Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

The happy days are here again, hopefully no more repeated arguments, transfer thread

Corporate Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
You could say that about any of the U23's - they had a very good season.
I struggle to see Mosquera as a first team player (though he may soon have to be) after playing only a handful of games in the top flight in his own country before we signed him.
As you say - Lage may not have a choice. Much depends on whether he believes he has the players to move to a back 4....
At the moment he will struggle to fill the subs bench.

Supadavewolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I actually do think we've younger players to replace some of the outgoings, depending of course on how many we let out on loan.
Moutinho is the big worry for me. Not so much letting him go, but to replace him. Dendoncker and Cundle with all due respect doesn't do it.

As for waiting until September. We've 5 games in August. Team needs to be sorted before the season starts, not before September.
It would be ideal if we could sort it sooner rather than later, but we still have a decent enough squad to start the season - if no more leave!

Yes, Moutinho would be a big loss in terms of his experience and presence in the squad - hope we hear one way or another today.

WolfInSheep'sClothing

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I struggle to see Mosquera as a first team player (though he may soon have to be) after playing only a handful of games in the top flight in his own country before we signed him.
And Kilman had how many games for who?
If he's talented enough, give him the games here. If he isn't don't bother signing him.

tamwolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
He didn’t settle in the UK properly and wanted to go home. Nothing to do with not being able to sell a vision.

That's the line people want to take. Rob Edwards (who was his coach at the time) thinks it's because he wanted first team football and saw his opportunities for that as limited at Wolves though. Says its his ambition that made him leave.

wolfslair

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
That's the line people want to take. Rob Edwards (who was his coach at the time) thinks it's because he wanted first team football and saw his opportunities for that as limited at Wolves though. Says its his ambition that made him leave.

That is what many of us thought anyway, so not shocked in the slightest.

Look at Vitinha, Nuno didn’t play him anywhere near enough, he was a star in the Portugal u21 team that includes Viera who just got a big move to arsenal. It was clear he had a significant amount of potential and just needed blooding. This player of last season didn’t just come out of nowhere……

Easy to say and believed that he left as being homesick. As if you are young and ambitious in a foreign country and made the move to get opportunities and don’t get them. So he left and going back home was the easiest option

Bryce

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
7th 7th 13th 10th

Not doing too bad.

Just playing devils advocate.
7th good counter attacking
7th Traore and Raul shine
13th not able to score, turgid football Nuno sacked
10th thanks to an over performing defence and GK for two thirds of the season but plummeted out of recognition once performance regressed to the norms. Not able to score enough.

You can see the pattern?

Northampton_wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
10th thanks to an over performing defence and GK for two thirds of the season but plummeted out of recognition once performance regressed to the norms. Not able to score enough.

You can see the pattern?
Need goals.

Right then anyone up a tree at compton to see the internationals come back

North West Wanderer

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

I still maintain that isn’t us not selling a vision.

North West Wanderer

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

You can see the pattern?
Absolutely. I also think that signing loads of players isn’t always the answer. As I said playing devils advocate.

WolfInSheep'sClothing

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

You can see the pattern?
Not really.

Bill S Preston Esq.

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Neves, Jota and Costa were already established players elsewhere so completely irrelevant. Neto yeah, but it took him a while to actually get starts even after impressing. Neto started 9 league games for us in his first season. Kilman like I said was dropped despite impressing. MGW yeah, we did try and force the issue with him but he wasn't ready. So in my opinion Nuno was very tough on unproven youngsters and I can see how others would be put off by that approach.
Neves was out of favour at Porto, Jota and Costa never even played for their parent clubs and were loaned out even before being loaned to Wolves,

Mugwump

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

It's probably a combination of both things. There was no doubt he was homesick because there was an interview with Neves ( I'll have a look for it at some point when i feel a little better, this covid is knocking me around!) where he said despite all their best efforts he didn't really settle. Combine that with not playing and you can see why he wanted to go back to Portugal.

D

Deleted member intdint

Nonsense, the club asked Neves to let him live with him and his family, but he still couldn’t settle and was going home quite often. Club allowed him to go back several times, club tried to support him the best they could.

Hoganstolemywife

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

Northampton_wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I've finally come round to the belief that selling MGW would be a mistake.

Not because I think he's unsellable....just because we would be selling him to fund a deal for a similar player who plays in a similar position.

I'd rather give the local lad a go.
Same logic on my point, he deserved his new contract for his performance last year.

The assists and goals he scored he would vy with podence to get in the team.

Now without moutinho he may play straight from midfield.

lobodelsur

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
We waited until the end of the window for the last 6 windows with respect
Because we have to wait our turn.
The 35 clubs (in the 5 big European leagues) which have qualified for European competitions get to choose first. Or rather players look to get a contract with one of them.
Then we get to have a say...along with Vile, Soton, Everton etc

Hoganstolemywife

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Same logic on my point, he deserved his new contract for his performance last year.

The assists and goals he scored he would vy with podence to get in the team.

Now without moutinho he may play straight from midfield.
Yes ... I love Podence but he's very much an 'on his day' player. Similar to MGW.

I just don't think a club like us - a club that really struggles to score can let talented attackers go. Or should.

Moutinho is staying but I'd still wager MGW gets starts from there.

Hoganstolemywife

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Thelwell might be having a day in that now he’s at Everton.
Good point.
I just really really want Morgan to succeed here. I love how he plays the game with genuine confidence and tries things.
It's why I love Podence too

We are a secure pl club, yes, but my god we are dull to watch! More players like pod and MGW would excite me.

lobodelsur

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Absolutely. I also think that signing loads of players isn’t always the answer. As I said playing devils advocate.
It seems we're all pretty much agreed that 2 or (maximum) 3 new players would be enough to make us seriously competitive - provided they are the right players of course...

Contrarian

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

Yes, agree on that. That's why the point I was making was that if you could graft Mosqueras mentality onto Trincao's natural talent, you'd have some player!

Sedgley Gold N Black

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

goldfish

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
It's probably a combination of both things. There was no doubt he was homesick because there was an interview with Neves ( I'll have a look for it at some point when i feel a little better, this covid is knocking me around!) where he said despite all their best efforts he didn't really settle. Combine that with not playing and you can see why he wanted to go back to Portugal.
I doubt the club wanted to spread the 'homesick' narrative: it'll be hard enough selling Wolverhampton as it is!

Back
Top Bottom