Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

The happy days are here again, hopefully no more repeated arguments, transfer thread

Dan G WWFC

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Weimann scored 22 in the Championship last season, he was 3rd top scorer (behind Mitrovic and Solanke). Written off too early, here, as usual. :D Playing in a team that finished 17th. Imagine what he would score in a good side!

I'm not sure that players will always score more in better teams. Maybe the team was just built around him to score goals.

DanishWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Mouts has signed a one year deal. If Neves stays and MGW then there is no need to buy. Or rather, there is no money to (buy).

I suspect its the last option, as MGW is not going to play in central midfield.
A mess really if this is the midfield options we end up with:
A soon to be 36-year old, a true maestro but not getting younger.
A defensive midfielder with absolutely zero ability to change pace, and limited attacking ability.
A young player, not yet good enough, who needs a loan, not PL football
A player who's perfect for the role as an attacking midfielder, a role we do not use in the current system

And then Neves who's obviously brillant but can't do it on his own, needs somebody to complement what he lacks (pace, runs into the box, etc).

DanishWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I'd love us to play 433 with MGW as an attacking midfielder, supplemented by another AM that we buy.
I know people thought Palhinha and Neves would play the same position but actually a 433 with Neves as a defensive playmaker, Palhinha as a ball winner and then a fast, creative midfielder in front of them would've been fine.
Palhinha covers so much ground, him and Neves would've enabled us to press much higher up the field, and quickly recover lost possession.

As we supposedly backed out because we've better options, I'm really looking forward to see what that may be....

Joshwolf218

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Seems what previously was said about MGW is seemingly true

Doesn't seem to want to sign a contract, and if we let it run down he is worth less next year. If we can get 25-30 mil that's a good deal imo

Sure would love him to stay and play but without that protection of a contract extension we could lose out more money in the future.

Joshwolf218

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
I honestly think we could see protests soon if we have no action, and I can see why.

However I believe everyone should get behind the players no matter what.

Joshwolf218

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
It’s why Bruno said he wanted new players in for pre-season. That went well.

Yes but in the same soundbite he also said this

“We are working for that. In the same way we need to understand the policy of the club, the modern days. The first sale is going to be like a domino - the money will move.”

Mighty Thor

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
My current hope for this transfer window is that we have not signed anyone because they are about to sack the Portuguese mr bean and replace him with a new manager and give him a blank cheque book.

Dreaming is for free.

Uncle Festa

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I'd love us to play 433 with MGW as an attacking midfielder, supplemented by another AM that we buy.
I know people thought Palhinha and Neves would play the same position but actually a 433 with Neves as a defensive playmaker, Palhinha as a ball winner and then a fast, creative midfielder in front of them would've been fine.
Palhinha covers so much ground, him and Neves would've enabled us to press much higher up the field, and quickly recover lost possession.

As we supposedly backed out because we've better options, I'm really looking forward to see what that may be....
Thats thencrux of it with MGW. To get him.in the starting line up in a position he would be best at, we have to go 4 3 3. Which means no Coady, and us buying at least one extremely good centre half with leadership qualities. Cant see this happening.

Woburn Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Our plan seems to be to try and get Barca to overpay for Neves so we can then spend. But Barca just don't have the money to spend, no matter how much Mendes tries to grease those wheels.
If Neves is to go to Barca, it has to be a clever deal and is likely to include some young make weights and/or loans e.g Nico Gonzalez, Puig etc. Maybe some creative financing could be arranged too. If we are to get value for Neves this sounds in the hard to do category but you never know when Mendes is in the loop.

Fifty Niner

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Yes but in the same soundbite he also said this

“We are working for that. In the same way we need to understand the policy of the club, the modern days. The first sale is going to be like a domino - the money will move.”
At the moment it seems they are pricing themselves out of the market. I wonder whether clubs will play hard ball and any deals won’t be done until after the season kicks off, which is 4 weeks on Saturday.

Jawwfc

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
I'd like MGW to stay however if he is to go at least there is going to be a bidding war for him and including one of the teams which likes to overpay (Everton)

SmiffyWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Protests??????...bit OTT dont you think.....I can understand derby fans or blues fans.... Come on....
I can see it soon IMO as the club use to be open when Fosun first came in now it's a closed book . Stadium , No players signing . Yes we have time but we said this in other windows before . I can't believe they put the season ticket prices up for fans to watch the same **** like last season .

SteveBullsKnee

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
But…. but….but “he’s a Belgium International” and Martinez and bruno “know more than some idiots on the mix” according to the apologists.
I’d say two professional football coaches definitely know more than fans do.

lets all have a disco

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
There just seems to be overwhelming negativity only takes one wolves da to start it.

I just hope selling does help
It's hardly the 80s is it......you can't protest cause we ain't spending 100m in a transfer window....we would be the laughing stock of football....on our best run of consecutive top flight seasons in about 45 years . ..deary me...

Joshwolf218

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
At the moment it seems they are pricing themselves out of the market. I wonder whether clubs will play hard ball and any deals won’t be done until after the season kicks off, which is 4 weeks on Saturday.

Imagine the state of social.media if that's the case

Joshwolf218

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
It's hardly the 80s is it......you can't protest cause we ain't spending 100m in a transfer window....we would be the laughing stock of football....

Well that's your opinion but multiple factors outside just spending money in transfers could come into play.

Increased Season tickets, match day costs, lack of communication in some cases, lack of stadium development. A focus on other business ventures which I get.

I'm not calling for protests just thinking it could be a thing first game of the season and nothing has happened don't you think the fans will start on fosun

WickedWolfie

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I can see it soon IMO as the club use to be open when Fosun first came in now it's a closed book . Stadium , No players signing . Yes we have time but we said this in other windows before . I can't believe they put the season ticket prices up for fans to watch the same **** like last season .
No one makes you go, just saying.

T

TheConcourse

Two separate issues at play here:

Fans desire to play more attacking football
MGW

We can play more attacking football without MGW. The two aren’t mutually exclusive. £25m, unless he’s improved beyond all belief, is very good for us.

Snippet I’ve heard from the source that told me Moutinho is staying over a week ago: MGW is not concerned about staying. Happy to take a deal or listen to offers.

Take it one of two ways:

1. Players are desperate to leave because of deep-rooted cultural issues (they aren’t, btw)

2. The player fancies a new experience in the Capital.

Not every punch in the face means the whole house is on fire.

Direwolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Well that's your opinion but multiple factors outside just spending money in transfers could come into play.

Increased Season tickets, match day costs, lack of communication in some cases, lack of stadium development. A focus on other business ventures which I get.

I'm not calling for protests just thinking it could be a thing first game of the season and nothing has happened don't you think the fans will start on fosun

Please join the wally club and go and get a bed sheet and stand outside molineux with 'You've let us down again' you will have the **** taken out of you for the next twenty years.

Back
Top Bottom