Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

The happy days are here again, hopefully no more repeated arguments, transfer thread

Wolf316

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
That's a bit presumptuous saying he doesn't give a penny to the club. If he pays a subscription to watch the games, if he buys shirts or other merchandise, then directly or indirectly he is giving the club his money.
Probably is I’ll edit the post accordingly.

Zico

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
well, funny you should say that,…. about 3 months ago in jest I said to my Canadian wife….
” what say we buy or rent a house in Wolverhampton and live there for about a year?” She nearly floored me when she said “yes…..let’s do something new”…….wow.
I didn’t think she’d be interested and was thinking of doing a long weekend every month or so on my own.

I want to go when Wolves are playing well and maybe on a good cup run. I don’t need to go to many of the games, as have no ST…….doesn’t matter, the atmosphere is very important too.
Molineux is my Mecca……has been since ‘67. …never faltered.
This is no bs. Spent many hours on YouTube and Google Earth and looked all over Wolverhampton, especially the bus rides.
Checked out the real estate in the area, especially the one that backs up on to Compton training ground.Big big house but horrible wallpaper and those big radiators.
I could rent my house here out but if I buy over there, then I could be stuck with it when we comeback.

However, we’re now thinking of Dublin as a base and jump around.
You want to go when we're playing well?! Take your chances like the rest of us!!

VancouverWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I live in North Wales and my offer of accommodation is genuine, fall out with all sorts on here but generally get on great in person, would gladly host your visit
Thats a really cool offer and is sincerely appreciated .
But if I’m that close then I want to be in Wolverhampton….just gotta. You get that, right?

VancouverWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
You want to go when we're playing well?! Take your chances like the rest of us!!
Hahaha…..fair comment.
But it’s going to get better…..really is.
Guo, Jeff, Bruno and the players are not blind…..they too must have hated the way we played last two seasons.

Northampton_wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

Spurs hope to complete Richarlison deal​

Tottenham are hopeful of completing a deal to sign Everton's Richarlison in the next 24 hours.
Sources close to negotiations are indicating an agreement is close between the clubs.
Everton are understood to be under pressure to bring themselves in line with the Premier League's Profit and Sustainability rules before the end of the financial year, which is midnight tomorrow (June 30)
It remains to be seen whether Spurs will also be able to do a deal for Anthony Gordon - but Sky Sports News reported earlier today that the Blues were reluctant to discuss his potential sale.

Very interesting I wonder if Everton, villa and others will be in trouble before next year to. or if any others are struggling this June.

Is this why we don't want to do Any business until.July to allow another profit on the books?

WickedWolfie

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

Tottenham are hopeful of completing a deal to sign Everton's Richarlison in the next 24 hours.
Sources close to negotiations are indicating an agreement is close between the clubs.
Everton are understood to be under pressure to bring themselves in line with the Premier League's Profit and Sustainability rules before the end of the financial year, which is midnight tomorrow (June 30)
It remains to be seen whether Spurs will also be able to do a deal for Anthony Gordon - but Sky Sports News reported earlier today that the Blues were reluctant to discuss his potential sale.

Very interesting I wonder if Everton, villa and others will be in trouble before next year to. or if any others are struggling this June.

Is this why we don't want to do Any business until.July to allow another profit on the books?
An interesting question. Maybe there is method in Fosun's madness???

R

reanswolf

Theres no need to belittle someone because they can't go to games.
Nobody really wants to belittle anyone with an interest in our beloved Wolves, but when a person who doesn’t go / invest time and money into the club offers strong opinions about things, they are doing so from an entirely different premise, and hence perhaps are perceived as not having the same level of right to pass judgement on things

SingYourHeartsOut

"Its less confusing with a smaller brain"
Reaction score

I like the straw clutching there.

Surely if anything you make the maximum allowable loss and we'd be better to use up the money we could have spent last season. It's all irrelevant now we're being run 'sustainably' though.

Northampton_wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I like the straw clutching there.

Surely if anything you make the maximum allowable loss and we'd be better to use up the money we could have spent last season. It's all irrelevant now we're being run 'sustainably' though.
thank you however we had two losses one profit, if we profit this year for next years run on the three year cycle we could in theory have a big loss this year

Sussex Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

Or, might we see a significant purchase tomorrow from a club desperate for cash to balance their books?

SingYourHeartsOut

Reaction score
thank you however we had two losses one profit, if we profit this year for next years run on the three year cycle we could in theory have a big loss this year
Welcome. I have no idea how that works. We're waiting to turn a profit so we can make a big loss next year as opposed to making some of that loss now and a bit less next year? Then two years down the line that loss is still in the three year cycle. Don't see how we've gained there (even if there was any chance of us actually doing it).

SquaddieWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Nobody really wants to belittle anyone with an interest in our beloved Wolves, but when a person who doesn’t go / invest time and money into the club offers strong opinions about things, they are doing so from an entirely different premise, and hence perhaps are perceived as not having the same level of right to pass judgement on things
Same level of right? Didn't realise there was a rank structure on here.

Sussex Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Welcome. I have no idea how that works. We're waiting to turn a profit so we can make a big loss next year as opposed to making some of that loss now and a bit less next year? Then two years down the line that loss is still in the three year cycle. Don't see how we've gained there (even if there was any chance of us actually doing it).

If June 30 has any relevance for Wolves, I suspect it more likely as an opportunity to buy a key target for a good price. Guedes for instance. Or, playing with the FFP reporting system, but us buying Trincao from Barca for 25m and with them in turn buying Traore in July for the same amount…

wolfslair

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Some suggestion ronan is getting a chance in pre season. Will be interesting to see how he gets on. He can take a good set piece!
YES!!! Fantastic!!!

I rate that kid being half Irish and following him for the age grade teams! He has loads of ability and be nice to see him and Morgan two products of our academy get a chance to deliver on their promise.

Can pass, hit a good set piece and has a quality shot from distance on him that he isn’t afraid to use! Scored some bangers in the SPL.

People have short memories on Connor, he broke into the first team and was playing really well till he got those stress fractures in his spine.

Very happy indeed!!!!

IOMWolf

Groupie
Reaction score
Perhaps we need some sort of scoring system to determine what level of right we have to pass judgment on things

SingYourHeartsOut

Reaction score
If June 30 has any relevance for Wolves, I suspect it more likely as an opportunity to buy a key target for a good price. Guedes for instance.
More plausible and at least I only have to wait 24 hours to be disillusioned. I suppose it's better than watching Jez hover around the administrators at Luton Town.

SteveBullsKnee

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I doubt anyone disagrees. It's just that waving your arms about it doesn't achieve anything except angst. It's like walking into a lamppost and spending the next hour arguing with it. It's not going to stop being a lamppost.

The best way to escape the spiral of negativity is to go do something else that isn't so negative, because nothing's going to change until it changes.
Fantastic analogy!

SingYourHeartsOut

Reaction score
If June 30 has any relevance for Wolves, I suspect it more likely as an opportunity to buy a key target for a good price. Guedes for instance. Or, playing with the FFP reporting system, but us buying Trincao from Barca for 25m and with them in turn buying Traore in July for the same amount…
I should say I liked this before you added the idea of buying Trincao for 25m!

SquaddieWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Perhaps we need some sort of scoring system to determine what level of right we have to pass judgment on things
Well because of my job I'm only managing to get to about 5 or 6 games a season currently, but now I realise that means I don't love the team as much as an ST holder or someone who gets there more. It also means my opinion is probably only worth about 20% of others.

Summer_Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Am I worried?…….no. Because I doubt Wolves would have let these guys leave and weaken the squad and not have a plan.
The fact that they were trying to get Botman and Sanchez last summer indicated that Jeff and Bruno knew they needed more players……and that hasn’t changed. If anything, last summer most likely taught them a lesson and to be more proactive this window.
We can safely assume that neither Guo or Jeff would allow the club to go backwards……why would they?

We might be pleasantly surprised how this window turns out…….buts it’s far too early yet to worry.
You mean like we did in January, when we let Traore out on loan, with nothing in it for us, took away another option fir the manager and constantly ignored his requests for players? We've done exactly what you just said we didn't do... Let a player leave, weakened the squad and had no plan, so we have previous for it.

VancouverWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Same level of right? Didn't realise there was a rank structure on here.

Wolves get a big chunk of money from TV rights and that high amount is probably due to viewers from abroad.
Plus the poster above seems to think I don’t invest time on Wolves……well, they have my permission to ask the mods how much time on spend on the mix.

Anyway, whatever. I can’t turn off my heart.

berwickwolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Well because of my job I'm only managing to get to about 5 or 6 games a season currently, but now I realise that means I don't love the team as much as an ST holder or someone who gets there more. It also means my opinion is probably only worth about 20% of others.
No, that's simply not true, we are all wolves fans. This conversation has become ridiculous

Back
Top Bottom