Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

The happy days are here again, hopefully no more repeated arguments, transfer thread

NewarkWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Adding absolutely zero context. Well done.
Haha,

My point was how some are yet again going well over the top with what we have! Yes we want to improve and need to but **** me to post how awful it'll be with those two still is pathetic, there's a few who long to moan on here and it's getting very Tedious, some thrive on wanting to be negative at every turn.

NewarkWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
If we go into the season with the same three of Neves, Moutinho and Donk we will have failed miserably in the transfer window. Surely you cannot be happy clappy enough to deny that?
Not happy no, but again some are talking like we've got **** all in there without purchasing. We all know we need to get a bit more in there but to state its awful with those who we have is ridiculous

wwbug

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Haha,

My point was how some are yet again going well over the top with what we have! Yes we want to improve and need to but **** me to post how awful it'll be with those two still is pathetic, there's a few who long to moan on here and it's getting very Tedious, some thrive on wanting to be negative at every turn.
Newark - Neto, Jimmy , Traore, Marcal, Hoever , Moutinho, Neves, Trincao Saiss are all uncertain , injured or actually left..
NOBODY has joined . Get real, this is worrying as we bombed in the last 17 matches of the season.

Last edited:

Adrian_Monk

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I'll be honest I was never a fan of Marcal. But I'm sure Zubar had one too
Yeah he wasn't quite Marcelo, but he didn't cost us many games. When I watched the YouTube video I thought we were getting Ray Hankin and George Elokobi's love child

NewarkWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Come on, u know what he means. We simply can’t rely on Neves, A year- older Mouts, and Donkducker
We can't rely on them in an ideal world when wanting to move forward no. But stating that the current personnel are that bad that its deemed as awful is yet again a huge exaggeration seen often on here

JOSWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I cant see how anyone can not understand that the negativity is only going to get worse the longer the club go without showing decisive action in the transfer market. I think it has all built up from recent windows where they have been very underwhelming, in my opinion. The lack of a first team ready centre back and central midfield player signing for over 3 years is staggeringly poor.

Until the club start showing some positive moves in the transfer market the frustration and worry will only get worse in my opinion as it is pretty clear this summer needs to be a good one and the squad really needs refreshing as evidenced by our finish to the season last season.

SingYourHeartsOut

"Its less confusing with a smaller brain"
Reaction score
Having Neves and Moutinho here is fine but it is massively obvious we need some more mobile and more attack minded options for central ,midfield whether they stay or not. It is blatantly obvious to me and has been for over 3 years.
I'd live with those 3 to be honest (I might be lowering my bar) if we had the defenders to play a 4231.

NewarkWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I cant see how anyone can not understand that the negativity is only going to get worse the longer the club go without showing decisive action in the transfer market. I think it has all built up from recent windows where they have been very underwhelming, in my opinion. The lack of a first team ready centre back and central midfield player signing for over 3 years is staggeringly poor.

Until the club start showing some positive moves in the transfer market the frustration and worry will only get worse in my opinion as it is pretty clear this summer needs to be a good one and the squad really needs refreshing as evidenced by our finish to the season last season.
The negativity gets worse the more porters drive it based on rumour from social media. We create most of this ourselves on here sadly

Eastyorksyeltz

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
The negativity gets worse the more porters drive it based on rumour from social media. We create most of this ourselves on here sadly
This sums it up for me, because both you and Jos are right. There are clearly issues that need addressing, but I still think we have time to address them and I don't think for a minute that the club don't see the problems and are not trying to address them.

Oldgold Wolfcub

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Newark - Neto, Jimmy , Traore, Marcal, Hoever , Moutinho, Neves, Trincao Saiss are all uncertain , injured or actually left..
NOBODY has joined . Get real, this is worrying as we bombed in the lsat 17 matches of the season.
Dont worry as long as we still have Doris as our tea lady there is always hope.:D

JOSWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

Will only get better if the club start to make positive moves. The longer it goes on the worse it will get. Comes from a build of recent windows being very underwhelming and as I say the fact we have been waiting for key additions in central midfield and central defence for several years. You could probably add striker as well. Raul needs competition, I like Fabio but we need more.

The club and its action will always set the tone of how fans are on social media etc. Look at Newcastle now. Like chalk and cheese from this time last summer.

If the club start to make positive and decisive moves the negativity will dwindle. Only the club can do this though and powers that be.

WickedWolfie

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
It’s not a rumour though that we have not signed a centre midfielder since 2018
Not true (e.g. Vitihna). It is though sadly true to say that we haven't signed a centre midfielder who has been successful with our first team since 2018.

The Wolf In The North

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

I doubt anyone disagrees. It's just that waving your arms about it doesn't achieve anything except angst. It's like walking into a lamppost and spending the next hour arguing with it. It's not going to stop being a lamppost.

The best way to escape the spiral of negativity is to go do something else that isn't so negative, because nothing's going to change until it changes.

JOSWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Most clubs have. They have pre agreed deals in place ready to go for the 1st july.

Yep. Southampton have two virtual done deals potentially from Chelsea which looks fantastic business. We are one of bout 5 clubs who have done nothing income wise, yet.

VancouverWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
So are you worried that those four players have left from that weak squad ?
Has Traore returned, has Moutinho signed. ? This is a team crumbling like an iceberg in warm water.
Am I worried?…….no. Because I doubt Wolves would have let these guys leave and weaken the squad and not have a plan.
The fact that they were trying to get Botman and Sanchez last summer indicated that Jeff and Bruno knew they needed more players……and that hasn’t changed. If anything, last summer most likely taught them a lesson and to be more proactive this window.
We can safely assume that neither Guo or Jeff would allow the club to go backwards……why would they?

We might be pleasantly surprised how this window turns out…….buts it’s far too early yet to worry.

Adrian_Monk

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
It might be a bad translation but

"This is because from inside the "Wolves" they pointed out that they are not behind in Osorio's footsteps , and even that they did not know the 18-year-old player who was promoted to the first team of the U this season , where he has surprised with three goals in 12 games played, five of them as a starter."

Are they saying we didnt know he was promoted to the first team or we didnt know who the player was at all ?
We're not even windowshopping now :D

JOSWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Not true (e.g. Vitihna). It is though sadly true to say that we haven't signed a centre midfielder who has been successful with our first team since 2018.

The way I put it is we havent signed a first team ready central midfield player or centre back for over 3 years. You could say similar for the striker situation of nearly 3 years.

Rhoswolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Am I worried?…….no. Because I doubt Wolves would have let these guys leave and weaken the squad and not have a plan.
The fact that they were trying to get Botman and Sanchez last summer indicated that Jeff and Bruno knew they needed more players……and that hasn’t changed. If anything, last summer most likely taught them a lesson and to be more proactive this window.
We can safely assume that neither Guo or Jeff would allow the club to go backwards……why would they?

We might be pleasantly surprised how this window turns out…….buts it’s far too early yet to worry.
Why would you worry, not like you're planning to attend any game soon or invest anything in your suppprt, purely a theoretic exercise for you.

VancouverWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I think you might regret that
We could end up with considerably worse, what with the amateurs we have in charge
Well if you think they’re amateurs then you’d be a fool to expect anything better. Right?

However, I doubt you’re a fool.

WickedWolfie

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
The way I put it is we havent signed a first team ready central midfield player or centre back for over 3 years. You could say similar for the striker situation of nearly 3 years.
Strikers l am sure, with Cutrone and Willian Jose, that we thought that we had. Sadly some moves, for whatever reason, don't work out.

Adrian_Monk

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I'm just saying. No one has any idea of what work is going on in the back ground yet are wetting themselves cos no one has signed yet 16 odd other clubs haven't done anything really yet either.

Just because our form was poor doesn't mean that speeds up transfers/players ability to see what offers come in/go on holiday etc etc hahaha

So yes, I'm being realistic and at this point in time it's sad that some are slitting wrists when it's still bloody June!!! I'll be with you having a moan of some description come August if we've done nothing and sold a few more players yes! But right now nothing has really happened but we have weeks yet

None of which would improve us! It's easier to just sign run off the mill players than ones that improve you, especially when we're looking for those with a bit of spark about them to chase the top 6-8
Whilst I get your point, how do you know they wouldn't improve us? Sa improved us more than almost any other player has in recent seasons - I don't think anyone expected him to be as good as he has been.

T-dot-wolves

Groupie
Reaction score
Permanent deals I believe. I wouldn’t want them on loan, but as perms would be similar to guehi to palace and livramento to saints - young players who can get games straight away with a huge ceiling.
Very happy to offer permanent deals. Very against doing another clubs youth development while they stockpile the best talent in the world

VancouverWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Why would you worry, not like you're planning to attend any game soon or invest anything in your suppprt, purely a theoretic exercise for you.
Low blow.
There are tens of thousands of Wolves fans in Wolverhampton, England and around the world who don’t or can’t go to games.
Mutchy is one and do you think her emotional investment in Wolves is just a theoretical exercise?

Back
Top Bottom