Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Summer Transfer Window 2022.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mile End Wanderer

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
For all we know it's still available. The club aren't going to wave it about like Loadsamoney!
Well we offered about 20m for them they wanted near 30m so I’m guessing we have about 25m and 12m of that went on Mr Hwangy leaves us with 13m plus whatever else TV revenue has come through or whatever

Black Country Wanderer

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
No one has a clue what we have to spend
Shi has always said theres cash available if we want it,but he wants to keep the self sustainability model running
This is the first year of freedom since FFP rules were put on us,so lets see what happens

I dont expect 100s of millions to be spent,no one does,but i do expect an influx of quality players
It may depend in Neves,Traore and others going,but im happy with that, as long as they are replaced with decent ,first team ready, options

Personally i can see maybe 3/4 quality players coming in and maybe a couple of "for the future"additions
I may be being optimistic,but if we dont do it now it will show they have no faith in Bruno,presuming he is staying,and the project is over imo

Dan G WWFC

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
What ever happened to the supposed money we had for the bids for Botman, Kamara and Sanches?

Finding good players at teams that play in the top 5 leagues is the easy bit. Getting them to join you is the issue

JOSWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Here's a crazy thought... maybe they still have it and intend on spending it this summer.
Why not wait until the end of the window.

No offence but heard the same last summer and look how that turned out! To me it looks more and more like the only money they will invest is through players we sell. That is my feeling. I could be wrong. Indications from Spiers and Jacqui Oately are there is no money unless we sell.

WWFC4EVA

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I would say the hysteria has started early this year....but I remember the past few seasons! I swear that I'm a lot happier now I only check in infrequently! The peddlers of doom have no hold on me this season!
Qué será, sera, my friend.

The Wolf Of Wombourne

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Not sure on that we have a pretty hefty wage bill. If we do post positive accounts this year, I doubt it will be by much
14th highest in the league according to

May not be 100% accurate but not far off imo.

JOSWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I would say the hysteria has started early this year....but I remember the past few seasons! I swear that I'm a lot happier now I only check in infrequently! The peddlers of doom have no hold on me this season!

Started early this year, Hogan, due to several poor transfer windows in a row now, our best player looking like he will be sold, Saiss, Ruddy and possibly Moutinho leaving. Reports MGW may go as well. Reports that there is no money unless we sell anyone.

Very telling that some of the less worried supporters on social media and on other Wolves forum are getting concerned already.

Of course the club may well get it right this summer but I have a lot of doubts that they will. Hopefully they will prove me wrong.

WeAreTheWolvesII

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Shi has always said theres cash available if we want it,but he wants to keep the self sustainability model running
This is the first year of freedom since FFP rules were put on us,so lets see what happens

I dont expect 100s of millions to be spent,no one does,but i do expect an influx of quality players
It may depend in Neves,Traore and others going,but im happy with that, as long as they are replaced with decent ,first team ready, options

Personally i can see maybe 3/4 quality players coming in and maybe a couple of "for the future"additions
I may be being optimistic,but if we dont do it now it will show they have no faith in Bruno,presuming he is staying,and the project is over imo
Unfortunately, we all do know.

Hoganstolemywife

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Started early this year, Hogan, due to several poor transfer windows in a row now, our best player looking like he will be sold, Saiss, Ruddy and possibly Moutinho leaving. Reports MGW may go as well. Reports that there is no money unless we sell anyone.

Very telling that some of the less worried supporters on social media and on other Wolves forum are getting concerned already.

I never put too much stock in reports for Wolves. We always sign players out of left field. We should have had a full revamp last season. We were too late to do so and the fact we tailed off this season was a byproduct of that (imo).

I know I'm an anomaly but I applaud a good sale. All good teams know when it's time to reboot a squad, getting good money for some of the mainstays.

Every player at the club should be available for the right money at any time. The club should have a ready made list of replacements it's ready to sound out for every position. Do we have that? Not sure. Clearly we have a number of young lads on the radar (Marquinhos, Toti, Chiqiunho etc), but it's also entirely fair to say last summer's transfer window was a complete piddle, and any plan was either lacking or absent.

I just hope this is actually a summer of change rather than just another one in which we cling on to a team that is past its best. No disgrace in that. Fergie reassembled the Man Utd squad 4/5 times, Clough did the same at Forest. We need a new cycle of players, and if that comes about through raising money through selling Neves, MGW and someone else....no worries.

Just IMO of course.

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
No offence but heard the same last summer and look how that turned out! To me it looks more and more like the only money they will invest is through players we sell. That is my feeling. I could be wrong. Indications from Spiers and Jacqui Oately are there is no money unless we sell.
No offence but I will wait until the first game of pre season to see what, or not, has been spent .
And JOS ....please don't take what Spiers and Jacqui say as gospel. They know nothing

SteveBullsKnee

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Fosun are a multi billion pound conglomerate, surely they should be bankrolling at least some cash into the club. No one is asking them to put in silly money. It only gives more credence to the suspicions that the tap has been turned off IMO.
But from the day they walked in they’ve always said they eventually want us to be self sufficient

sc91

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

You can see what we have available and get a rough idea through the accounts on Companies House. It's very much a good indicator in black and white, in all fairness.

jonesy

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I do believe their plan will be to have a major shake up with the playing staff this summer. What I’m not so sure of is how fosun are going to manage a massive over hall when they have to sell neves for etc to finance it, the time constraints and availability of targets and getting targets in quickly and efficiently.

Last edited:

maws

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
We got Sa and Chiquinho last season, as well as Trincao who we all thought was a stellar signing. We also improved our league position. Just for a alternative view

Summer_Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
But from the day they walked in they’ve always said they eventually want us to be self sufficient

That doesn't add up with these comments, and many others Jeff has banged on about to the press. Jeff has always banged on about being one of the best clubs in the country bla bla bla. It doesn't match up with the current strategy. In itself, I don't mind being a top half/midtable club, but don't hype us up to be this incredibly ambitious side when we aren't and then, hike season ticket prices on the back of the bull**** they spin about ambition.

I genuinely don't remember them talking about being self sufficient when they first took over? All the talk was get promoted as soon as possible and kick on from there?

sc91

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

That doesn't add up with these comments, and many others Jeff has banged on about to the press. Jeff has always banged on about being one of the best clubs in the country bla bla bla. It doesn't match up with the current strategy. In itself, I don't mind being a top half/midtable club, but don't hype us up to be this incredibly ambitious side when we aren't and then, hike season ticket prices on the back of the bull**** they spin about ambition.

I genuinely don't remember them talking about being self sufficient when they first took over? All the talk was get promoted as soon as possible and kick on from there?
Not to forget that self sufficiency just isn't possible in top flight football.

D

Deleted member drgr12429

That was in 2018. I'm sure to begin with he thought it was possible. A dose of reality later he realises we can't. Like shooting for the stars but only managing to get to Milton Keynes.

Starsky

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Been said thousands of times, in terms of cash flow and available finance, Wolves are broke.

We'll knock 10's of millions from the wage bill this Summer IMO.

It has got too big for a financially limited club like us.

Summer_Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
That was in 2018. I'm sure to begin with he thought it was possible. A dose of reality later he realises we can't. Like shooting for the stars but only managing to get to Milton Keynes.

It doesn't matter what year it was, if anything it proves how clueless he is. Things like that raise expectations unnecessarily. You can't say one thing, do another and take the fan base for idiots and raise ticket prices for a depreciating product on the pitch. The reality is there is no way we should be in a position of there being no funds for transfers outside of what we bring in, they have the funds alright. They don't want to invest it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom