €45m.
You buy 2 players for 30m+, suddenly no one's available under 40m..

Northampton_wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Record reporting wolves for ramos, as alternative to silva.

And seferovic not on our radar

Swiss international Seferovic continues to be wanted in Turkey (Besiktas and Galatasaray) and in Spain (Mallorca) and the Reds' SAD has set the price for the forward at 8 million euros, who has another two years on his contract.

At 30, Seferovic is one of the highest paid in the squad and Schmidt is not a big fan of his qualities.

rincewind

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
So who did we announce with the kit release? I could barely sleep waiting for this.
Exactly as many players as the club said they would. Fair criticism of the club is justified and the current squad quality and depth is a concern. But it's a bit unreasonable to complain about something the fans had made up.

SeaWolf

Reaction score
2moro is my birthday so a signing would be a lovely surprise.... maybe they could have done the shirt reveal a little later though as I fancy a lay in.
Mine today too
To date I haven't complained about lack of transfers.
By midnight that could change.
And the new guy who looks a lot like Donk, but doesn't, ain't gonna cut it!

Achilles Last Stand

Reaction score
Guys, who the hell is this modelling the away shirt??View attachment 28775

Looks nothing like the Donck from the medical bay pic posted yesterday.

And what’s with the five fingers? Five signings? By 5pm today? 5ive reunion tour??

All questions that need answering. The silence from the club is deafening.
His face looks slimmer to me, so maybe he has lost a few kilos of weight, and as a result he could possibly have gained half a yard of pace, to make him slightly more mobile?
Hrm... I've used the words maybe, could, possibly and slightly in that sentence. Maybe I'm not that confident about my prediction :) ?

Madmalc

Reaction score
He has played 7 games less than Kilman of first team football. On that basis if we sold Kilman to Villa tomorrow you would be fine with that?
There's been no chance any of our under 23 team even getting to be a regular starter.. even when they represent and do well for their national team..

Could be the reason they prefer to clear off after a few loans out.

Maybe Jeff has twigged that buying so called first team starters has stunted good players development and shunted them out the door.

Last edited:

Northampton_wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Benfica landed what 90 mins ago, dont know if portugal will report on training at 5pm. But wonder if some players will be missing, or its a load of bs and we would never be able to get ramos

Axle

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I thought Seferovic was going/gone to Turkey. Coming off the bench I wouldn’t mind him and Bruno used him extensively when at Benfica as the forward pivot off which Felix and others fed. But that is 3/4 years ago now and the goal scoring prowess of our other strikers is not massive.
I think this is key. Managers need to be given the right tools for the job.

Ten Hag has an idea about the players that he needs in his system and is chasing those.

Why would Lage be any different?

If he’s not getting the tools it’s not entirely his fault if he’s not doing the job.

Adrian_Monk

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
You don't 'open talks' the day after someone leaves, they leave the day after someone signs. The two things should be coordinated to avoid being left short. Expect a signing today maybe?
Since Sellars 'would like to think we're a club that does things the right way', you'd think would be the case....

DDPPwolf313

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
On another note, I've just watched all Neves' goals posted by the club not long ago. How the **** is he still playing for us. Absolutely unreal player, the big boys are either stupid or Jeff is playing a blinder and he's going to sign a new contract. Sensational

WolfInSheep'sClothing

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
On another note, I've just watched all Neves' goals posted by the club not long ago. How the **** is he still playing for us. Absolutely unreal player, the big boys are either stupid or Jeff is playing a blinder and he's going to sign a new contract. Sensational
Cos he's a good lad, and we've priced him out of a move.

VancouverWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Then you have to wonder why.
or is it possible it’s because Wolves are not top 6 club, a ‘sexy’ city like London,Paris, Madrid etc.
I‘m just repeating what I’ve read on here previously.

Also, after last season’s terrible performances, some players might hesitate to sign on under Bruno.

modenawolf

Reaction score

Loan-to-buy would make sense for both clubs: Benfica probably ok for cash after Darwin sale, and Wolves probably only have to pay a loan fee.

If we're willing to sanction a loan for Fabio I'm hoping it means a deal for Ramos (or somebody else) is getting close.

Back
Top Bottom